This hotel is right on the beach and every room has a beach view. We were in the old tower on the 20th floor (actually 10th) and the view was fantastic. Slept with the balcony doors open and fell asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing to shore--gotta love it! Hotel is a little older but fairly well kept. Our room was a good size, clean and well equipped with stocked fridge, coffee maker, blowdryer, etc. There were no bathrobes in the room when we checked in but asked and they were there the next day. Service was very good everywhere at the resort. We like to spend most of our time at the beach but every now and then like to try the pools--here they are small, cold and busy. It was difficult to get a lounger at any of the pools except the one right outside the old tower. There are four a la cart restaurants which were all quite good with the Oceana being our least favourite.The buffet was decent and then there are the cafe and beach grill for limited choices.
A major complaint is that there is no free internet service if you stay in the old tower not even in the lobby--what the heck is that this day and age?? If you want internet you can go buy minutes in the store and use them in the cafe at one of their two computers or you can purchase internet for your room for an exorbitant amount at the front desk. Our friends did the presentation and got a room upgrade to the preferred tower and that room included internet--like come on!
If you have never been to Puerto Vallarta be careful at the beach the waves are always a little rough but can get really crazy at times. There were three wave related accidents while we were there--one leg injury and two face injuries involving many stitches and one broken nose.
Overall, this is one of the best resorts we have stayed at and definitely the best location we've ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel