Our family of 23, ages 7 to 72, all loved Dreams PV. It has by far the best location in all of Puerto Vallarta (we've stayed at the Riu Palace, Riu Jalisco, Velas Vallarta, and Dreams Villamagna) and the private cove with private beach is fabulous. Every room is ocean front and the sound of the waves hitting the beach truly makes you feel like you are in paradise.
The food in the a la cartes is high end and delicious. It may take longer than the buffet, but the wait is worth it to eat at the Seaside or Oceana. The highlight was the dinners set up on the pool deck of the beach - eating under the stars next to the ocean is priceless!
The staff were awesome, in particular "Sugar Ray" from the activities team! He made sure each of us had a fun time around the pool, on the jungle walk,playing volleyball in the pool, kayaking, on the ocean trampoline/survivor event and on the beach for streching! Sugar was able to hit the perfect balance of entertainment and activity without bothering the guests who wanted to simply relax. The wait staff also did a great job, especially when challenged by the arrival of 23 diners without a reservation!
We stayed in the older tower which has grand beds, linens and views, but it does not have the spacious walk in showers and glamour expected of a 5 star resort. This really isn't a problem when you spend your days outside though! Room service was prompt and served at the right temerature.
The beach is kept spotless by the staff every morning and the vendors are low key, so nothing takes away from enjoying the ocean at Dreams PV. The staff also do an excellent job of maintaining the pool and all the lush, lovely grounds. Look for the bananas and pineapples growing along the walkways! The main pool isn't as grand as other 5 star resorts and the deck area is limited to one side of the pool given the limited real estate between the jungle and the beach that this property sits on. However it was no problem for us to get loungers and we all played in the pool most of the day (unless we were out boogie boarding in the almost overwhelming waves!)
The spa is fabulous and we were able to get a great deal on massages which took place outdoors above the restaurant so we could enjoy the lovely ocean breeze and hear the waves. The fitness center is popular and in good shape. The tennis courts are excellent and the instructors lots of fun. We were also able to get a great deal one day on scuba lessons in the pool, so my 9 year old daughter had fun doing that. Be sure to ask for the week's specials before you buy!
Even though we usually try a new hotel every year, we may return to Dreams PV in 2012 because it really is the best of the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel