- Beach: Dreams PVR is situated at a very private cove surrounded by huge boulder so there aren't hawkers and random people hanging out on the beach (unlike most other resorts with a public beach).
- Food: Foods at most restaurants are very good. There's Mexican, Italian, seafood, steak, etc. And the buffet restaurant have lots of selections too.
- Activities: there are some water activities like kayaking, beach volleyball and pool exercises. But they are few and some are subject to ocean conditions (i am not sure why it is usually red flag even when there was barely a breeze). I thought they could add a few more activities
- Entertainment: Dreams PVR is a small resort so obviously the nightly shows cannot compare to bigger resorts. No complaints but could've been better.
- Room: Every room faces the ocean with a million-dollar sunset view. However the rooms are outdated and not very well maintained (for example chipped paint on bathtub, etc). The ring at the basketball court was down too during our stay.
- Service excellence: Services is generally very good. But I feel that the pending sale to Hyatt is affecting the employees. Some of them are nervous about it. While most are friendly some appeared that they are ready to change job. By chatting with some staff most are feeling sad and uncertain about the transfer of ownership.
- Upgrades-and-updates: The hotel feels like it hasn't been kept up to date, especially the public areas. The main pool looks old and a bit dirty too. The fitness center is very old too with equipment that feels like from the 80s.
- Sales pressure: After check-in, there's a short sales pitch for the AMResort and they are always a few sales ladies near the lobby area looking for every opportunity to sell you excursions and membership.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel