“Great new PV restaurant”

Bravos Restaurant Bar
Ranked #3 of 1,070 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the midst of Puerto Vallarta's happening nightlife scene--and just a three-minute stroll from the town's primo beach--this inviting South Side eatery offers up generous servings of flavorful international food and drink.Amiable owner Michael Boufford & Edgar Bocanegra are no strangers to fine dining in a hip ambiance. Bravos' casual-chic artisanal experience enhanced by soft lighting and music, an extensive wine list and eclectic martini options. But the real deal here is the food: light and fresh, homemade and healthy, and always perfectly prepared.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife Sandra and I learned about this new restaurant from friends and family in PV so we decided to give it a try last night (Saturday Feb 22nd). We were not disappointed, the food, service and ambience was everything we hope for and expect from a high end restaurant.

My wife ordered one of the featured meals of the day, red snapper which she thoroughly enjoyed even though the fish was slightly overdone for her taste. However, we will be back again soon and should she order fish again we are sure a quiet word to the waiter will ensure that it will be cooked to her taste.

I ordered one of the house specialties, Lamb Shank which was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The meat was so tender is literally fell off the bone - lovely! I really like my food served hot and in response to my request my meal was served piping hot in a properly heated bowl - perfect!

With a half litre of the red Argentinean Merlot house wine, a shared Crème Brulee, and two cups of very good espresso coffee, the bill was very reasonable. Yes, we will be back and have no hesitation in recommending Bravospv to friends and others.

2  Thank Robert B
michaelboufford, Owner at Bravos Restaurant Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Good Morning Robert
It was great to have you and Sandra the other night at Bravos for the 1st time. Food First is how we roll here. I am happy that you enjoyed the evening and will recommend us to your friends. Sandra’s fish the next time will be perfectly prepared to where she will want to take one to go! You must try the chocolate cake next time, it goes perfectly with your wine selection.

Michael Boufford

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate at Bravo's twice during our recent stay in Vallarta…both were in groups…one as large as 20-25. It's not easy to serve that many at once, but they did a fantastic job. The owner, you can tell, really appreciates your business and is hands-on. The only critique I would make is that they need to do something about the acoustics…it is very noisy and hard to even hear the person next to you. But the seafood was very fresh and reasonably priced. Unlike many restaurants in PV, I'd say they are there to stay…they were packed both times we were there, while many other restaurants in the area had few diners.

1  Thank zou2you
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have enjoyed several meals at this lovely restaurant. Every bite is a delight! and the service is excellent, polished and perfect.
We will be returning many times before leaving PV.

1  Thank kary L
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Want a romantic evening at an upscale restaurant with great food...then go to Bravos PV at 263 Francisco I Madero in Puerto Vallarta. This place is small but well dressed up and has an excellent atmosphere for dining with friends or a special person. Flavorful cuisine prepared and served in intersting style. The service was friendly and attentive without being over bearing. I would suggest you add this to your must visit restaurant list for Puerto Vallarta. In a city with many outstanding and interesting places to dine, Bravos has already made a name for themselves.

1  Thank Nick S

Good day Nick S

2 words. “THANK YOU”.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a hard time finding the place, we walked right by it. When we found it we discovered that they are closed on Mondays. We went back the next day and all the running around was worth it. Our Host Jose ( from Minnesota ) was great. He recomended a Mexican Wine that was wonderful. I wish that we could get this wine back home. The food was the best we've ever had in PV. I can't wait to go back. Highly Recommended.

2  Thank Joe1773

Good day Joe1773

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Sorry to see that you came by on Monday but happy that you decided to swing back on Tuesday! Really glad that Jose took very good care of you and suggest a great Mexican wine to enjoy your dinner with. Let me know and I can always bubble wrap a bottle for you to go home with on me and you both can crack it open on date night in front of the fire! Stop by and see me for the bottle!