My husband and I wanted something really special for our 10th anniversary. After endless hours of searching online and reading reviews, we threw our chips into Dreams Puerto Vallarta. It was a dream and a deal!
We stayed in the Preferred Tower, which I think really made it the special experience we wanted. We were so well cared for, in spotless, comfortable, well-decorated, romantic room. All their rooms have ocean views, in the preferred tower they all have spacious balconies. Perfect for enjoying complimentary room service breakfast, or the dazzling lightning show over the ocean at night.
We went in August, and so were worried about the heat. We'd purposely go back in August again. It was less busy than during the winter months, the weather was perfect for us (the tropical sounds of thunder and rain through the night, light rains in morning and evening; hot, clear and sunny during the day. Enough to get tan and toasty, but not oppressive and the rains were a nice cool-off.)
There is a daily activity schedule provided to your room each day. They brought in some great talent for the nightly entertainment. DON'T MISS the "jungle hike" that they offer in the morning. It was the highlight of our stay. Directly from the property, the staff guide you up the creek that splits the beach, for about a 20 minute hike to a waterfall. The fun part is, most of the hike is done in knee deep water, with diversions onto the bank through the greenery part of the way. Definitely wear your swimsuit.You will strip down as you near the falls and swim in a deep pool to get the close-up view of the falls. So very fun! - and free!
We were pleasantly surprised to be there while the turtles laid eggs on the beach. We watched the 40 minute process as a mother crawled out of the water, dug a hole, laid the eggs and disappeared back into the sea.
Another nice suprise: professional photographer on site. We booked the day before and had a lovely 10th anniversary photo shoot. Very fairly priced.
The restaurants were all unique in the menu and ambiance. The food was outstanding! We really felt spoiled as the plate presentation was beautiful and menu choices delectable.
The pools were perfect temperature and clean, though we mainly made use of the adult only infinity pool in front of the preferred tower. However, even that we didn't get into all the often because the ocean was so perfect and fun. Gently rolling waves out deep, crashing surf to jump in, lots of soft sand underfoot. We spent hours on end in it and were so glad we chose Puerta over Cabo for this reason - safe swimmable waters.
I could say more, but that'll do. We had zero complaints, and can't imagine going anywhere else. We were planning our next trip back before we even departed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel