Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
$195
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$286
$238
$196
Bookit.com
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
8,415 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerolder towerworld cafedreams resortblaze restaurantjungle treksunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releaseall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Overall experience was excellent, having stayed from December 1 to the 8th. 20 minutes from airport,we arrived and were immediately checked in. First impression of lobby entrance...needs some updating...the greeting smiles were great. We upgraded to the club"..and thus were assured of an ocean facing room, and had a jaccuzi on the balcony. Elena, a charming coenciere (sp?) checked us in and advised of us of the property. The 10th floor view was wonderul. The room was very large, modern, and even had a flat screen tv. The mattress in the king size bed matched any Marriott equivalent. There was even a dehumidifier. The bathroom was exceptional large, included a jacuzzi tub, separate shower with multi faucets. One could lie in bed and see the crashing waves of the ocean. This is a smaller resort, so the walk to the beach (or anywhere on the property) is very convenient. the lobby of our building had the coneciere...a couple of free computers, a waiter bartender to assist you with a drink, or small sandwiches...fruits etc. 3 pools, nice, nothing exceptional...if the resort was full, there might have been an overcrowding issue, but it wasn't. both hot tubs were nice. Beach area was secluded and beautiful. Because we had rough seas for several days, the ocean was kind of off limits. The buffett area was a bit above average. Good food, some items that seemed a little special, others, just fine. The alacarte restaurants were quite good. (we did not go to the Mexican restaurant). The Italian, oceanside, and seaside restaurants offered wonderful food and beautiful presentation. The portions are those found in nice restaurants anywhere in the US...small, but more than enough. (you could always order another dish if hungry). at times service was a little slower than I would have preferred...but thats me.

Like any place, one often has an issue or problem...we had a few that were immediately addressed by the coincerare (darn that word!)...Felix, one of the upper management, was gracious. Arturo, Salazar, and Sergio, the waiter/bartender in our building were exceptional.
Added bonus was the opportunity to meet and talk with a large number of Canadians. We did not leave the property, but, many who took excursions up in the mountains enjoyed them, and all recommended those who do go up there, be sure to take insect repellent.

Finally, this resort is on the quiet side, with a feeling of Mexico without the hubbub crowds, noise of many larger properties. Younger people (in 20's - 30's) should look elsewhere. thank goodness. :-)

Room Tip: pay a few more dollars for the club section....worth the extra pampering.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BobgsearchChicago
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I spent a split week between Dreams and the new Secrets property the first week in December. This was our first Dreams visit, as we usually choose the adult only options. We were traveling with another couple, two of us out of group are agents specializing in Mexico and the Caribbean. We have visited may resorts within the AM Resort chain, and can't believe how pleasantly surprised I was with our visit!

When we arrived we were greeted by the concierge, Beatriz(Bethy) as I knew her from Facebook. She immediately called us by name with a glass of champagne and cool towel. This didn't stop after check in either, she made sure everyday we were being well taken care of. We were escorted to the Preferred Club lounge for check-in. We were told that our room was not longer available, but we would be upgraded during our stay in one of their penthouse dream suites! In all of my travels, this was the first time we had received a free upgrade. It was extra special since we were celebrating my husbands birthday.
Both the Preferred Club junior suite and our Dream suite were very well appointed. I would rate them better than all the rooms we have stayed in within this resort chain. The beds were heavenly, views spectacular. The balconies were very large and the living areas in both offered nice couches and chairs for guests to visit the room.
The preferred club at this resort is worth the upgrade in my opinion strictly for the rooms. The club lounge doesn't offer a bar or other special amenities as it does at other resorts like they do at Secrets. They do have a server on duty who ran to the outside bar for us when we checked in, and also offers small snacks and a few bottles for a drink. Check out was a bit slow in this area, as they only had one agent. The front desk offered to help to move the process along.

The beach at the property is one of the main selling points. We took a trip to Los Arcos on a fishing charter and found it to be the largest and most private along the coast compared to the other resort. Another great point is the lack of vendors on this beach as we experienced elsewhere. The water was extremely rough during our stay, mostly unswimable, which they did say is normal over the winter months due to the tempeture change, but can change day to day.

Now to the food- this is what impressed me the most at this property. With the exception of a mediocre dinner at Portofino, the food was top notch. One of our favorite meals was our evening in the Mexican restaurant. The service from Alexandro was fantastic- even brought us an extra plate of our favorite appetizer. The settings and views from the restaurants are beautiful and this time of year the open-air feature is a treat. The Oceana on the beach was great! The menus are extensive, and everything we tasted was delicious. I'm not a huge buffet fan, but the World Cafe was very good. It isn't huge, but does offer a nice selection. The evening theme dinners were also very good- the Asian was our favorite.
The pools here are small, and in the summer probably crawling with children. The larger swim-up bar pool was heated during our stay, which was nice, but very unfortunate it was crawling with bees. I was stung in the water one day. We had wished the Adult pool would have been heated too, but it was freezing. Drinks by the pool were alright, the bartenders weren't to adventurous.

The nightlife here is very quiet. We didn't mind it for our short stay, but wished the disco would have been a bit more lively. We did enjoy the large screen on the beach for Monday night football.
The Rendezvous bar is a nice place to relax for a drink in the evenings, but it is small so the smoke can be a bit annoying.
I think my biggest complaint with this resort would be the liquor selection. I really couldn't find a mixed drink that tasted as it should. We kept seeing bottles of our favorite La Pinta pomegranate tequila, which we drank at Secrets, but it wasn't available here. They were trying to charge $60 a bottle. They didn't have anything top shelf- even tried to charge me for a glass of Reisling at dinner. I guess I expected a bit extra since we were in the Preferred Club area. When I go back I will just have the mindset to stick to beer and champagne.

Overall we had a wonderful stay, even tried to extend it for another night instead of moving to Secrets but they didn't have our rooms available. Sometimes it's not all newness and amenities, just getting it right with what they offer- and this place gets it right!

I was most surprised with the size of the property. In pictures it looks like a hotel, but it does feel like a resort. It offers very nice walkways from side to side and restaurants are spread throughout the resort.

See you soon Dreams!

Room Tip: Top floor for better views. Preferred rooms are worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank cruisinkim
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went on a family vacation from Nov. 30 to Dec. 7. It is a nice hotel but not as nice as some of the Dreams we have stayed in previously. It is smaller and more rustic. The location is excellent and the beach is small but beautiful. My children really enjoyed the turtle release program and we had the opportunity to participate on 2 different evenings.

We stayed in the Preferred Club and are glad we did. It was a nicer building, closer to the beach and we could hear and see the ocean from our room. There were also little extras that we enjoyed such as snacks available all day and beach towels at the door. Rosario was an excellent housekeeper and our room was clean. We definitely noticed the change in service on her day off - when our room was not cleaned until 5:00 pm and only after notified the conceirge.

The restuarant service was good most days and was especially good in the restuarant El Patio. The World Cafe service was good as well. The buffet was small and selection was limited compared to most all inclusive restuarants. There were special offerings for kids at each meal as well.

The spa was disappointing. I paid for an 80 minute deep tissue massge and I can assure you - that was not what I received. Although it was relaxing, it definitley was not deep tissue and I doubt highly that the massuese was qualified or professionally trained. It was not worth the cost of $169.00 US.

The staff were pleasant but not overly friendly. It was a nice trip but I doubt we would return to this Dreams.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the preferred club, the little extras make a big difference.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank NStormW
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta November 27th - December 4th, 2012. This was our 10th straight year at this resort and for good reason.......Everything is great!!!

We were in the Preferred Jr. Suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony. The view and comfortableness is something we really enjoy. The food in the restaurants and buffet is consistently well prepared and served. The staff in all departments take a great deal of pride in this property and their guests. They are ready to go out of their way to perform any service for you. The entertainment was a bit different this year, as they bumped up the quality over what we thought was pretty good already. This beach is secluded and well groomed every morning. There are more than enough pallapas to go around and we never feel like we have to try and reserve one no matter what time of day we hit the beach. The management here has done a fantastic job of holding on to the great staff year after year. We feel so at home when staff recognize us with a big hug.
Whether this is your first trip to PV or your 20th, Dreams is consistently above expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PVtanner
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This really was a vacation of "Dreams". The location is ideal, with it's own private beach, and only 5 mins. to downtown. The facility is very nice and the staff were so wonderful!! The all inclusive food and drinks did not require wrist bands or reservations. We were treated very very well. Our next trip will be to Dreams PV as well!!

Room Tip: The noise from the ocean is a bit less on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends