Yep. The best. I think they must make it themselves or it is a local product. In the corner of the buffet, the nice lady would see me coming & chuckle. The food was excellent overall. Oh, yes, BTW we had a great holiday for the second time at Dreams PV & got home a couple of weeks ago.
Their spacious, quiet beach is great for swimming on the calmer days & even on the rougher ones this pair of 60 somethings made it past the surf. with much laughter & eating some sand. Lots of people in the water beside us.
The older tower is fine by us & we love the large rooms. The housekeepers & room service do a great job. As always, we tip & talk to the staff to thank them. I am sure that a US $1 bill means a lot to these hard working people.
Loved: No bracelet. No reservations in any of the restaurants. Name brand Scotch & gin for a sundown drink at the lobby bar. Mucho cappucinos & pastries at the coffee shop. Yoga on the beach & some body-surfing after. The staff in general.
Gripes: The management is out to lunch with the internet charges. Many people complaining bitterly about the ridiculous $18/day charge. Get into the 21st century guys. We just went into PV & found great cafes where we could people-watch & use the net for free! I don't think we will go back to the Dreams till they get wifi, at least around the lobby & pool for free or at a modest cost. I think it is a scheme to try & upgrade you into the new tower, where it is included.
Time share sales. The curse of PV. They have installed timeshare salespeople in the lobby since we were first there. One of them snagged us, pretending to be an in-house staff person as we arrived, tired, thirsty & a bit disoriented. When we figured it out, we were ticked off. This cheapens the Dreams experience for me. So watch out & tell them politely, but firmly to leave you alone as we had to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel