1,125 results
All reviews italian restaurant private beach pool bar rooms are large ocean view open air alfredo romantic zone our waiter gonzalo pesos waves vacation cab mismaloya whales abel
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Best Western is a favorite of ours so we choose to stay here. The rooms are large and have a nice little balcony. The amenities in the room a bit lacking. No hand towels, wash clothes, regular coffee. Air conditioning very loud and the rooms a bit moldy smelling. We signed up for the all-inclusive and that was a mistake in only one way....the food was delicious so too much of it! The best thing about this hotel is the staff. The staff very friendly and accommodating. The activities guys...Joe and Abel were most friendly and very helpful. Spanish class was fun! Joe was great helping my husband with his landing of the boat on the great beach they have in front of this hotel. The beach is small but clean and the water amazing here. This is our second stay in this hotel and we will most likely go back.

Date of stay: November 2014
2  Thank OregonCoast65
Reviewed November 9, 2014

This is one of those reviews that's hard to write. The hotel could have been, and should have been, five stars but it just fails on so many levels.

The Pros:

--The hotel has its own private strip of beach. The sand is soft and the water is super-clear. It's wonderfully quiet.

--If you're not into the tourist traps, this is your place. The BW is located on the outskirts of PV-away from all of those horrible late night bars that work if you're 21 or a sailor who's been too long at sea. If, like me, you're looking for somewhere relaxing, then this is your area.

--The staff are friendly and quick to help. They were the true stars of the hotel.

--Very clean

--Wi fi signal was strong.

--Free parking.

--The ocean view just cannot be beat.

Unfortunately, the above can't make up for the following:

The Cons:

--The hotel was clearly built many years ago and it's showing its age...and not in a good way.

--In our room, the hot tub looked like it had a dirt ring around it. It wasn't a dirt ring, but a ring of the enamel (?) surface that was chipping away.

--The regular tub was badly flaking so badly that the flakes, if they'd been pulled (they weren't) would have been chunks, not flakes.

-- The maid service was incredibly lax. The first night, we had only 1 small bar of soap and a token shampoo and nothing else. The next day, we were left a package of decaffeinated coffee, no regular coffee, nothing to add to it (ie, cream, sugar), and one small shampoo, plus 2 bars of soap.

--The elevator is frightening. We were on the 9th floor and I actually walked as much as I could because it was that bad. When you got to your floor, the thing made a loud thumping sound and there was a rough shaking--every, single time. Worse, the elevator was often an inch or so below the floor, so my husband often tripped...a dangerous situation for an amputee (wearing a prosthesis).

--The first night, we ordered off the menu and not the buffet. Big mistake. The steak was inedible (I ordered medium and it was well-done and dry). The waiter did notice (again, the staff were great), but I just said everything was fine. The bacon that was on hubby's steak was covered in a sauce. He didn't even know it was there and nearly choked on it. It was also close to raw.

--The buffet was a little bit better, but the food was usually cold. The breakfast sausages were so hard that they were inedible; however, there were some items that were actually good--such as the chilaquiles and eggs in salsa at breakfast. Again, the staff were great and extremely attentive.

I wish I had more positive things to say, but good staff and an amazing view can't save a badly maintained hotel. I wouldn't recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2014
4  Thank Cheri H
Reviewed October 26, 2014

For $200.00 USA per night, one can do MUCH better. Great beach and not far from the Garza Blanca. Rent a jetski for only 400 pesos and enjoy the beach without checking in. Outdated and the lobby bathroom represents the rest of this hotel, below standard

Room tip: stay at the Garza, get discounts online
Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed October 14, 2014

I should have paid more attention to the reviews before staying here, but I actually thought "people can be so picky". I'll start with the room.. Out of date is a kind way of saying run down. 1. The toilet leaked. 2. Shower is a drizzle (no water pressure at all) hard to even rinse off. 3. They give you a coffee maker with no coffee (you have to purchase it daily from the front desk) HUH I upgraded to the luxury suite with all inclusive. Nope no free coffee for you! Oh well I thought I would just order room service every morning. Guess what, room service is not included in all inclusive either, but wait I can't use room service even if I wanted to because NO PHONES WORK IN ANY OF THE ROOMS. I asked at the front desk when the phones would work, they shrugged and said the phones haven't worked in weeks. 4. They put two small bottles of water in the room the first day, that's all you get, if you want more you have to purchase it from the front desk, ( seriously strange for all inclusive). 5. Air conditioner barely keeps the room cool, and as my boyfriend put it "sounds like a VW car engine." 6. Maid service was terrible, barely cleaned the room. 7. You only get two towels in the room, no face or hand towels.
The second day of my vacation my boyfriend and I wanted to get massages, so I went to speak with Marghrita, in the lobby ( she schedules all the activities) , instead of helping me she shooed me away. I was shocked, we vacation in Mexico twice a year and have always found hotel staff to be very helpful. Not so with Marghrita, I tried again later and she told me she was busy! No one was at her desk but me! She again made a shooing motion with her hand. Wow, incredibly rude twice.
The food was average for buffets. One of the days we were there was a "low occupancy day" and food was order from the menu, out of the 12 items you could order only 5 of them were on the "all inclusive plan." Wait staff at the restaurant and bar were amazing! Only good thing I can find to say about this hotel.
Overall this hotel was one of the strangest places we have ever stayed! Would not ever stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2014
10  Thank Jen S
Reviewed September 15, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights on business, on check in and check out, Salvador at the front desk was very friendly and professional, had a chance to have lunch at the restaurant, it was very good... I had seen some references to bees in other posts, but they keep them under control. The beach is really nice, Room had a fantastic view. Easy access to taxi's and public transportation. Definitely will stay here again.

Room tip: Try to get the 7th floor or higher
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Franny2000
Best Western Pl... P, Director General at Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Dear Fanny 2000,
It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guests expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff and the food quality at the property. Will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Pierre Bonin