I just returned from a 5-night stay at Dreams PVR with two of my friends. The property was beautiful, the staff friendly, and overall it was a great stay. I will say that I think this hotel is geared more towards couples and families vs. single travelers.
We went for a girls week and got two junior suites in the preferred tower which is the way to go. You have a special check-in desk, special concierge, free wifi, two computers, and a special lounge with alcohol and snacks until 11pm. Sergio works the preferred lounge until 3pm and he was my favorite staff member :-) The rooms are huge and very modern with nice amenities. We stayed on the first floor, so our view was not as great as higher floors (it was still lovely), but we had a larger patio with lounge chairs vs. sitting chairs so it was a fair trade-off.
I'm a vegan, so I found eating to be a bit of a challenge because they put butter in almost everything, but the waiters at all restaurants were accommodating. I ate a LOT of pasta! The menus and buffets are VERY vegetarian friendly. If I still ate dairy/eggs I would have been in Heaven. Overall the quality and quantity of food at all of the restaurants was incredible. Oceana was our favorite followed by Seaside Grill. Both are situated with views of the ocean and you can catch some amazing sunsets. I never tried the room service, but they had a good menu available 24/7. Both of my meat eating friends enjoyed the cuisine.
The entertainment team was top-notch. We loved Carlos, Maricarmen, Ezequiel, Oscar and There were hosted activities all day long starting with morning yoga on the beach at 9am, jungle trekking at 10am, water aerobics at noon, and a variety of other activities throughout the day like blackjack, tequila tasting, water volleyball, rock climbing, dance lessons, arts and crafts classes, bingo, etc. There was plenty to keep you busy if you didn't feel like lounging. There are dinner shows a few times a week, and we had a blast watching the dancing show for Caribbean night and the Mariachis for Mexican night. We also got some laughs at Karaoke night.
There are two pools; the main pool has a swim-up bar and there is an adults only pool with a bar next to it. We spent most of the time at this bar because it was quiet and relaxing. The only problem with the pools is that the lounge chairs were taken early in the morning and used all day long, so you could never really lay out unless you went to the beach. For some that is not a problem, but I'm not particularly a fan of the sand.
The private beach was incredible. It was clean and only guests of the hotel inhabited it. There are a ton of chairs, and you can borrow kayaks and boogie boards from the hotel for free.
The alcohol is free-flowing, and they have regular brands like Bicardi, Hornitos, etc. The beer is Corona or Bud Light. The mini bar in your room has 4 Coronas, Ciel Mineral Water, Fanta, and a few other bottled sodas.
The spa was also very nice. I got an 80 minute deep-tissue and the green coffee detox scrub with Diane. The facilities are small but nice and the treatments were great. It was a little pricey, but I've found any resort/spa charges more. I also had a coupon for $40/off per treatment, so that was nice.
I would say that I wouldn't come back to Dreams for a girls trip, but I WOULD come back and highly recommend this is you have children or want a romantic getaway with a significant other. Also, a beautiful wedding destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel