“Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Layla's Restaurante

Layla's Restaurante
Ranked #16 of 981 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

This little hole in the wall is worth seeking. We had a wonderful meal, orchestrated by our waiter Arturo. He is a great guy. We sat upstairs near the bar. Air conditioned!! My wife and I enjoyed Layla's great food while having much fun with Arturo. I had the Lemon Trout which was delicious and my wife had excellent enchiladas. Along with our dinners we had their corn bread, calamari, and a Cadillac Margherita. All was tremendous!

We had the pleasure to meet the owners Isabel and her husband Rodrigo. They made us feel like family. Layla's has only been open for a year, but will soon be a staple for many. Do not miss an opportunity to eat at Lalay's.

San Francisco, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I loved Layla's. They serve excellent Mexican food that, while approachable, is elevated from the day to day taco, enchilada fare you see everywhere. The flavors they used were fantastic. I normally avoid red types of salsas (on enchiladas, etc.), because I find them to be somewhat ordinary. However, the red sauce at Layla's was absolutely delicious.

The service is excellent. It is not a large restaurant, but there are two floors and they have AC. The owner and the chef (I believe they are brothers) have both lived in the USA, and thus, speak excellent English.

The restaurant is a bit out of the way, but it is not off the beaten track and really didn't take much time to get there in a taxi from Olas Altas. This will be the first restaurant that we eat at the next time we are in PV.

Visited June 2014
Puerto Vallarta
“Wonderful dinner in Pv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just returned home from a truly 5 Star dinner... My date rarely will go with 5 stars but in this case he said 4 out of 5 of his guidelines were 5, the other a 4. We were greeted by the owner, (a plus) asked if we wanted to sit downstairs or upstairs in the open air. (we chose upstairs); two waiters took good care of us, (another plus) they brought 'surprises' given by the owners (which you have to go to see what they are); The food was fantastic... pork shanks in adobo sauce... rice and salsa. (the 3rd plus) The wines were great, both red and white (another plus); ambiance was nice (a 4star) However, I liked it better then my date. Oscar and Arturo, our waiters were great; not overly attentive, but there when we needed them. A great evening 'again'. Thank you to Layla's!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gingerita
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Layla's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

It's not our first time in PV, but first time at Layla's. There are sooo many dining options here it will be very hard not to go back to Layla's all week! :)

We went close to lunchtime and were the only ones there. Food, service, atmosphere excellent! Hubby had the American Breakfast and I had Chicken Piccata. Both were excellent.

Service was friendly and efficient, and we chatted with the chef. We sat on the main floor which was air conditioned. It's tucked out of the way and was very intimate.

I really enjoyed Layla's and will return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rodrigo V, Gerente at Layla's Restaurante, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
thank you for your comment it is very important to us, and i am very happy that you enjoy your breakfast-lunch, hope to see you again
“Great food and people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Walked into this place with my wife on our way to the malecon/boardwalk by chance, and we were really glad we did.

The manager was really friendly/hospitable as was the rest of the team, and the food was great.

Try the "chicken lollipops" - great barbeque sauce and presentation. Also perfectly cooked - crispy yet moist. My lemon trout entrée was also excellent, and my wife's tacos were pretty delicious too.