Stayed at Dreams PV for 5 nights in late April and absolutely loved it. Dreams was the 6th all-inclusive that mu husband and I have stayed at and there were a few things that stood out:
1- The private beach. We are notably pool people, but spent every morning on the beach thanks to its beautiful views. The vendors who walk around pay to be on the beach so they were not annoying or intrusive. A simple "non, gracias" and they went on their way.
2 - The food. This was the first all-inclusive where I never ate at the buffet! The breakfast at Oceana was awesome (some of our favorite meals) and the morning view of the surf was perfect. For lunch we really enjoyed the Barefoot Grill (surprisingly good hamburgers!) and only found the World Cafe on the last day... wish we'd found it sooner as our lunch there was spectacular! Every night we spent at one of the a la carte restaurants and never had to wait for a table.
3 - The people. There must be something about Puerto Vallarta in general - every time we visit this area we come back with friends and Dreams was no exception. Everyone there - guests and staff alike - are very friendly and create a really laid back vibe. It really does help make the resort feel like home!
A few notes of caution:
1 - There are a TON of weddings at this resort. It became a running joke between my husband and I when we asked people what brought them to the resort. Nearly everyone said "a wedding". Luckily we found a group of non-wedding go'ers to bond with or it could have seemed a little click-ish with all the large wedding groups.
2- Our first room was over the small pool, which is where they host wedding receptions. After one night of listening to the ongoing music, we ended up requesting a room change. It was just too much and with a 1 year old at home, I come on vacation to SLEEP, too! The staff couldn't have been more accommodating moving us to a new room. The front desk staff did such an excellent job; many thanks for their help.
Overall, this is a fantastic resort and we would definitely go back, if the price was right. There was an excellent balance of activity and relaxation, beach and pool, food and drink (oooo, the drinks....). I always love a vacation that exceeds expectations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel