“Wow!!!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Terrace view
Banderas Bay view
Pool-ocean view
Pool and Sun
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Anna P
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wow!!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Thank you Don for letting us to stay in your GORGEOUS house! Casa El Divisadero is a dream destination for travelers who likes adventure, unusually beautiful nature and without mobile disabilities. The first impression after we walked into this property was WOW!!!! It looks even much better than on those few pictures the owner provided for travelers. Very clean and well-maintained, with fully equipped kitchen, cable TV, home phone, washer and dryer, amazing bathrooms(no, really...to fully enjoy it, we took turns to take a shower in each others tubs)Very memorable ocean and surroundings views. The flora inside and outside the house is something I have never seen before anywhere else. We stayed 9 days and seems like it wasn't enough time to completely satisfy our curiosity. Thanks Antonio for all assistance he provided. People there are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this property to all my Russian and American friends who likes to walk and can tolerate hot summers without a/c. 8 big fans were pretty efficient and the funicular was the only a type of transportation we pray for after walking up the stairs for first couple days, then got used to and now even missing this exercise. People who doesn't want to shape their legs, can easily use taxi. Its pretty cheap over there( we paid $50 pesos or $4 American dollars from Centro of Romantic zone)) and largely available. No waiting. I really liked low season because there was not very crowded anywhere and due to big competition, prices on everything are lower than in high season. All activities I would recommend to order online. Its easier. Rains almost every evening didn't affect us anyhow. Short warm showers usually in the evenings just alleviate the heat. The only what bothered us were insects of unknown origin, invisible and biting fast. I talked to people from hotels and staying in other places of the shore,-they all complained about this. Probably, its because of raining and being close to jungle. Anyway, I had the greatest experience of my life together with my husband and my friends staying at Casa Divisadero located in upper Conches Chinas which also known as Beverly Hills of Puerto Vallarta

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Insects
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Anna
So happy you had a great time. I'm headed down end of Sept so I will get some of that humidity!
phillysil...
New York City, New York
“Beautiful stay.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

As soon as the doors opened, we noticed two things right away – the unbelievable, unobstructed view for miles, and the fact that not one corner of the villa was overlooked by the decorator.

Each day started with coffee on the balcony and some morning yoga with the ocean as a peaceful backdrop. After making breakfast in the well-equipped kitchen, we enjoyed some reading outdoors and a few hours of pool time. The pool is shared but was very peaceful and usually only visited by 2 or 3 other people. Afternoons were spent down at the Playa de los Muertos, which was a simple 10 min downhill walk, and a challenging but healthy/good 20 min sweaty walk back up, and which features lots of eye candy and people-watching with constant supplies of cocktails and food at the various on-beach venues.

The location can’t be beat, between the beaches below and the proximity to the fun area (Zona Romantico) with tons of bars and restaurants. That area is only a cheap 5-min cab ride or 15-min walk. There is a funicular at the villa, which provides a bit of a respite after a walk home. The villa itself is huge and perfect for 4 people. Great speaker system throughout, good wi-fi, huge doors that remain open and provide great light and breezes (there is no a/c, but it wasn’t needed in Feb). A few things I would suggest: The person who picked us up at the airport also went grocery shopping; I would have preferred to have received a receipt and to pay that total, as well as a set price for his time/gas, rather than a number that he came up with without a receipt. I would also suggest new pillows, bed linens and bed covers, as they were worn down and the cover was dirty and needs to be dry-cleaned. Lastly, I would recommend more comfortable and loungy patio furniture, as there were only two chaise lounges next to one of the bedrooms.

Great stay, loved it.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the pool, the space, the location
Liked least: The bedding, patio furniture
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mar 10, 2014
Thanks Scott
Glad you enjoyed your trip.
Appreciate the suggestions.
Antonio was doing the grocery shopping for the 1st time so I will cue him on the details you mention.
I will also talk to him about bed spreads as he will take them in. Both beds have 5 sets of linens, several new, so I'm confused on that one unless Jesse has damaged some that need to be pulled.
Thanks again for your stay
Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Feb 25, 2014
Thanks so much Woods.
It really makes me happy to know people are enjoying my home.
I didn't make the same good choice. we are in a 9th floor noisy high rise down town Cape Town,but , love Capetown.
British Columbia
Reviewed February 8, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks so much. Glad you had a nice 5 week stay & I hope you can use Divisdero again.
Portland
Reviewed January 2, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Jan 2, 2014
Coleman
What a write up. Want to edit my add.
Please come again.
Portland Oregon
Reviewed December 31, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Dec 31, 2013
Char
I am glad you are so happy in Mexico. I'll show you some favorite haunts when we are both there.
Thanks for appreciating what I consider my best artistic achievement!
Palm Springs California
Reviewed November 6, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing