Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,775 results
All reviews italian restaurant private beach rooms are huge pool bar ocean view alfredo night life all inclusive package our waiter great vacation nachos gonzalo waves pesos mismaloya whales boca
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While being here I’ve been to the “el pescador” restaurant and all I can say is the people here are very attentive to your needs and make you feel appreciated. I loved the wide variety of seafood they had and I especially enjoyed the shrimp tacos they were very delicious and savory. I couldn’t have asked for A better place to come eat. If you’re coming to this hotel I suggest go to el pescador because the people are nice and the food is great!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Gabriel Z, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest, JennymV2422PI:

Thank you to describe your holiday experience at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta. It is amazing to read such reviews and motivates us to work hard in order to improve every day.

Our aim is to go beyond your expectations, and we are pleased to find out that we are achieving it.

Please do not hesitate to visit us soon will be great to surprise you again with the best memories.

Cordially yours,

Guest service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is all inclusive. This was our first time at an all-inclusive resort. Food was better than we expected. My wife and I thought the food was plentiful and available but we felt a bit captive because the location is a 15-20 minute bus ride south of town. Puerto Vallarta is filled with plenty of great restaurants. The hotel would be wise to allow people to pay at the on-site restaurants so that you could go to town and not feel like you paid for the all inclusive part thus you have to eat on site. Maybe selling a drink package would be prefered along with a partial all-inclusive package.

The rooms were big and comfortable, modern and clean. Internet access appeared to work well and for PV that is saying something.

Staff was very helpful and willing to assist in most any and all of our issues. From check-in to check-out they were always eager to assist. I watched how they interacted with all the guests and they were very consistent.

Entertainment as lacking. It would be nice if they offered more music and other entertainment for the guests during the week.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest Keith M:

Thank you for posting a good rating regarding your recent stay at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta.

We are pleased to know that we have managed to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the attention to highlight the gastronomy of our restaurants and services at all, nice you found our staff helpful.

On the other hand, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by lacking entertainment. We are sharing this and your compliments and suggestions with the team to improve our services as soon as possible.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Guest Service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One can't expect too much going to Mexico in the first place. There wasn't much to do at the resort so we spent most of our time in PV which was fun. If you have food allergies please bring benadryl they aren't good with allergies. Also, if you're sensitive to smell, this might not be a good choice for you. Also, the beach only has sunlight for a couple of hours in the late afternoon.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 82foodismything

Dear Guest 82foodismything:

Thank you very much for your review and the great rating, we appreciate your effort and time to share us your experience whilst staying at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta.

We’re so sorry that your experience did not match your expectations.

We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to show you all we have improved.

Best Regards,

Guest Service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came to Puerto Vallarta to celebrate our birthdays. We enjoy weekend getaways and we thought, let’s get out of the snow.

We travelled from Friday Jan 17- Sunday Jan 19th. We spent two nights at Grand Park Royal.

We booked flights separately. We took a cab to resort (we walked across the bridge to get a local taxi. $20 usd). We took an Uber back to airport. It came to $12.50 usd for our 9:30 am trip to airport.

Our check in was easy. The man at front desk upgraded us from a partial Ocean View to a 5th Floor Ocean View room.

I’ll break down our experience in a few categories.

Room: 518 has an incredible view. The room has two double beds. It was extremely clean. The bathroom was spa like. Lots of space and the shower was perfect. Great pressure and lots of space. It is close to the towel laundry service. I heard it a few times during the night but I also had the pleasure of hearing waves all night which to me, is one of the greatest sounds. I wish the balcony lights could shut off as I would of slept with the curtains wide open. What a view to wake up too.

Beach: beach is beautiful. Sand was smooth but it’s on quite an incline. It was fine for us but we saw a lot of people struggle at times. The beach has these incredibly powerful waves. We went in quickly and carefully just to say we did but it was not safe. Red flag was up the two days we were here. Both days we saw kids and adults get pushed down and knocked over. Injury on vacation isn’t something I’d want to entertain.

Pools: Normally I’m in the water the entire time but the water looked a bit murky. It could of been the colour of the pool paint job but it didn’t seem as inviting (or sunny enough) to enjoy. We didn’t swim in the pools but we sat on the overhanging pool deck near pool bar as we wanted as much sun as possible. Lots of people were having a great time swimming around.

Sun: I enjoy as much sun as I can get. I didn’t realize until reading some reviews after we booked that the sun doesn’t reach the pool area until 1pm. That is very true. Parts of the beach will have slivers of sun coming through. That’s where I was until after lunch. Basically 1pm - 6pm of sunshine in the loungers. Not enough for me if I was staying here a week or more.

Bar: We had great service at all the bars. Lots of drink choices. Malibu Rum, Bacardi rum, variety of tequila types. We even had some mimosas and sparkling wine. Always makes your vacation feel good when you get some bubbly into you.

Italian: We had great service. Food was really wonderful. Small buffet with a few different dishes to try. We had the lemon steak and tiramisu. It was highly recommended from people we met at the pool and beach area.

Seafood a la cart: really great service, from the host, the servers and the great pride by chefs. We went for breakfast and dinner here. Breakfast has a buffet with a small variety of basic items as well as a menu. Very good. They didn’t have guacamole when I asked just to see. He said no, but I guess he got the chef to make me a plate to go with my eggs. It was a great surprise and a testament of putting the guests first. Thank you! For dinner (a la cart), we put in our orders and asked for a few options on the side (grilled shrimp). The server asked us if he could put together a sample of each on a plate. It was a real treat for us to have a small portion of salmon, shrimp and octopus. All of it was excellent.

Veranda buffet: we enjoyed the service, friendly staff and view from the outdoor patio. We saw whales swimming by each day at breakfast and that was a highlight. Lots of selection of food. Good quality and very clean. It’s a small resort compared to bigger chains so don’t expect the same as something like a Riu Palace or a Bahia Principe. We like the medium to small resorts and sometimes that means less variety.

Overall, it was a perfect trip for us to have some sun and get some well needed rest. An escape away from the snow is always welcomed. However, if I was here for a longer stay, I would of been disappointed with the swimming situations and the lack of sun due to the shadow of the hotel. If the price brings us back, I’d happily go, but we will be trying other locations of the Grand Park Royal.

Thank you for a great birthday weekend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest, Dcamross:

Thank you very much for your preference and for your review. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta.

Our mission is to make your stay as pleasant as possible and it is gratifying to know that we succeeded.

We will be glad to welcome you back and go beyond your expectations.

Guest service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our vacation at the Park Royal was fabulous. The food was good but the Italian Alecarte was amazing. The staff were very attentive and quick with their services. Victor, Gonzalo, Imanuel and Omar made sure that our experience at the Italian restaurant was nothing short of amazing. On our last night, they brought us a special dessert and had written for us to have a safe flight home the next day with chocolate sauce on the plate. Such a nice, thoughtful touch!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Traveling101AC:

Thank you for choosing to stay at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta. We appreciate for sharing us your amazing experience.

Provide our guests with a memorable experience is our main goal. Therefore, we appreciate highlighting the quality of care and service that you received from our staff whilst you were staying with us, especially from Victor, Gonzalo, Imanuel and Omar, they enjoy catering to the needs of the individual guest.

We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to show you all we have improved.

Cordially,