1,125 results
All reviews italian restaurant private beach pool bar rooms are large ocean view open air alfredo romantic zone our waiter gonzalo pesos waves vacation cab mismaloya whales abel
Reviewed November 12, 2014

We checked in at about 5:00 on November third 2014. As we got out of the cab the bellman was there to great us and instructed us to leave our bags on the curb (I was very uneasy about that). as we walked to the front desk (that was open air and impressive) we were overcome with a heavy and pungent smell of mold. From my hotel experience as a Maintenance manager for several years I knew what I was in for. the young women behind the desk checked us in and informed me that she has bad news that we were upgraded to a room with a hot tub. Well yet another red flag for me. so I don't want to make a scene or upset my new bride I took things in stride and said maybe I'm just being cranky from all the traveling (12 hours worth). So we go to the room and yes the heavy mold smell was there as well (room 912). My wife went to turn on a lamp and when she touched the base she was shocked (electrically) so I took a deep breath and she was ok so we unplugged it. The room view was no less than spectacular. The next day we went out and came back about 4:00 or so and I was asked by (Big John) how was our stay going. I informed him of our un happiness and told him we wanted to speak to a manager. Big John offered us a free tour instead. So I went on the company website and wrote up our experience and the following is what I got in return.
Dear robert service,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01 322 22 80191 .

Hugo Marichales
BEST WESTERN PLUS Suites Puerto Vallarta

I wanted to call Hugo but our phone in the room was inoperative and our cell service was limited as it is too expensive to use in another country. so as the week went on the hot water valve in the bathroom sink leaked and we had constant water on the floor and the seal on the toilet started to leak and left puddles in front of the toilet. We also found it to be kind of ironic that someone shut off the circuit breaker to our room twice during our week ( I will not say how it was turned back on both times) But again I have several years Best Western hotel maintenance experience (it was not a tripped breaker) but turned off manually. I have to say that Max Perez the bellman was very helpful and happy to help at all times (they should hire more of him) we were very happy with the restaurant and snack bar in the pool (pool is dated and needs many repairs but operable) throughout the property you will see exposed electrical wires (huge safety and liability issue. Lights outside the restaurant in the ceiling area main power box at the pool snack bar under the in operable grill and many other locations that I won't get in to. I feel if the staff and management would have responded in a caring manor I would have shared my experience and offered them some solutions (even though I was on vacation) I feel the property it self is being mismanaged and am wondering how the owner is keeping the Best Western name (I would have yanked my name from that building) Hopefully they will take this information and use it to save the franchise name as well as their investment in the property. I will return to Puerto Vallarta but will most likely stay somewhere else (they are building new resorts and hotels closer to the airport and city)

Room tip: not 912. I have photos but will not post them I took them for the management that I couldn't communicate with.
3  Thank bob s
Reviewed November 11, 2014

The Best western has been around for some time and is a good bet for clean comfort and service. I would recommend this Hotel for visitors who are familiar with PV. The location is quiet and relaxed. The beach is small and good for a swim. All of the rooms have a great ocean view. The rooms are large with the great sounds of surf to put you to sleep. Getting to town is a twenty min. bus ride or taxi express in less. Bring a little Bug repellent that is needed at times. Food at the BW. is average to good if you not in the mood for travel to town. I found the buffet simple but tasty and easy to sleep with or get me going for breakfast. Loved the Coffee. The pool was in good repair and great for kids. There was a lot of chairs and easy to get towels for pool or beach. The poolside bar has it all. Looking carefully one can tell the Hotel been around for some time. If you are looking for fancy find a hotel that will charge you fancy. The Best Western is well worth the price and for many a real bargin .

Room tip: Bug repellent outside the room at night. Make friends with the bus. Eight floor is the best.
3  Thank Jim H
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Best Western is a favorite of ours so we choose to stay here. The rooms are large and have a nice little balcony. The amenities in the room a bit lacking. No hand towels, wash clothes, regular coffee. Air conditioning very loud and the rooms a bit moldy smelling. We signed up for the all-inclusive and that was a mistake in only one way....the food was delicious so too much of it! The best thing about this hotel is the staff. The staff very friendly and accommodating. The activities guys...Joe and Abel were most friendly and very helpful. Spanish class was fun! Joe was great helping my husband with his landing of the boat on the great beach they have in front of this hotel. The beach is small but clean and the water amazing here. This is our second stay in this hotel and we will most likely go back.

2  Thank OregonCoast65
Reviewed November 9, 2014

This is one of those reviews that's hard to write. The hotel could have been, and should have been, five stars but it just fails on so many levels.

The Pros:

--The hotel has its own private strip of beach. The sand is soft and the water is super-clear. It's wonderfully quiet.

--If you're not into the tourist traps, this is your place. The BW is located on the outskirts of PV-away from all of those horrible late night bars that work if you're 21 or a sailor who's been too long at sea. If, like me, you're looking for somewhere relaxing, then this is your area.

--The staff are friendly and quick to help. They were the true stars of the hotel.

--Very clean

--Wi fi signal was strong.

--Free parking.

--The ocean view just cannot be beat.

Unfortunately, the above can't make up for the following:

The Cons:

--The hotel was clearly built many years ago and it's showing its age...and not in a good way.

--In our room, the hot tub looked like it had a dirt ring around it. It wasn't a dirt ring, but a ring of the enamel (?) surface that was chipping away.

--The regular tub was badly flaking so badly that the flakes, if they'd been pulled (they weren't) would have been chunks, not flakes.

-- The maid service was incredibly lax. The first night, we had only 1 small bar of soap and a token shampoo and nothing else. The next day, we were left a package of decaffeinated coffee, no regular coffee, nothing to add to it (ie, cream, sugar), and one small shampoo, plus 2 bars of soap.

--The elevator is frightening. We were on the 9th floor and I actually walked as much as I could because it was that bad. When you got to your floor, the thing made a loud thumping sound and there was a rough shaking--every, single time. Worse, the elevator was often an inch or so below the floor, so my husband often tripped...a dangerous situation for an amputee (wearing a prosthesis).

--The first night, we ordered off the menu and not the buffet. Big mistake. The steak was inedible (I ordered medium and it was well-done and dry). The waiter did notice (again, the staff were great), but I just said everything was fine. The bacon that was on hubby's steak was covered in a sauce. He didn't even know it was there and nearly choked on it. It was also close to raw.

--The buffet was a little bit better, but the food was usually cold. The breakfast sausages were so hard that they were inedible; however, there were some items that were actually good--such as the chilaquiles and eggs in salsa at breakfast. Again, the staff were great and extremely attentive.

I wish I had more positive things to say, but good staff and an amazing view can't save a badly maintained hotel. I wouldn't recommend it.

4  Thank Cheri H
Reviewed October 26, 2014

For $200.00 USA per night, one can do MUCH better. Great beach and not far from the Garza Blanca. Rent a jetski for only 400 pesos and enjoy the beach without checking in. Outdated and the lobby bathroom represents the rest of this hotel, below standard

Room tip: stay at the Garza, get discounts online
Date of stay: October 2014