My review comes a bit late, however, this is still a resort that I loved, so I want to share. We stayed at Dreams in May of 2012 (just before the rainy season). The weather was fabulous while we were there; it was raining the night we arrived and again the morning we left, but all the days in between the weather was fabulous! We spent a week in the Preferred club Tower in a Preferred Junior suite with a jacuzzi. We have stayed at several resorts including others in Mexico and this was by far the most beautiful room with the best view. Open your full wall of glass doors and you step out onto a balcony with a jacuzzi and the ocean right in front of you. With the doors open you can hear the ocean; because we were on an upper floor we had a spectacular view of the ocean and in fact the entire resort! The room was nicely furnished with a comfortable king bed, bathroom with a huge corner tub and walk in shower along with double sinks. Lots of storage space and a furnished balcony with a round jacuzzi that had plenty of hot water. We loved the preferred tower and enjoyed access to the lounge during the day and the self serve snacks, alcoholic beverages and coffee, tea and bottled water - Very handy!
Our check-in was late as our flight had been delayed, but we did get our welcome cocktail. The lobby is very basic and you will not see the grandeur of other 5 star resorts, but the charm of the resort more than makes up for it! The staff were very friendly and always helpful! This resort is compact; you can leave your room and be on the beach in a flash. The beach is fantastic and there are lots of loungers and shade if you so desire. In fact, at the preferred area of the beach and the adult pool, there is waiter service, so you don't have to leave your chair! I love margaritas and was delighted to discover the "mango margarita" yum!
The service at the bars was great and very friendly! Sparkling wine was very nice and always available any where, any time! We loved the food and the fact that all of the restaurants (except the Italian) were outdoors with an ocean view! We truly enjoyed every meal. The escargot was amazing and the house wine, both red, white and sparkling were great! There is truly nothing like sitting on an open-air veranda style restaurant balcony a stone's throw from the ocean having a quiet dinner by candlelight! What more can you ask for! And better yet, you don't need to wait in line to make reservations every morning. Just go to the restaurant of your choice and if they are unable to seat you immediately, they give you a pager that lights up and you can explore on the beach or sit at the beach bar, have a drink and relax till your table is ready. The longest we ever waited for a table was 5 minutes.
My favorite part of the day was my morning walks to Coco's Cafe for espresso and pastry. Again great service with a smile! Yoga on the beach was also offered each morning and pool aerobics a bit later in the day! We also took advantage of the free boogie board rental daily. If you love big waves, this is the place for you! Make sure you wear a secure bathing suit and DO NOT go into the water with expensive sunglasses; witnessed many swimmers lose glasses!
We are beach people, and if you are too you will love this beach; however, the pools are not huge. There is a small adult only pool with drink service, a large family pool with a swim up bar and a small pool up by the older tower. We accessed the adult only pool and the pool with the swim up bar, but spent most of our time on the beach!
The other nice thing about this resort is that it is very close to "downtown" Puerto Vallarta. For $10 CAN or less you can taxi into town to shop or sightsee; we took advantage of this several times.
If you are looking for a resort with late night entertainment you will be disappointed, however, you can find that in town I believe. We were so exhausted by 11:00 pm we were usually ready to head to our room. The entertainment that was offered was great and we thoroughly enjoyed it!
There are many other great things about this resort and I would return! Check out the Website for the hotel, it is pretty accurate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel