“Fun Day but Over Paid”
Review of Indio Adventures

Indio Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Make your dreams come true with Puerto Vallarta's newest canopy tour! More than 10,000 feet of fun, spread out over 10 thrilling zip lines, up to a half-mile long, taking you up to an exhilarating height of nearly 700 feet over the beautiful jungle canopy and river far below.After the canopy you can enjoy our delicious food along with the relaxing sounds of the river, all of this while getting in touch with nature with our amazing green mountains.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Got off cruise ship and met Juan from Juan & Only Transportation. He assured me he'd take my family of 4 on a day of adventure touring Puerto Vallarta as we hadn't seen area before. Our tour ended up being a drive to Canopy only for ziplining - which we were charged $100 for. Juan was very talkative and friendly on way there, but when we didn't stay for the meal there at Canopy, he barely spoke to us on return to ship, didn't offer to take us anywhere else in area, and when we saw him the next morning in town he didn't acknowledge us at all. Don't know what kind of deal he had with the people at Canopy, but he told me I could get a deal of $70 instead of the regular price of 80. Since then I've seen prices of 45-50 dollars - some even including the transportation.
We did have a great time on the 10 lines, did some fun moves, and Ricky was cute and carried the heavy pullies for myself and younger daughter. Some areas were a bit of steep walking and once I sat out on a line. All (ages 14-55) had fun, but did feel uncomfortable when he were pressured to give a minimum of $50 tip at the end. Love Mexico, but a few days of this constant high pressure and constantly saying no thank you, was beginning to put a damper on the experience. We gave the tip and even spent $45 on pictures that were emailed to us - nothing printed, and still got a cold shoulder from Juan.
Later at dinner we heard stories of all the tequila tasting, authentic food and great little areas of music and food we didn't experience at all.
Like I said, we had fun, but do feel I should of bartered more the price of the transportation and the cost of the ziplining while being totally clear what our transportation would include. Just having Juan assure me he'd show us a good time wasn't specific enough.
I read some trip advisor reviews, but wish I knew to barter on the ziplining - and not take Juan's advice and accept 70 as a good price. Also could get transportation included from shops on Boardwalk - saw prices of 45 with. Live and learn. Hope this helps - doubt I'll be returning again, but if you go on a cruise - the experience is fun - just don't overpay as I did.

1  Thank Barbara W

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Thank you for the experience of a lifetime for our family! The staff were all so incredibly nice and attentive to our children while they were out on the zip line and they are still talking about how amazing it was. Our 21 year old daughter said it was the most fun she has ever had! I HIGHLY recommend getting the photo package too. Photographer so amazing and got some killer shots that I wouldn't ever been able to capture. Thanks so much!! We will be back next year for our annual trip to Puerto Vallarta!!
Love,
The Collins Family

Reviewed April 9, 2014

So much fun!! We took our kids, age 7-15 and everyone had a blast! Staff was high energy, helpful and so much fun! Pepe was awesome, as was all the staff. ! Great instruction, all the staff made sure everyone had fun. Water was available at different stages. Lots of stairs to climb but no one complained, felt very safe. After all the zip lines we had a delicious snack at the restaurant. Boys tried the natural water slides while the girls fed the monkeys. Everyone had so much fun!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have been bugging my husband to take me zip lining for years. Finally, he booked us on Canopy Indio for a zip line adventure during our cruise to the Mexican Riviera on April 3, 2014. We took a short walk from the Port and was greeted by a friendly staff. The zip lining was great, exciting, and fun. The crew made sure that we were comfortable and relaxed during the day. Afterwards, we had a lovely lunch at the restaurant. That's when we realized that my husband had forgotten his credit card on the ship. When we notified the staff, they were cool about it. One of the staff members met us at the entrance to the port and waited while my husband boarded the ship and retrieved the credit card. What an incredible experience. We will definitely come back and bring friends and family. We promise to bring our credit card next time.

1  Thank lilylimrn
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We visited Paradise Adventure Park March 15, 2014. We arrived by cruise ship & rather than booking a tour, we jumped in a cab at the port and had him take us around Puerto Vallarta for some sight seeing. We paid him $120 for the entire day & he took us to Mismaloya Beach where we relaxed on the sand for a few hours while he waited and we drank Corona's and ate chips and Guacamole. It's a beautiful beach.
From there we drove another 25 minutes up to Paradise Adventure Park which is high up in the mountains above the southern end of Puerto Vallarta. Our cab driver negotiated the $80 price per person down to $50 per person for the 10 zip line tour, and it was WELL worth every dollar we spent! Be prepared to do some climbing and once you are up to the first line, be prepared for a lot of FUN!
The first 9 lines were nothing but fun with one of them being so high, I felt like I was crossing the Grand Canyon, but the real fun is on the speed line and the most fun was on the last line. On the last line, the tour guide will zip with you, or right behind you, he will pin your legs so that you can lay down on your stomach and FLY SuperMan style and towards the end of this 1+ minute line you will fly a few feet above a rushing river and when the river is raging, you can drag your hands through it or even sit the other way and drag your butt through it as you fly down the mountain.
I put my phone on video mode and held it while zipping down. I have a video on youtube at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=148yALOU1Fk&list=UUoc1EU1dHr7BrK14i2ZRw7A
Highly recommended, also great for kids 6 and older, in expensive, lots of fun, what a great day!

2  Thank partcentpc