“Kept going back, it was so good.”

Layla's Restaurante
Ranked #11 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Heard about this little restaurant from a review in the condo's 'guest book' and decided to try it out. My son, husband and I had dinner, without reservations. Our table was upstairs by the bar. As the food was served we felt more and more spoiled by the service and the quality of the food. The Asian salmon was the most unique and tasteful recipe for salmon ever. We end up booking our New Year's Eve celebrations at the restaurant (so close to the fireworks) and tried their breakfast a few days later. Every experience was excellent. The owners are very involved and cared deeply for the patrons.

1  Thank Seashelify
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

11 friends met at Layla's for breakfast/brunch on 8th February and everyone agreed that the food and the service were excellent.
I ordered eggs ebelita because I had never heard of it before and the menu promised eggs in a poblano chile sauce. The size of the serving was like Goldilocks, not too big and not too small, it was piping hot and very tasty. The egg was served over a bed of nicely-cooked vegetables including green pepper, onion, chayote, and carrots and was covered with a very nice poblano cream sauce.
My wife's omelette, served with fried potatoes and salad was excellent, as was the eggs benedict and other items ordered by our friends.
An inexhaustible supply of coffee and lots of fresh toast, butter and jam were also on hand.
For the two of us, including a 30 peso tip, the total cost was 230 pesos...$19CDN. Excellent value.
Will we return? We already booked for dinner next Friday. Not to be missed.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I happened to walk by Layla's one morning and delighted to find this "hidden" gem. I say hidden because it's on a side street in Puerto Vallarta and you don't really see it from the main street through down. Great service, friendly staff and owners and excellent food. So glad we've discovered the restaurant and have returned several times for dinner.

1  Thank Mexicogo01
Rodrigo V, Owner at Layla's Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

I am glad that you discover laylas and that you enjoy our food, thank you for taking time to write a review, have a nice day

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Rodrigo and his staff were awesome. We could write a long review about how great the food and service was but we are going to keep it short: it is a must go while in PV. And don't let the cabs talk you out of this restaurant or pretend to not know where it is located. We learned quickly that all cabbies recommend the same restaurants as they get kick backs when they take tourists.

1  Thank TXtimetravelers

i really love your comments, I am glad that somebody tell whats going on with the taxi divers in Puerto Vallarta, and more happy that you enjoy our food,

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were staying one block away from this place and saw the trip advisor recommended sign on the window. This was the best breakfast ever! I ordered the American breakfast and my husband had the eggs benedict, both were very tasty! We will be returning.

1  Thank sg300

thank you for comming to laylas , it was a pleasure metting you and your husband