From beginning to end, everyone at this property did an outstanding job of making our stay enjoyable and worry free. The grounds are lush and well-maintained; most areas are accessible without having to use stairs. Our room, in Tower 1 on the 20th floor (really 10th), was comfortable and clean. The only complaint I would have of the room is some more comfortable seating other than on the bed would be nice. The one "easy" chair was not very comfortable and since the rain kept us indoors several days, it would have been nice to have a couple of good, comfortable chairs in our room. The view from our room was fabulous; the floors below 17 or 16 in this building are probably not as good as there is lots of dense shrubbery and trees.
There are 2 reasons for 4 stars instead of 5. First, while this is not a "time-share" property per se, they do try to sell vacation memberships. We didn't even make it to our room right after arrival w/o having to stop for a "chat" with the appointment maker, who was very persistent until we finally gave in and let him set us up for the spiel. It wasn't as bad as others we've been roped into, and I did end up with $250 spa credits, but it was irritating that they just wouldn't seem to take "not interested" as an answer.
Second, the restaurant schedule was not as accommodating as we would have liked. The food overall was very good with the Grill being our favorite, followed closely by El Patio. Oceana was disappointing, the food was fair but the service was poor compared to the other locations - especially the second time we ate there. Which brings me to the schedule. Each day, several of the restaurants were dark. I understand it was low season while we were there, and I understand the need to make the best use of resources, but some nights, the selection for a dinner venue was very limited.
Even those two criticisms wouldn't keep us from returning to this resort, and I would have definitely stayed longer if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel