Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$307
$184
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$417
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$400
$286
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$90
$181
$159
Cancelon
8,513 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerolder towerdreams resortworld cafeblaze restaurantjungle treksunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releaseentertainment teamall inclusive resortasian restaurant
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I will update with a more detailed review shortly- want to get my fiance's input as well.

Quickly, we went to Dreams for our 10 year anniversary. We loved absolutely every single minute of it. For our anniversary, we booked a dinner on the beach. Amir proposed to me at our dinner, with the help of the resort, and together it became a heart-stopping moment in time, and an evening I will never forget.

I will post pictures and a detailed review of our room, the resort, outside excurisions, service, food, etc.

But to sum up, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing. CANNOT wait to go back in 2 years for our wedding!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We just got back from Dreams Puerto Vallarta where we were celebrating our wedding with 50 of our family and friends. I think it's safe to say that we all had a fabulous time!

My husband and I have been to Dreams PV in the past and LOVE this property! Everything from the beach to the food and the service has been great! And this time was no different.
It's a beautiful property, a little smaller than your usual chain all-inclusive resort with a boutique feel to it. The quiet sandy beach is kind of private with the mountains serving as walls on both sides. Some of our guests didn't go in the ocean because of the waves, but quite a few of us actually enjoyed that part of the beach experience. The food at the restaurants is much better (taste and presentation-wise) than any other resort we've been to. And the coffee shop is a very nice touch (the brownies are to die for)!

The only thing that could have been better during our stay is group dining experience at the restaurants. We would typically come in groups of 8-10 and it took quite awhile for everyone to get their food.

All the staff at the resort was great, but I especially have to thank our wonderful wedding coordinator Fatima who made planning a wedding from afar a breeze! She was very quick to reply to my emails (usually within hours), was very detail oriented, and was able to provide me with the all the info I requested. I was a little nervous that they wouldn't be able to carry out my vision, but everything was done just as we discussed! When the wedding day came, I was impressed with all the beautiful decorations and set up! The ballroom where we had our reception looked like a fairytale! We couldn't have pictured a more perfect wedding! =0)

Looking forward to more vacations at Dreams Puerto Vallarta!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are quite nice, so unless you're really used to luxury, don't splurge for the preferred tower
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HappyBride010413

Hi,

We stayed in the preferred tower for two weeks over the Christmas break. Overall, we really like the resort. There were fewer crowds around the pool than we've seen at most resorts, and the we never had any waiting to get a seat in any restaurant we chose. The food was good, slightly better than the typical items we've had before.

WiFi was available in our room, although it would frequently cut out. The signal was stronger by the pools!

Our kids really liked the Explorer's Club for kids, and would stay there for much of the day. They made several friends, and we got to know their friends as well.
The fitness center fine, although they play the same recorded music concerts on the TV every day. It gets monotonous after a week.

If you like to run or walk, you can not run on the roads outside the resort safely. I tried twice and was nearly hit by taxis and tour buses both days. It's just too dangerous. You're stuck on the treadmill. I even tried running back and forth on the beach without shoes one day. My calves paid for that!

The beach was nice, and the waves were a little harsh only on a couple of days.

One of the pools was heated so our kids enjoyed swimming in there. The other pool in unheated and cold. That's the quiet pool to hang out at, as there are lots of empty chairs.

My only concern was with the bed bugs we were forced to endure. Every morning, my wife and I would wake up with bites on our bodies. Sometimes, we would be awakened when we got bitten, and would move to the coach to sleep. By the end of the vacation, we had over 25 large swollen bites on us. It was very uncomfortable. We bought some medication to deal with the bites. We did talk to the front desk person at our preferred tower twice about the bed bugs, and nothing was done. We also told them our tub would flood the entire bathroom when someone took a bath. Twice they said they would send someone up to look at it and twice no one came. We were unable to use the tub for most of the trip.

Most of the staff were quite nice, and I gave them tips to show my appreciation. However, I was disappointed by the lack of service in regards to our two room requests. Although it was a nice resort, I would not return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank jo h
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Four of us (two couples) stayed this resort on January 2013. This was our first time in PVR, and we were very excited after reading all of the wonderful reviews about the place prior to going, which got us even more excited. I have got to say, we all got blown away by our experience here at the resort!

Beach: the resort beach is nice, quiet, clean, and secluded. Lots of activities for everybody from just laying in the sun, enjoying a cold drink, kayaking, beach volleyball, parasailing, jet skiing, etc. the views during the sunset are just beautiful, and allow for great pictures.

Food/Restaurants: one of the highlights of our trip - the food in the buffet, a la carte, and even room service were all amazing! There was a wide selection of food (steaks, seafood, burgers, Mexican food, etc.), and they certainly did not disappoint.

Pools/Hot tubs: there were 3 pools and 3 outdoor hot tubs in the resort. The main pool is somewhat heated and not too cold and there is also a swimup bar. The second pool and hot tub is in a more secluded area (and sometimes there is a private event like a wedding happening in thus area. The third pool and hot tub has a bar nearby and has a great view of the beach and ocean ( the water in the pool was very cold though).

Spa: if you can, try to book for a massage outdoors during the day - it is very nice and relaxing, and it is in a balcony overlooking the resort beach and ocean. There is also a hot tub in the balcony, and other spa amenities include a pressure shower and a sauna room. The prices for the spa services were a little on the high side, however, there are often coupons that are distributed which brings down the prices to a fairer price point.

Room service/quality: no complaints here. Our room was always kept very clean and our mini bar fridge was always stocked up with beverages.

Service: everybody was friendly, polite and willing to help. Definitely made us feel super comfortable and at home!

All in all, with how great our experience was, we find that it'll be hard to top it off.. But we're certainly looking forward to returning here and trying the other dreams resorts in the future!

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views of the ocean and the resort.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank souljay
Reviewed January 13, 2013

An elegant hotel since the days of Liz Taylor and Richard Burton. Great food. Elegant rooms (if you pay the surcharge). And the best beach in PV. The main buffet has an excellent assortment of foods both Mexican and otherwise (I loved the sushi) and the subsidiary restaurants are all first rate. Only problem with this resort - it's a twenty dollar cab ride to town. Then again, why go to town at all?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family