“Fabulous place to stay!”

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #12 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wyoming
“Fabulous place to stay!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went on a winter get-away here. We loved this place so much and will take another trip to a Dreams resort in the future. Their customer service was amazing! We had to change our flight/hotel times due to passport issues and they didn't even charge us. All staff were more than friendly and helpful. Our favorite was Veronica who gave us great tourist advice when we went to the boardwalk. Great restaurants to choose from, activities for kids and adults, love the night life entertainment (fire dancing, hypnotist, magician) and beautiful ocean view. We felt like we were at a private beach the whole time. I love the little cove that this resort has all on it's own--you can't see another hotel/resort in sight!

Room Tip: Use your resort credits to update your room! Best idea!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed for 1 week in June. Beautiful and private beach. A little old building but nicely decorated and clean. Staff were friendly and obviously care about guests. Pool were good size and they were separated so each one had a different feeling.
Originally we were sent to 3rd floor but it was partially ocean view. But I reserved ocean view when we pay online. So we went back and talked with staff and she sent us to 9th floor! It was a beautiful ocean view and we were so satisfied!
One thing we didn't satisfied was restaurants. All restaurants cook very salty. I could tell foods were fresh but they were often over cooked as well. Portion was good. I ordered to cook with no salt and they tasted better.But all restaurants have same kinds of food.
Overall it was a great hotel and we had really good time there!

3 Thank NYJ412
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled to the Dreams resort from June 8th to the 15th. Overall, we were amazed and happy with our stay!

Service: Very attentive staff, happy to great and serve you. They work very long hours and never disappoint! They're always giving their 100%.! Alfredo (Freddy) was awesome; in the mornings he's engaged in the pool activities and during the late evenings he came out to the clubs in downtown PV with us and the other resort friends we made! I don't know how he does it!

Rooms: We had booked a basic room, but had asked for a king size bed instead of two double beds. When we checked in, we were very pleased to hear we got the room and bed we wanted. That was a great start to our trip! The room is basic, but clean and spacious. All rooms have ocean views which is a bonus! Our mini fridge was stocked daily with beer, juice, coca-cola, bottled water. The cleaning ladies did a great job. The safe was easy to use. The bed was surprisingly very comfortable. The AC worked just fine. Honestly, you don't spend that much time in your room so I would not pay extra for a more luxurious room! The basic room had everything we needed!

Cleanliness: Immaculate. I even saw a man up in a palm tree trimming the branches and cutting down coconuts and dead leaves (safety precautions)!

Location: I loved the location. You are a $5 taxi ride away from downtown PV. But, you are also right in the jungle and mountains! You really have the best of both worlds, I find. The jungle was probably one of my favorite parts of this resort; you are always surrounded by lush plants, trees, even mango and banana trees, and beautiful flowers! Didn't see much wild life though.

Food/drinks: The food was very good! Even my picky boyfriend could always find something he enjoyed. If you're a steak and potato kind of person, I would recommend the Seaside Grill restaurant. Even the seafood there was delicious! Only downfall of this place are the wasps!!! They were pretty terrible, especially if you're right on the patio. The buffet had a good variety of food and was good, but was not as tasty as the restaurants, which is what we were expecting anyways... it's a buffet! Men, I know it is very hot in Mexico, but bring dress pants and dress shoes if you'd like to eat at the fancier restaurants, they will tell you to go change if you're wearing bermudas. We ended up ordering room service instead. The drinks were amazing! They had all the top notch brands which was very surprising (and no they are not filing the bottles up with lower quality liquor)! Benjamin makes a darn good mojito!!! ;)

Activities/nightlife: The resort is very organized. Every day we received the daily schedule which presented the kids club activities, the adult activities, the featured night show... It was very practical to receive these in our rooms, great idea! Like I said before, the staff is very engaged in everything they do, and made our stay so much better! We played tennis one day, the court is great! The have a laser tag court but we never used it. During the evenings around 8:30 pm, the featured show starts. They had a karaoke night, mexican fiesta, casino, fire show, carribean feast, stand up comedy and live music... they are worth going to especially the fire show! We also enjoyed the casino night but it was way too short! I think it lasts about 1 hour but easily could have played an extra hour! Too bad. After these shows, there is nothing much going on as for shows or fiestas. You can watch sports in the sport bar or sometimes they will have a big screen set out on the beach. For those of you who are interested in the night club scene, at about 11 pm every night a few staff members will take a group of people from the resort and escort them to the clubs in downtown PV. I would strongly recommend it if you're up for that sort of thing! It is $35 a person which includes your taxi ride to the club, your cover fee and all drinks for the night. I went one night to a foam party, haha! What a blast! I felt very safe, especially that the resort staff members were with us. So if you want to see the night life, you have to leave the resort i'd say. I would recommend going to the Malecon and the market/romantic zone. Very pretty!

Beach: Beautiful, clean, but you can't really go on a "walk on the beach", it's not very long. Water was surprisingly a clear blue! So beautiful!

Weather: We were a little bit skeptical about going to Mexico in June, as it is the beginning of their rain season. The week before we went had clouds and rain the entire time, but did we lucked out! We had sun and sun and sun every single day! It rained and thundered one evening around 10 pm. No big deal. Average temp. was 32 degrees celcius but with the crazy humidity it was about 42 degrees! Very hot.

All in all, this resort is really a "dream"! ;) We would strongly recommend it, and would go back in a heart beat! It was much nicer than a 5 star resort we had stayed at in the Nuevo Vallarta.If you can't enjoy your stay at this resort, your standards are extremely high. Also, this resort is very SAFE! If you don't go looking for trouble, you'll stay out of it. Keep in mind that even if this is an all-inclusive resort, you'll always manage to spend hundreds more once you arrive there whether it be on tipping, taxi rides, souvenirs, wine, excursions...or losing the tennis balls hehe ;)

Muchas gracias to the entire staff at the Dreams!

8 Thank Elise M
Denver, CO
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico during the summer of 2009. We stayed at Dreams PV Resort & Spa. It was such a wonderful vacation that we decided to return last week for our wedding. The resort is simply amazing. We can't give the staff enough praise. We are already planning our 3rd visit to celebrate our one year anniversary. I am going to divide this review into several sections:

Overall Review of the Resort:
Puerto Vallarta is located along the coast of the Bay of Banderas. The water is warm and the snorkeling off the beach of the resort is great. The resort is located a little bit south of town and off the beaten path of the hotel zone in PV, affording a little more privacy than other areas of Puerto Vallarta. The cliffs and rocks along the north and south sides of the beach give guests a lot of privacy. The foliage and plants that adorn the property are beautiful and varied. The resort offers a garden tour that is quite interesting and we would highly recommend if you have the time.

Restaurants:
You will not go hungry here. Dreams offers guests a variety of dining options at 5 restaurants. El Patio is a lovely restaurant offering delicious Mexican fare. Portofino is an Italian restaurant, located on the lower level of the resort and is for adult guests only. The Seaside Grill is open for both lunch and dinner. The Seaside Grill and The Oceana offer wonderful and delicious continental fare as well as fresh seafood dishes. World Cafe is open for every meal of the day and is a buffet style restaurant offering food from many parts of the world. There are several smaller cafes where one can grab a small bite to eat throughout the day. Every room is outfitted with a mini bar that is filled with water, sodas, fruit juices, and beer at all times. Dreams is an all-inclusive resort...all food and drinks are included.

The Rooms:
Dreams offers guests the option of staying in one of two towers. We have stayed in the Preferred Club Tower during both of our visits. The rooms have large balconies overlooking the beautiful ocean and the Relax Adult Pool. The beds are large and the bedding is luxurious. There are flat screen televisions. The rooms in the Preferred Club Tower have a nice sitting area and a small dining area for two, which comes in handy when you want to enjoy a lovely meal from room service.

The Spa:
We enjoyed a couples massage the morning of our wedding and I was treated to a manicure, makeup, and hair styling before the wedding. WOW!!! The staff was incredible and the spa was absolutely beautiful. Peaceful, clean, luxurious...

Our Wedding Day:
It was the BEST day of my life. Fatima and Lili went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was everything we could have imagined. If I could relive that day over and over again I would and I wouldn't change a thing. We had 28 guests with us and they all enjoyed themselves. If you are looking for a beautiful and romantic location for your special day...look no further.

Staff:
The staff at Dreams works incredibly hard every moment of every day to make sure that the needs of each guest are met in a prompt fashion and with a smile. If I could name the entire staff I would...they are all wonderful. The following are a few that come to mind:

Fatima - Our wedding coordinator. Where do I begin? We started our email correspondence 7 months prior to the wedding date and was impressed with the fact that she replied to each one of my emails so quickly. She explained everything to me thoroughly and never become flustered with my nagging questions. Dreams offers 3 wedding packages from the very basic and simple to the more elaborate and detailed. We were married on the beach at sunset and enjoyed a cocktail hour and dinner on the pool terrace. When I first met Fatima I gave her a big hug. It was so nice to put a face with a name. The day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch. She is a true professional and I would recommend her services to anyone.

Lili - Wedding Photographer - Lili worked so hard the day of our wedding. She met my husband and his friends to get some shots of them getting ready before meeting me and my girlfriends in my room where I was getting ready. She took pictures of me as I walked down to the beach area, the wedding ceremony, pictures of my husband and I on the beach at sunset, and of course dinner/reception pictures. She is an artist and her skill shows through in every one of her pictures. I still get choked up looking through the beautiful pictures of our wedding day. Thank you Lili.

Salvador - Concierge in the Preferred Club Tower - We were met each day with a friendly hello and smile from Salvador. He was readily available to arrange for transportation, booking excursions, managing our luggage, and countless other details. He is fantastic and we look forward to seeing him during our next stay.

Elizabeth - Housekeeping - Our room was immaculate every day. There wasn't a grain of sand on the floors, the bed was made in the morning and turned down at night with a chocolate on the pillow. The bathroom was immaculate and the towels were replenished every day. We truly appreciated her attention to detail and the effort she put into making us as comfortable as possible.

I can't say enough positive and wonderful things about Dreams and the staff. If you are looking for beautiful beaches, gorgeous sunsets, delicious food, lots of activities, lovely rooms, and the best staff in the business...look no further and book your next vacation to Dreams PV.

Room Tip: We enjoy the rooms in the Preferred Club Tower on the south side of the resort. We stayed in room 1...
Moscow, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my wife traveled to Puerto Vallarta the week of June 10th and stayed 7 nights in the preferred tower in a king suite. Overall we had a great time at Dreams and would definitely come back again!

Room - I can't speak for the rooms in the other tower, but prior to booking, I read through the reviews on Trip Advisor which prompted me to pay a little extra to stay in the preferred tower. Let me tell you, it was worth it. The rooms were clean and looked like they had been updated recently. The bathroom was great. It had a huge soaker tub and a nice hot shower. The bed was very comfortable. I slept better on the bed than I do at home and that is coming from someone who usually sleeps terrible at hotels.

Food - Food was AWESOME. Probably some of the best ive ever had. Even the buffet was great. I didn't have anything I didn't like. Some of the specifics I can remember was the tortilla soup at El Patio and the fresh pineapple in the buffet. Drinks were good too. If you ask for the better liquors, they will give them to you but you have to ask. The wine was really good. Its the same brand used at Secrets too. If you want to splurge for anything, get the dinner on the beach. It was GREAT!

Staff - Most of the staff I encountered were helpful and courteous. All of them speak pretty good english too. The ONLY complaint I could possibly come up with for Dreams was the entertainment staff. We were on our honeymoon and wanted to relax most of the time but the entertainment staff kept insisting on bothering us by the pool about activities. They even got to the point where they waited until I got up to go do something and they bothered my wife while I was away. Not my cup of tea.

Overall I would highly recommend Dreams!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the preferred tower are GREAT!
2 Thank becand75
Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at Dreams for 1 week. The resort is in a great location on a nice beach with beautiful sunsets! We have stayed at 8 different all inclusive resorts in Mexico. The service was excellent at this resort and we found the staff friendly and always with a smile. The servers at the beach for drinks were great and always around to see if you needed anything. Each day we were at the beach near the adult pool and spent our time there and at the adult pool. The pool is small with limited amount of seats (18 total) so you are lucky to get one in the early morning. We only were able to get one later in the afternoon ONE day. It seems people put there towels and magazines, etc... on the loungers but then you don't see anyone on them for long periods of time?? The other pools were small and needed updating, comparing them to other resorts we have stayed at. The pool in the shade was the worst, broken tiles, deck needed to be cleaned and pool ladder not too safe.
The restaurants were very good, we enjoyed the Portofino the best and ate dinner there 3 times...it is also the only one with air conditioning. The Oceana had a nice view for watching the sunset during dinner and the desserts were delicious! The buffet was average, we ate there for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. Oceana was a nice change for breakfast as well.
The service at the buffet and restaurants was excellent! You never had to wait too long for anything and the staff was friendly. We were happy to tip each day at the restaurants, buffet and beach as the staff so deserved it!! The Coco Cafe was great in the morning for a Latte and warm apple turnover...I missed that when I was back home! =)
The rooms were clean and fresh...with a mini bar stocked each day...we always left a tip for the maid and one in the mini bar as well. They came by in the evening with fresh towels if you needed them and turn down service as well. A lovely fruit plate and bottle of Champagne were in our room the second day for our Anniversary...nice touch!!
We used the Gym there as well for a quick morning work out, enjoyed the Yoga on the beach and a fun morning fishing from the sea kayaks. Caught one small fish but had a Fun morning. We did a day trip to Las Caletas which was wonderful and we would recommend to anyone going to Puerto Vallarta.
The shows were entertaining in the evening...especially the fire show! The one lounge area was fine but no entertainment in the evening?? one night, the last night there they had a singer playing a guitar. It would be nice to have some entertainment in the lounge each night...that is what we have seen at other resorts. The hockey game on the big screen on the beach was great! We enjoyed lounging with a drink watching the game!
Overall the resorts was a wonderful vacation...just needs to update pools in my opinion and provide more lounge entertainment at night. The entire staff was 5 ***** .

Room Tip: Stayed in the regular rooms...higher floor for more of a view.7th floor.
3 Thank TLTravel
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My new wife and I spent our seven day honeymoon here and were blown away by the amenities and kind staff. Dreams PV has gone very far to provide the utmost luxury in practically every inch of their very well thought out and perfectly located property.

Located just five minutes outside of the city, Dreams is tucked perfectly away just enough to be out of the Hustle bustle of old Vallarta, but close enough for a quick five dollar taxi ride to shopping and restaurants in town. The resort's beach is technically a public beach, but starts and stops between two rocky cliffs, which gives it the feel of a private beach. you will see a few of the locals selling items, but they are few and not rude or obtrusive like many can be inside town. simply say "no gracias" and they will leave you alone and move on.

The room we stayed in was in the older building and was a very nice standard room with everything you would expect in an average hotel room, nothing special really, but very clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was large and very comfortable. Our room did not have a balcony, like some do, but there was really no reason to have one as all the rooms have large sliding glass doors that open to your ocean view. We loved sleeping with the door open, listening to the waves as we fell asleep. All rooms come with a large closet with a programmable safe inside. We were asked if we wanted upgrade to the "preferred" tower for almost an extra $1,000, but declined as our room was more than suitable and comfortable.

The food at the resort was excellent, we loved all of the options of the different restaurants. Each meal tasted of chef quality and was beautifully presented. Breakfast at the World cafe next to the ocean each morning was absolutely splendid with anything you could dream of available, including mimosas. The steak, shrimp and calamari I had at Oceana was among the best I've tasted and the mexican dishes at El Patio were authentic, unique and very tasty. They do have a dress code for the finer restaurants, so remember to pack a polo shirt and some khakis for those.

The staff at Dreams is extraordinary. Each person you encounter will greet you with a genuine smile and greeting and will go out of their way to accommodate you. From the front desk to hostesses that seat you at the restaurants, you will receive top notch service rarely experienced at any establishment in the United States. The entertainment staff gets a nod for their outgoing personalities during all the extra poolside games and giveaways that occur daily at the main pool, as well as all the night time festivities. I would like to give a personal shot out to Ezekiel(EZ), for going out of his way more than once to make my wife and I feel welcome and comfortable, his commitment to service and professionalism deserves recognition.

This resort does an excellent job at creating a feeling of luxury, almost any amenity you think of is available including a fully stocked mini bar in your room, a coffe shop with top notch pastries, a gym, extra large beach towels and shaded loungers aplenty, kayaks, boogie boards, and so much more. The landscaping is beautiful and well manicured. Three pool areas with provide different vibes for any type of person. The property is secure and safe with a guarded gate. I could go on and on, but the point is that my wife and I were not for want of anything for our honeymoon and would be hard pressed to stay anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta on our next vist.

If you have any questions feel free to send a message.

Room Tip: Old tower is great, upgrade not necessary.
6 Thank Ryan F