My partner and I spent 6 days here and had a marvelous time. We were there in early October 2012. I had emailed Felix (manager of the front desk) a number of times before we arrived and he was kind and pretty responsive each time. Upon our arrival we were greeted with a cool drink and cool washcloths. We were handled beautifully at the front desk and were always greeted with a smile wherever we went. There were a few other gay couples there at the same time we noticed.
We got a package through American Airlines which included a room in the older tower. I had read many reviews of the property and was gun shy about staying there. Felix had offered us and upgrade to the new tower but it was not available until the second night of our stay. On night one we stayed in the old tower and really loved the room. It was remodeled and super clean and super spacious. The only issue was that it was on floor 3 (low) and there was a palm tree directly in the middle of our vision of the sea through the sliding doors. We looked at the room in the new tower the next day and were offered an incredible deal to move over there but we instead asked to stay in the older tower but to get a room higher up. Wow, did we. We got room 1911 and it was superb. What a view!
The food was very good-we are vegan so it was a bit of a challenge but we managed. There are a lot of choices for vegetarians.
The shows in the evening were really well done. Lively, professional and enjoyable.
The resort supplies kayaks and we took advantage of that-that was a real treat.
The turtle preservation program is quite phenomenal. The fact that they are breeding them and releasing them right there at the resort is really a unique opportunity. Don't miss that when you go. I know it is not all year though.
All in all, we were extremely comfortable as a gay couple and were more than pleased with all of the staff we interacted with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel