“"Best Vacation Ever''” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Prince George, Canada
“"Best Vacation Ever''”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta and can honestly say it was the best vacation we've ever been on! Check in at the front desk was welcomed with a glass of champagne and very friendly and outstanding service which continued till the end of our two week stay.

Restaurants - The food at this resort is absolutely amazing from the restaurants to the buffet! The buffet is stocked plentiful with consistent fresh food through out the morning and into the evening. We ate at the Oceana, Mexican restaurant, Portofino (Italian) and Seaside Grill. We did not have to make a reservation for any of these restaurants and the longest we waited was for 20 minutes, so we sat on the beach and enjoyed a drink from a convenient beach bar nearby. Alejandro and Jose at the Seaside grill were excellent waiters and they had us laughing all night!

Rooms - We stayed in a standard room which was alot more nicer and comfortable than you can ever imagine. The beds in this resort are so comfortable, it's obvious they spent some money on them! We always had clean towels, amenities and the bar fridge was consistently replenished.

We spent many days poolside and also by the ocean which was easy accessible and very private and secluded to the hotel guests. Service from the waiters was great and they worked very hard to please everyone. Salazar was our favorite waiter, he was always friendly and served us with a smile.

Entertainment Team - This crew worked very hard everyday we were there and made sure everyone was enjoying themselves. There were so many activites from beach volleyball, water volleyball, rock climbing, boogie boarding, water aerobics, fun pool side games and the list goes on. Sergio, Leonardo, Tony, Eze, Carlos, Oscar & Mary all made our vacation so much more fun everday and really made you feel like you were at home!

The front desk staff, specifically Felix, Alejandro, Beatrice and Jose, go well above and beyond to ensure your stay at the resort is one you will never forget. We've never stayed at a resort where people are more trustworthy and caring as this bunch.

We needed to purchase another suitcase and Veronica in the internet cafe, went out of her way and offered to purchase one for us in her home town at a fraction of the price we would have paid. We really appreciated that!

Every night there are different themes from Carribean night, Mexican night, Karaokee, Fire show, etc. All of these are so worth attending and checking out. We had a blast at all of these and once again, the service was fantastic!

A trip downtown in a cab cost only $5 and takes about 5 minutes to get there. There is so much to see and shops to visit while you're there. People downtown and very friendly and there was never any pressure to buy anything.

Without a question of a doubt, this is by far the best resort we've ever been to. From the hotel, to the food, to the people, to the service, everythng is top notch and 5 star plus! We're already planning to come back next year.

Peter & Jenn

2 Thank n0rthern_bound

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

For parents with children this is a wonderful resort. Our sons are 4 and 6 years old. The explorer's club at the resort was absolutly wonderful. As other people have said, our kids didn't want to leave. We would talk each day about the acitivites at the club and they would choose what they wanted to do: treasure hunt, sand castles, pool party, arts & crafts, beach camp out. My husband and I always felt comfortable. We were given a pager and anytime the boys needed us, we were paged. This allowed us some down time together on the beach. We'd all come back together as a family and truely enjoyed our time together. Often the boys had dinner at the club allowing us to have dinners with just the two of us. We'd always finish the night together watching the movie of the night on the beach with the waves in the background. It was amazing!

The resort is lovely. We stayed in the preferred tower. It was nice to have the extra space in the room. We enjoyed the snacks in the preferred lounge. Although the evening bartender in the lounge was not the friendliest, everyone else in the resort went out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Very good food, El Patio the best.

We never encountered any timeshare people, guess we were lucky. The only down side the pools are small. But we spent most of our time on the beach. And yes, it can be difficult to get a seat due to the "towel game"

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank arolan
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We just got back from the Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallerta and I can't say enough good things about our experience. I don't usually write reviews but I felt I had to share my experience after this vacation. From the minute we got there, the service was phenomenal. They say "welcome home" and it really feels like you are cared for as soon as you get there. The room had a beautiful ocean view. Housekeeping staff is wonderful, entertainment staff are very concerned you are having a great time and the dining staff is so focused on impeccable service. The chocolate maritini's are to die for! Every restaurant had great food. The only negative thing to say about the food was sometimes it was a little too salty. They have a private beach for the resort only. It is only 5min from the markets. I am definitely going back there for vacations. It was literally a dream come true!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ssthoma1
Drepv, Quality Control at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Guest;
Greetings from sunny, warm Puerto Vallarta! It pleases me very much to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am grateful to you for sharing your comments with future guests. It also provides us the inspiration to achieve even more and to do our very best for each and every guest at Dreams Puerto Vallarta

Thank you for having chosen Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and I will look forward to host you soon, on a future visit.

It is a pleasure!
Esmeralda Alcala
Comox B.C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Dreams resort Puerto Vallarta Mexico. I can not say enough about the resort. From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are treated like you are valued and important. My husband and I stayed in the old tower and our room was amazing, it was clean and had the most beautiful view. The food was to die for, every morning we went to the Oceanside for breakfast and enjoyed fresh fruit smoothies and a huge breakfast. You could go and eat anywhere at the resort and not be disappointed in what you ordered, from the steak, to the prawns, to the soups, even the burgers. WOW! My husband and I participated in every activity the resort has to offer and had so much fun, the entertainment staff went above and beyond to make our stay special. Let me say there is not one thing i would complain about with this resort. We are planning our next vacation already. It was so easy to go downtown, although you would never have to leave the resort if you didn't want to. Thank you Dreams!!!!!Thank you Beatrice...we will be back. Oh I highly recomment the Martini's they are to die for!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for the views!
4 Thank Dawn S
Dear Guest;
First of all, we would like to thank you for the comments regarding your resent stay. Remember all our guests are very important to us and we always value the fact that you choose us as your vacation destination. In addition to taking the time to send us these nice remarks, I sincerely appreciate you mentioning the different departments that contributed to your outstanding experience with us.

I thank you for taking the time to share this information, Beatriz and your martinis will be waiting for you!

It is a pleasure!
Esmeralda Alcala
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We've been going to this property for spring break for almost fifteen years and hope to continue for the next fifteen. The location is perfect; the beach is private (naturally enclosed on both sides) so although it's only five minutes from downtown, the feel is serenely secluded.
The hotel staff is wonderful and the service is first-rate. We spend our days at the pool and beach and the Entertainment Team is amazing; they all have such great energy and although we enjoy every one of them, our family favorite is Tony. They keep you busy, if you choose, with volleyball and soccer and all variety of games and fun. And a few nights a week they provide a themed party or event; our favorite is Mexican Idol! There's marvelous service at the pool and we love Luisa and Ismael. The food is great and the restaurants clean ... I just can't say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel is a 7 peso bus ride south of the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta. (or a 60 peso cab ride). We used the bus as it was a fun way into town. We availed ourselves of several offered tourist trips, snorkeling, zip lining/rappelling and a tour of tequila distilleries which included a visit to the botanical gardens. The weather was pleasant without being a scorcher and the residents both in a out of the hotel were very friendly. The nightly entertainment in the hotel was excellent with a change nightly to keep your interest. While both an adult and children facility, the offered children's club keep them busy and out of the view of those that would object. As an all inclusive, no added expenses with exception of the spa or those we chose to incur were felt.

Room Tip: Visit adventure tours for a great time while in PV. They offer preferred suites for an additional co...
Maidstone, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

On April 7, 2012 my fiancé and I headed to DREAMS Puerto Vallarta with 40 of our closest friends and family for our upcoming wedding. After the 40 minute bus ride from the airport we were greeted with cool towels and a glass of champaign. Check in was a breeze. Our rooms were, for the most part, ready for us. My fiancé and I had been to this resort in April 2008 and so we knew what we were getting into – but I couldn’t have been happier with how thrilled our group was with the resort as well. And we had a lot of first time travelers!
I cannot say enough wonderful things about ELEANE JOYA. She was our wedding planner who I had been emailing back and forth with for the past year. She is amazing – and she made our wedding day everything I could have imagined! She handled everything and I felt so stress free! Our room had rose petals all over on our wedding night and all week we had a cool banner on our door “HONEYMOON”. Loved it! Let me know if you want more wedding details.
My group also enjoyed BERNARD (Bernie as we called him) from the tiki bar over by the Seaside Grill. He kept the drinks flowing and he gave us amazing service… even when he had to put up with us night after night!
The Spa was amazing for my wedding day. BLANCA did an amazing manicure for me and GRISELDA did my hair and make-up – and trust me, I was a bit nervous… but WOW did she do a wonderful job. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I took pictures and she made my hair almost exact. Go for the fake eyelashes too!
This resort is incredible. If you haven’t been, you must! I have been there twice now, once with my man and once with a group and both times were amazing. I will be going back there again for sure! There are two other adult pools if you happen to get tired of listening to groups like mine by the swim up bar. The waves are great for boogie boarding. You won’t have a bad meal. All restaurants are ocean view. Every room is ocean view! Make sure and order room service, it’s incredible! Stop by the CoCo Café for a quick snack on you’re way up to your room… try the carrot cake! Elevators are always quick! There are plenty of themed evenings that are set up for dinner out on the beach… which I thought was amazing, why would you want to be outside when you can be on the beach?! Plus every night there is a movie on the beach for the kids! And if you’re planning a wedding… I can’t say enough about this place. The sunsets? Breathtaking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends