Every time we vacation in an all exclusive we discuss whether or not we should upgrade or not. This was our 13th time and we decided not to. We had a beautiful room in Dreams tower and loved the location, room, 1625, with a balcony and great view of ocean, pools and entertainment on the beach. The third day we decided to take a look at the Preferred tower and although it had a bigger bathroom, the overall space seemed the same as ours, fancier bedcovers etc. but for $500.00 more, we didn't see the value in it for us. We loved the location of our tower, steps from Oceana, Marlin Bar and the beach where we parked ourselves everyday. The resort was running at full capacity the week after Easter and subsequently you had to get up at 7am to reserve a beach lounge or there were absolutely none left by 9am.
We absolutely loved the food everywhere and wonder at some of the reviews that were unhappy. There was always freshly cooked food at lunchtime and staff stood at their various cooking stations replenishing Mexican, stir frys, fish etc. constantly so it was always freshly made. We mostly had breakfast at Oceana and were really impressed with the service and a la carte menu. The view of course is wonderful and a perfect place to linger over another cup of coffee in the morning. Portofino is very impressive with an extensive menu with sensible portions so we could have 3 courses without overeating. We were happy with the seafood at all of the restaurants and this was our first trip where we had excellent filet of beef cooked to our liking. Seaside Grill was great for lunch and dinner and the location stunning.
I must add that one of us has a gluten allergy and the staff were aware of this and guided us through menus and buffets. They were always professional and extremely helpful.
This was our third Dreams experience and hopefully it won't be the last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel