9,011 results
All reviews club tower seaside grill private beach preferred tower older tower dreams resort world cafe blaze restaurant sunset bar all inclusive resort main tower main pool rock climbing turtle release jungle tour asian restaurant fire show
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel: It was really well laid out, very clean and well kept. The new tower and the old tower are both kept in fantasic shape. The new tower has the BEST beds ever!! so comfy :) Rooms service and vip treatment in the tower are well worth the extra $$. The rooms are very spacious, and extra big bathrooms. The food at the buffet was excellent, as well the sea side grill were fantastic as well.
The wedding:
GET MARRIED HERE!!!! Fatima and her staff are on the ball. Every email I sent her, I had a reply within 24 hours at least. I was a very nervous bride and chnaged my mind alot, and Fatima was there for me every step of the way. They met every expectation I could have dreamed of. On the wedding day, everyone was there, and if you wanted something..it was done immediatly! I cannot say enough good things, no negative. If your going to do a destinatoin wedding, do it here, and don't worry before you go down, because once your there, you'll realize fFatima has everything under control and that there was nothing to worry about at all!
The Spa: It was nice in the spa, and the massages were good. The hair styling was good for my wedding hair as well. The front staff were a little stand off-ish, but the spa services made up for it.
Bobbie

1  Thank bride20121123
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been meaning to write a review of Dreams for a few months now but after seeing on Facebook the pictures the resort all decked out for Christmas really makes me want to go back.
The trip we took was in August in the "rainy" season. This was a girls trip, the three amigos and we were looking to recharge our batteries not party. The hotel is very intimate and tropical. Beautiful wood and stone work everywhere you go. The hotel is also very open but with covered walkways so being the rainy season you were protected. Otherwise holders for umbrellas were plentiful. The workers went above and beyond. The days were beautiful and 3 of the evenings lovely thunderstorms rumbling off the mountains.
We staying the in the "old" tower which suited us just fine. Dated a bit but very clean. No wifi in that tower. We went into town anyways went to Starbucks and got a water to get a code to get wifi (to down load books). If you ever have any problems questions or requests Bethany is the best. Bethany is the concierge and is such a warm wonderful person.
For excursions we did take the little boat from the beach for snorkling. The price for the three of us was what the cost was for one on the other trips. Picked us up right at the beach took us to a nice conservation area for a few hours and dropped us back. I loved it because it didn't take all day like the others also.
The hotel itself is situated in the mountain so you don't have another hotel right on top of you, feels secluded. All in all a great place and a great value. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JulieH575
Reviewed December 4, 2012

PROs - Hotel is well maintained and staff is friendly. We stayed on the 2nd floor in the old tower and we did not have a very good view of the beach, but we did have a nice view for people watching at the small pool by the old tower. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean - my two basic requirements for any hotel. Food was good to great, particularly for an all inclusive. The barefoot grill has excellent ceviche and chicken quesadillas (which I normally stay away from because I typically go a little more authentic, but they were truly fabulous). The turtle release was excellent! We did it every night we could. Town is about a $5 US cab ride from the hotel. I recommend going into town for any excursions, versus using the hotel or the vendors on the beach - it will cost half as much. We almost extended our stay because we enjoyed the experience at Dreams so much! We attended a wedding and everything was executed well.

CONs - The pool bar staff is overwhelmed and seemed constantly pissed off - even when tipped. Keg beer was extremely warm so if they don't have cold canned beer available, I'd order something else. Staff in general was extremely friendly and helpful, minus the pool bar, though I think that is because they are too busy to handle the volume - not really their fault. I did not appreciate the maid knocking on our door at 7am to see how many people were in our room - it was only my husband and myself and no one else had even been in our room at any point. The beach is beautiful to look at, but there were jellyfish and some sort of stinging sea flea at night. A few vendors are allowed on the private beach, but they are not overwhelming. The pools shut down pretty early so that is the only option for a night swim. Printing out a boarding pass to leave proved quite a hassle - it could be easily streamlined and should be.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the pool.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank TravelerNaomi
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. It's an incredible value. We stayed in the old tower and the rooms were perfectly nice. I didn't get to see a preferred tower room but I can't imagine it's worth the difference in price considering we spent most of our time at the beach or the pool. The service was excellent, and the quality of the food was far beyond my expectations for what an all inclusive would provide. The staff do a great job at providing activities all day for anyone who wants to join. The friday night fiesta is especially impressive. My only wish was that there was some sort of nearby nightlife or dancing opportunity. You have to take the short trip into PV to do that.

2  Thank curlyfry23
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Yep. The best. I think they must make it themselves or it is a local product. In the corner of the buffet, the nice lady would see me coming & chuckle. The food was excellent overall. Oh, yes, BTW we had a great holiday for the second time at Dreams PV & got home a couple of weeks ago.

Their spacious, quiet beach is great for swimming on the calmer days & even on the rougher ones this pair of 60 somethings made it past the surf. with much laughter & eating some sand. Lots of people in the water beside us.

The older tower is fine by us & we love the large rooms. The housekeepers & room service do a great job. As always, we tip & talk to the staff to thank them. I am sure that a US $1 bill means a lot to these hard working people.

Loved: No bracelet. No reservations in any of the restaurants. Name brand Scotch & gin for a sundown drink at the lobby bar. Mucho cappucinos & pastries at the coffee shop. Yoga on the beach & some body-surfing after. The staff in general.

Gripes: The management is out to lunch with the internet charges. Many people complaining bitterly about the ridiculous $18/day charge. Get into the 21st century guys. We just went into PV & found great cafes where we could people-watch & use the net for free! I don't think we will go back to the Dreams till they get wifi, at least around the lobby & pool for free or at a modest cost. I think it is a scheme to try & upgrade you into the new tower, where it is included.

Time share sales. The curse of PV. They have installed timeshare salespeople in the lobby since we were first there. One of them snagged us, pretending to be an in-house staff person as we arrived, tired, thirsty & a bit disoriented. When we figured it out, we were ticked off. This cheapens the Dreams experience for me. So watch out & tell them politely, but firmly to leave you alone as we had to.

Room tip: The higher floors are quieter.
8  Thank glassbrain