My husband and I traveled to Dreams PV for our one year anniversary the week of September 23rd. We were instantly greeted from the taxi with a hot towel and some sort of fruity beverage. We checked in and had no issues with the check in process. Since it was our anniversary, we did have a happy anniversary banner and a basket and champagne waiting when we arrived. We stayed in the old tower which was just ok. The rooms are slightly outdated compared to the new tower, but we didn’t spend that much time in the room anyway. During our stay they were doing renovations in the old tower and it was fairly noisy during the day hours. During the late afternoons, we would head up to the room to take a nap (this was mainly because the rainy weather). One day our nap was interrupted with the sound of loud drilling and hammering, so my husband called the front desk and complained. They apologized and said they would ask them to stop. Within 5 minutes someone from the hotel staff was at our door letting us know they had asked the construction to stop and wanted to see if we needed anything else.
The service at the hotel was excellent. Anytime we needed anything we had it! Room service was always prompt and very friendly. The beach drink service was a little slow, so most of the time we walked to the bar ourselves. The drink service at the infinity pool and swim up bar was average. Because we were traveling in low season some restaurants were closed on certain days which caused the open restaurants to be more filled. It really didn’t bother us at all since we ate dinner in the 9 o’clock hour and most people were already done by that point. Our favorite restaurant was the Oceana. You have a beautiful view of the beach and it’s a really romantic setting. The entire staff at Dreams PV definitely goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. Weather it was the maid, wait staff, front desk staff or the bartenders everyone was super friendly and accommodating.
The resort had many activities planned every day, but we didn’t participate in any because we just wanted to relax. However, we did participate in the turtle release and it was a fun and unforgettable experience. We took a city tour one day and it was nice to get away and experience the local culture. We went to the tequila factory and had a blast! I would definitely recommend the city tour since it’s only half a day and it’s one of the less expensive tours they offer.
The resort offers a free photo shoot on the beach, so since it was our anniversary we decided to book a session. The photographer (can’t remember her name) was so sweet and friendly and her work was brilliant. The photos are a bit pricy, but since she was so great we ended up ordering quite a few. We also spend a day at the spa. It was amazing and very relaxing.
Overall we had an amazing anniversary trip and would recommend Dreams PV to our friends. Below are some helpful tips.
1.Order room service for breakfast. It’s much better than the food at the World Café.
2.If you are not in the mood to party and be around a lot of people there is sort of a hidden pool that is close to the old tower that has less people.
3.The mojitos are the best drink on the resort.
4.If you want to avoid the party crowd and have more alone time on the beach go to the north end (close to the old tower). Not as many people lay out down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel