1,125 results
All reviews italian restaurant private beach pool bar rooms are large ocean view open air alfredo romantic zone our waiter gonzalo pesos waves vacation cab mismaloya whales abel
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the pros: the rooms are huge. Perfect for a family of 4/5. The large ocean view balcony was perfect for relaxing on during nap time. The beach the hotel is on is perfect for swimming, with beautiful clear water.
And now the lengthy list of cons:
The central air conditioner shuts off every night from midnight to 7am. I got in the habit of calling around 4am to ask for them to flip a switch to turn it back on when our room reached 90 degrees and the kids were awake and crying due to the heat. Then when a few more guests arrived at the hotel, the air started getting worse and worse during the entire day. Our room never got quite cool enough to relax, and when it's 90 outside with 100% humidity, having a bad air conditioner just sucks.
The food was sub par. We usually stay at resorts and for some reason chose this one. We were all inclusive and the food was never above edible. Only one restaurant with a few options, lots of bugs in the fruit, and the good options were poor. I was hoping for at least some Mexican cuisine and was left disappointed. The desserts were at least a little better. The pool snack bar had decent quick order options when we were ALLOWED to order from it, despite being on the all inclusive plan. Some days they did a free buffet with gray chicken nuggets and soggy fries and thus rendered the snack bar menu unnecessary. However, cash payers were still allowed to order. This part really made me angry since it's part of the plan we paid for, and we were discriminated against half the days with being able to utilize the option.
The service was lacking. Usually Mexican resorts have an awesome level of service, but hardly any of the employees ever seemed willing or wanting to help. I had to ask for water every single meal every single day. And was constantly told the snack bar wasn't open yet despite the hours being posted and past the opening time.
On our last night, there was a rather loud wedding. That's all fine, except there were fireworks being launched at midnight RIGHT in front of the hotel and basically on our deck. If loud, gigantic fireworks are going to be used, please do so at a decent hour, not after everyone has been in bed.
Overall, our family had a super fun vacation despite the awful hotel stay. The pool was dirty, and dirtied all our white swimwear (why isn't chlorine being used?) and the food was extremely disappointing. Service was lesser than I would have hoped for, and broken air conditioner during the summer heat is simply unacceptable.

Date of stay: June 2014
12  Thank BrittanyR658
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I forgot I'm my first review but pool & jacuzzi has tiles missing and out of place at the bottom which can be VERY DANGEROUS!! Also the first day of checking in the housekeeper entered the room without knocking & only had a towel for the floor in hand. That was VERY WEIRD to me.

Date of stay: May 2014
4  Thank agavins
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Let me 1st start off with we just checked in May 27. I was nervous from the reviews I read but came with an open mind. We only paid $250 TOTAL for 5 nights for 2 people all-inclusive with timeshare presentation. Check in was a breeze due to the fact there are less than 30 ppl here. The room is VERY clean & spacious with a balcony and large bathroom which could definitely use an update. The food was just ok @ best. I will say the chips,salsa, & guacamole were good as well as the chicken quesadilla. The alcoholic drinks were ok and the service & friendliness of staff was GREAT. The bar closes @10pm & restaurant @ 10:30(BOTH WAY TOO EARLY). This resort is about a 10-15 bus ride(8 pesos) away from downtown and EVERYTHING ELSE. THERE IS NO ENTERTAINMENT @ ALL!! The elevator kept breakin which was a problem for me. Overall this resort is gets a 3 star rating. For the price I can't complain but don't think I will return due to no activities and distance of EVERYTHING.

Date of stay: May 2014
4  Thank agavins
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We read all the other mixed reviews before staying here, so we knew it could be a risk. We did not have trouble with getting our room fast: we got it at 2pm and check in starts at 3pm. The rooms are very white and sterile, not the nicest ones, but ok. You do of course have the view: every room has a balcony and ocean view. Although there are 3 hotels on this beach, it is quite calm on the beach. The reception staff, bellboy and entertainment staff are all very friendly. We haven't eaten or drank here yet, so don't know the prices or qualoty. On booking.com however,we would pay124€ extra for 2x breakfast for 2. If you compare that price (31€/breakfast/pers) with the westin who only charges 18€/pers, than it is ridiculous. Talking of the Westin, we have stayed there for a week before coming to this hotel. Both are 5 star hotels, but the Best Western is nowhere near the quality of the Westin. I actually don't understand why this hotel has 5 stars on booking.com. For me it is only worth 3 or 4 max. Then...what has been the biggest minus for me so far: they have very little umbrellas, many of which are already broken as well. They stack umbrellas and beach chairs, so you have to take them yourselves if you want them. So this morning i arrived here alone, as a young women. I had to take the 2 beach chairs myself, and then the umbrella and then also the very heavy umbrella stand.No-one even offered to help me. That whole time, Carlos C. Who wore a t shirt saying "staff" was standing on the beach and ignoring me. It wasn't like he was working. Then an older lady came and she literally had to ask him for help before he did so. I don't know whether it was his job to help the customers with this, but for me this is totally unacceptable. Service is completely missing here. To add to his: the umbrella i put up myself and when it tipped over, then he finally found it time to assist, seriously...
If you are looking for service and 5 star hotel amenities: don't go here, go to the Westin or similar
If you are looking for peace and quiet and don't mind taking a 20 min bus or taxi to the zona romantica and service is not very important to you, then the Best Western is the better but not that much cheaper option.

Room tip: As from the 6th floor,away from the elevator
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolien V
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We got to the hotel at 1pm we understood check in was at 3pm so we waited. At 3pm our room wasent ready ( we had plans at 5pm) so at 3:20 the supervisor said she had a similar room available ready so I took it and went upstairs to it. The room was not ready and filthy. So I went back down stairs and they said I had to wait till a room was ready. It was 4:45 till they gave us a room. And we went up there and the bathroom shower didn't even have a curtain. Our 5 pm plans went down the drain! The towel service was a joke. We went down to the pool and they were out of clean towels. Wow! The elevator kept on breaking down. Worst experience ever. Stay away from this place! I will never return....

Date of stay: April 2014