We are family of five with three boys 20, 13 and 8 from San Francisco Bay Area. We stayed in this resort August 6 – August 13th and had a very good experience overall. We have been traveled mostly to Cancun Area/Rivera Maya and stayed in Iberostar, Barcelo Colonial Beach, H10 Resorts. We’ve been once in Nuevo Vallarta (Riu ) and did not like it at all so as the sea was not beautiful comparing to Caribbean Side. However, Dreams’ location was so different from all Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta Resorts Area and provided us with great substitution for our Caribbean trips. Now we even do not feel any need to fly that far any more. We voted Dreams as our main destination for all inclusive beach vacation.
We actually would give this resort Rating based on the following:
-Located in Romantic zone, Squeezed between mountains on private beach, $5/5 minutes taxi ride to town of Puerto Vallarta
- Just spectacular views from both of our room on 11th and 7th floor; and not just for the ocean but the cliffs, mountains and cascading villas on the sides. In all my previous destinations I never could afford such ocean view/ocean front rooms – and in this resort – all rooms are like that!
- Very clean and white sand beach, almost rock free, beautiful turquoise color swimable ocean; plenty of beach chairs and shades. We spend a lot of time swimming in the sea, and the view from the ocean towards the grounds was magnificent as well!
- No All-Inclusive Bracelets, No Reservation needed for The 4 À la Carte restaurants, and they open not just for dinner but for breakfast and lunch as well – and you can attend any of 4 Restaurants as many times as you like!!! The food was great. We never experienced a line or even waiting for the table to be seated. Our favorite restaurant was Seaside Grill – Great Steaks and Spectacular Sunset View. For Breakfast we loved Oceana. We used buffet mostly only for quick meals; however, the food there was very good and a lot of choices too.
- Plenty of all day activities that also were very unique for this Resort – Jungle track (hiking tours every morning to the water fall), Fishing Kayak tours, Laser Tag, Natural Cliff Climbing, and the most amazing – Turtle Release program that we were lucky to participate. My boys played beach volleyball all day long and could make friends there. Shows were Ok – but nothing special (comparing to other places) For outside tours – our older boys went to Canopy River Jungle Adventure – ATV and Zip lines – they loved it and said that zip lines were much better than in Extreme Park, Cancun (felt much more dangerous and real for them). We also took private snorkeling tour – snorkeling was not good but sea shore excursion was pleasant. My 13 yrs old were allowed to ride a water scooter by himself – and he has never been that happy!
We stayed in Dreams Tower. If it was only two of us I would definitely upgraded to Prefer Tower because it is more Romantic for couples. Dreams tower was mostly occupied by families with children; and the beach area next to that was more dedicated to families with kids that was extra convenient for us. Our Rooms were big enough, window - was patio sliding doors from the floor to the ceiling. We called our room – infinity room. Mattresses were new and extra comfortable; linen was luxury with duvet covers on the blankets. We could request our rooms to be cleaned at specific time that was very convenient too. They always restocked our room with 6 bottles of water and we could request more water if needed. One day we asked extra water for our trip and they brought us the whole pack! (You cannot get bottle water anywhere else, just in your room – so plan ahead for your trips). Elevators were fast and never get broken during our stay!
- The lack of family lounges. It was no space to gather in the night time with children, especially during rain. Our boys were old enough to stay late and we do have two hour difference in time with San Francisco. It was only one lounge with bar next to the lobby but kids were not allowed there after 9pm (7pm in our local time); we were asked to leave this lounge on our first evening that sounded very offended. I am sure that all couples without kids would love it; but we are on vacation too and need some space to have at least some family friendly night life! No dancing or family disco time in the resort either.
- In general Entrainment team was missing a spirit (in our boys opinion), not that exciting and involved as they experienced in some other places.
- Pools are really small and have to be re-built and upgraded (Well, it is an old property on the best location) Sea was so perfect during our stay that we never needed to use a pool; but if it was stormy …..? However one positive side of that – our kids finally start swimming in the sea instead of the pools (like in all other resorts we stayed where pools were lake size)
Overall we still give this resort 5 star rating for the everything else we mentioned above!!! And it is only place we really already planning to go back next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel