This was our second visit to Dreams PV. We chose to stay two weeks this time as we felt cheated last time after having left after just one week.
The staff again surpassed all expectations. We were checked into our room within 8 minutes of getting off the bus. We were greeted with champagne and a cold cloth. We had booked this trip to celebrate our 10'th anniversary. When we got to our room we were surprised, they had a big happy anniversary banner hanging on our door.
We were in a balcony room in the old tower. It was fantastic and I would book the same again in a heartbeat. The rooms are finished in very nice tile, the bed, bedding, and towels were all very high quality, there was a safe in the room, and a flat screen TV. Also there was a fridge loaded with water, beer, juice and softdrinks that was magically refiled each afternoon.
The maid service is excellent. One big plus is the turn down service they do while you are out for supper. Come back after an excellent meal and your towels have been changed, the garbage is taken out, and the bed is turned down, with one lamp left on so you can see. We also once forgot to lock our safe when out of the room, again to our surprise they locked it, and left a note to take to security to open it for us.
The food here is OUTSTANDING! El Patio was our favourite, and their cucumber margarita was my favourite drink. All the restaurants were excellent, and one waiter (Juan) who we saw for breakfast most mornings was particularly good at taking care of us. For those that have worries about gringo stomachs and Mexican food, you can relax. Two weeks here, we travelled all over, ate 75% of our meals at the resort, and had zero food/stomach issues. The food here is the best we've encountered at any resort, and much, much better than any standard North American family restaurant. Everything was extremely fresh and delicious. The bars were great, and it is nice having many different types of Tequilas to try with your margaritas.
The beach was great but there were some days with extreme surf that we didn't experience on our last visit. Perhaps the full moon? Regardless we swam safely for 12 out of 14 days, and were impressed with the lifeguards who were on the beach. Also the washrooms near the beach were the cleanest/nicest we've seen at any resort area. (Hawaii, Mexico, Dominican, Cuba, or Eastern Caribbean.)
Negatives, there were a few minor ones worth mentioning. The WIFI issue has been mentioned many times before but I will bring it up again. It is $70/week. I bought a 3G sim card for my iPad at the local TELCEL shop in town with 1 gig of data for under $28. $140 versus $28 for two weeks of internet is a huge discrepancy.
The entertainment. The Fire-show was spectacular. The other shows not as much. The biggest thing we found missing was good live music. There was no mariachi being played live on Mexican nights, only per-recorded music with live dancing.
The only other minor complaint was the jungle walk. We wore Teva's even though shoes were recommended. You get wet on this walk. The hike and guides were fantastic, but I wished they had recommended to people to hike in swimming gear or made them aware you may be up to your knees in water. The jungle walk is highly recommended, I just would wear hiking sandals that can get wet, and board shorts, or clothes that you don't mind getting potentially soaked. There is a waterfall at the end of the hike which you can only see by swimming a short distance.
In our two weeks, cheap onsite WIFI, and no mariachi/live music were our only negatives. The staff, food, rooms, and nature were all perfect. We will come back again. My only worry is that they are so good at what they do that they may be able to justifiably raise the prices beyond what we can afford. I hope this resort stays affordable, as it is a wonderful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Agoda, Jetsetter and Reservation Counter so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel