“Honeymoon!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Moscow, Pennsylvania
“Honeymoon!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my wife traveled to Puerto Vallarta the week of June 10th and stayed 7 nights in the preferred tower in a king suite. Overall we had a great time at Dreams and would definitely come back again!

Room - I can't speak for the rooms in the other tower, but prior to booking, I read through the reviews on Trip Advisor which prompted me to pay a little extra to stay in the preferred tower. Let me tell you, it was worth it. The rooms were clean and looked like they had been updated recently. The bathroom was great. It had a huge soaker tub and a nice hot shower. The bed was very comfortable. I slept better on the bed than I do at home and that is coming from someone who usually sleeps terrible at hotels.

Food - Food was AWESOME. Probably some of the best ive ever had. Even the buffet was great. I didn't have anything I didn't like. Some of the specifics I can remember was the tortilla soup at El Patio and the fresh pineapple in the buffet. Drinks were good too. If you ask for the better liquors, they will give them to you but you have to ask. The wine was really good. Its the same brand used at Secrets too. If you want to splurge for anything, get the dinner on the beach. It was GREAT!

Staff - Most of the staff I encountered were helpful and courteous. All of them speak pretty good english too. The ONLY complaint I could possibly come up with for Dreams was the entertainment staff. We were on our honeymoon and wanted to relax most of the time but the entertainment staff kept insisting on bothering us by the pool about activities. They even got to the point where they waited until I got up to go do something and they bothered my wife while I was away. Not my cup of tea.

Overall I would highly recommend Dreams!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the preferred tower are GREAT!
2 Thank becand75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at Dreams for 1 week. The resort is in a great location on a nice beach with beautiful sunsets! We have stayed at 8 different all inclusive resorts in Mexico. The service was excellent at this resort and we found the staff friendly and always with a smile. The servers at the beach for drinks were great and always around to see if you needed anything. Each day we were at the beach near the adult pool and spent our time there and at the adult pool. The pool is small with limited amount of seats (18 total) so you are lucky to get one in the early morning. We only were able to get one later in the afternoon ONE day. It seems people put there towels and magazines, etc... on the loungers but then you don't see anyone on them for long periods of time?? The other pools were small and needed updating, comparing them to other resorts we have stayed at. The pool in the shade was the worst, broken tiles, deck needed to be cleaned and pool ladder not too safe.
The restaurants were very good, we enjoyed the Portofino the best and ate dinner there 3 times...it is also the only one with air conditioning. The Oceana had a nice view for watching the sunset during dinner and the desserts were delicious! The buffet was average, we ate there for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. Oceana was a nice change for breakfast as well.
The service at the buffet and restaurants was excellent! You never had to wait too long for anything and the staff was friendly. We were happy to tip each day at the restaurants, buffet and beach as the staff so deserved it!! The Coco Cafe was great in the morning for a Latte and warm apple turnover...I missed that when I was back home! =)
The rooms were clean and fresh...with a mini bar stocked each day...we always left a tip for the maid and one in the mini bar as well. They came by in the evening with fresh towels if you needed them and turn down service as well. A lovely fruit plate and bottle of Champagne were in our room the second day for our Anniversary...nice touch!!
We used the Gym there as well for a quick morning work out, enjoyed the Yoga on the beach and a fun morning fishing from the sea kayaks. Caught one small fish but had a Fun morning. We did a day trip to Las Caletas which was wonderful and we would recommend to anyone going to Puerto Vallarta.
The shows were entertaining in the evening...especially the fire show! The one lounge area was fine but no entertainment in the evening?? one night, the last night there they had a singer playing a guitar. It would be nice to have some entertainment in the lounge each night...that is what we have seen at other resorts. The hockey game on the big screen on the beach was great! We enjoyed lounging with a drink watching the game!
Overall the resorts was a wonderful vacation...just needs to update pools in my opinion and provide more lounge entertainment at night. The entire staff was 5 ***** .

Room Tip: Stayed in the regular rooms...higher floor for more of a view.7th floor.
3 Thank TLTravel
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My new wife and I spent our seven day honeymoon here and were blown away by the amenities and kind staff. Dreams PV has gone very far to provide the utmost luxury in practically every inch of their very well thought out and perfectly located property.

Located just five minutes outside of the city, Dreams is tucked perfectly away just enough to be out of the Hustle bustle of old Vallarta, but close enough for a quick five dollar taxi ride to shopping and restaurants in town. The resort's beach is technically a public beach, but starts and stops between two rocky cliffs, which gives it the feel of a private beach. you will see a few of the locals selling items, but they are few and not rude or obtrusive like many can be inside town. simply say "no gracias" and they will leave you alone and move on.

The room we stayed in was in the older building and was a very nice standard room with everything you would expect in an average hotel room, nothing special really, but very clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was large and very comfortable. Our room did not have a balcony, like some do, but there was really no reason to have one as all the rooms have large sliding glass doors that open to your ocean view. We loved sleeping with the door open, listening to the waves as we fell asleep. All rooms come with a large closet with a programmable safe inside. We were asked if we wanted upgrade to the "preferred" tower for almost an extra $1,000, but declined as our room was more than suitable and comfortable.

The food at the resort was excellent, we loved all of the options of the different restaurants. Each meal tasted of chef quality and was beautifully presented. Breakfast at the World cafe next to the ocean each morning was absolutely splendid with anything you could dream of available, including mimosas. The steak, shrimp and calamari I had at Oceana was among the best I've tasted and the mexican dishes at El Patio were authentic, unique and very tasty. They do have a dress code for the finer restaurants, so remember to pack a polo shirt and some khakis for those.

The staff at Dreams is extraordinary. Each person you encounter will greet you with a genuine smile and greeting and will go out of their way to accommodate you. From the front desk to hostesses that seat you at the restaurants, you will receive top notch service rarely experienced at any establishment in the United States. The entertainment staff gets a nod for their outgoing personalities during all the extra poolside games and giveaways that occur daily at the main pool, as well as all the night time festivities. I would like to give a personal shot out to Ezekiel(EZ), for going out of his way more than once to make my wife and I feel welcome and comfortable, his commitment to service and professionalism deserves recognition.

This resort does an excellent job at creating a feeling of luxury, almost any amenity you think of is available including a fully stocked mini bar in your room, a coffe shop with top notch pastries, a gym, extra large beach towels and shaded loungers aplenty, kayaks, boogie boards, and so much more. The landscaping is beautiful and well manicured. Three pool areas with provide different vibes for any type of person. The property is secure and safe with a guarded gate. I could go on and on, but the point is that my wife and I were not for want of anything for our honeymoon and would be hard pressed to stay anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta on our next vist.

If you have any questions feel free to send a message.

Room Tip: Old tower is great, upgrade not necessary.
6 Thank Ryan F
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2013

From the first minute you enter Dreams, your dream vacation unfolds. The ocean greets you as you are handed a glass of champagne. You go up to your room following the wooden path to see
your room and the spectacular vista that surrounds your patio. The food was excellent, fish, fruit
meat and of course the drinks flow freely. Why leave the resort when you have theme nights that are first class. The best part of our trip was the staff but especially the crashing waves at night. We opened the sliding doors to hear the ocean...perhaps this was a dream

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vancouverDreaming
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and i usually travel to the East Coast as we like the white sand etc. On Spring Break we thought we would try Puerta vallarta. The hotel staff was nothing short of spectacular. I have never written a review on any site let alone trip advisor however what prompted me to was the fact that I lost my room key and some cash while out and about on the grounds of the hotel. I had to go to the concierge to get a hold of a new key, and upon arrival Salvador (the concierce) asked how my day was going I explained everything was well however I had lost my key as well as a few bucks, I joked about how he could get me a new key however I understand Im out the money. He smiled and replied well obviously youdo not know me that well and yes he could replace my $$. It turns out that a staff member had found both and returned them to the hotel. I could not believe the honesty of everyone involved. It no tonly made my day it restored my faith in humanity a little. I would reccommend this facility to anyone travelling in the region there is a reason they have been voted in the top 500 hotels in the world. thanka again to all teh staff especially Salvador.

Room Tip: All rooms have an Ocean view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank George L
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My girl-friend and I check in May.30 and left June.5 and from the get go it was awesome. We were tired from the 6 hour flight from Vancouver to L.A and L.A to Mexico but when we got there at the resort they took our luggage from our taxi then gave us champagne to ease our mood. I was really happy that the check-in process didn't take to long and that we were in our rooms within 5min. We were starving so we went to eat and they have a great selection of restaurants everything from finger food to fancy dancy. Heather who was at the front desk help us a lot throughout our trip and did everything to make us feel at home. Alfredo and Valentino were terrific when it came to the night life and entertainment. Thanks a lot guys, there's way to many names to mention but we had a blast!! =)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our vacation at the Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta. We visited from May 31 - June 4. The staff were all terrific. Everyone smiled and greeted you. They were all incredibly helpful. One of the things we really enjoyed was how peaceful the resort feels. The private beach is beautiful and so clean. (They have staff clean the beach and they even rake it over night). We stayed on property all five days and it was so restful. The food is absolutely amazing - you will love all of the restaurants. Even the room service food was over the top. One of my favourite parts of the day was getting a latte and pastry at the Coco Cafe and sitting by the beach. I did not miss Starbucks. Also, if you are a diabetic, you will find that the meal selection and portion sizes are perfect. This resort is family friendly and it is so nice to see families enjoying their time together. We booked our vacation with WestJet and we were very pleased with how well organized they were. If you want an all-inclusive vacation where you can just go and rest and not worry about anything, I highly recommend the Dreams Resort in PV. You will not be disappointed. We would definitely go back and plan to stay longer.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a beautiful area to sit with your own lounge chairs but it can be a bit more...
3 Thank JPH_21