“Worth the trip”
Review of Indio Adventures

Indio Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Make your dreams come true with Puerto Vallarta's newest canopy tour! More than 10,000 feet of fun, spread out over 10 thrilling zip lines, up to a half-mile long, taking you up to an exhilarating height of nearly 700 feet over the beautiful jungle canopy and river far below.After the canopy you can enjoy our delicious food along with the relaxing sounds of the river, all of this while getting in touch with nature with our amazing green mountains.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellent zip lines....Alejandro and Hosea are excellent guides. a lot of fun and very thrilling with an amazing superman fly on the last line. it could have been a five out of five if the videos and pictures were not so ridiculously priced. felt sorry for the cameraman man but couldn't see spending almost $100 for these videos and pictures. Recommend bringing bug spray - there seems to be tiny bugs on the ground that attack your legs and feet. These seem to be the same kind of bugs at the Zoo. The drive is definitely worth it. We just bought the tickets at the gate and got a good price.

1  Thank Beverley I
in 16 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The 10 zip lines were great. My teenage boys loved it. They loved the climb and views and of course the zip-lines. We went on Christmas Eve...so only 9 of us at the entire place for the latest zip time. We had top notch service. Loved the hike up the hill and all the zip-lining. Our family and others in our group had a great time. After we zipped we were asked to go to a tequila tasting. We all just wanted to go back to the hotel, but did not want to be rude because it was obvious it was a persons job to sell. He did a fine job but no one purchased. Since it was late they did offer us food, but we were all staying at all-inclusive resorts and said no. We were asked to buy photos if we wanted which we all did. They were printed quickly and when I got home I got everything they showed me. The photos were expensive, but they would not let you bring your camera with you so if you want any photo memories this is your only choice. I would give them a 5 because they are so friendly and we had so much fun, but just a warning that you are stuck at the place until your entire group is done and ready to leave. Also, with travel and zipping it was 8 hours in total.

3  Thank JannieSup
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My entire family decided to go zip lining. We heard this was a great tour group and we were right. The guides were friendly and professional and make it fun. even my six year old enjoyed the trip. After, the mule ride from the bottom was a thrill and to top it all off, the restaurant served some great Mexican food.

1  Thank Nardiesally
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We did this attraction with a group of about 8 other people and had a great time. The hot humidity made the hikes a bit sweaty but not super tough. Scenery at this attraction is second to none and the zip lining very safe and fun. The staff was outstanding and fun to spend time with. They related well with all in our group from the youngest to the oldest. Don't miss out on the restaraunt at the end of your zip lining either as the fresh sea food in awesome.

1  Thank Fred B
See more reviews
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Overall, we had a great day zip-lining. We only had one other couple with us on the drive over, a very friendly driver and he even waited for us with the van the entire time we were zip-lining. No over-crowded bus and no waiting, so that was wonderful.

This was our first experience zip-lining, and the other couple had only gone once before, so it was a great fit for all of us, since we were all beginners. The guides were excellent! Fun group of guys, joked around, had lots of fun, and they were very experienced. I felt very safe and in good hands. They encourage you to try a few new "hands-free" ways of zip-lining after you have done the basics, which we all did try and were glad we did. Lots of fun! They go with you when you do try it, so you feel very safe. And no matter how fast you come zipping in, they are very good at catching you, so no worries there. All very strong, very capable, and very experienced! Many thanks to all of the guys for a great time!!! Oscar, Victor, and Alberto, you were all awesome!

Now for the "but"......after zip-lining, I had every intention to leave them a 5-star rating, but the disappointment came after the zip-lining. There is a guy standing there as soon as you remove your equipment for "tequila tasting". This was okay, and it was good tequila, but of course he is just trying to sell you his tequila. I just wanted to go zip-lining, not buy tequila.

Then there is a man with a table full of jewelry and what-not, so of course any time you even come close to him, he tries to peddle his stuff. There is also a restaurant there, that is basically where you get dropped off is right in the restaurant. So the waiter for the restaurant is of course trying to get you to sit down and order lunch. Not like you have anywhere else to eat around there, so I'm sure many people do eat there. We felt it was a sales trap however. We browsed the menu, not very many items on it and not cheaply priced either. I would have rather have eaten in downtown Puerto Vallarta somewhere, certainly not there, so we told him no.

Once you finally get through that maze of people wanting your money, then they try to sell you the photos and video, which is of course way over-priced. Alberto did take some amazing pictures and video however, so we did want to purchase them. They were asking over $900 pesos for the photo/video combo. We got them down to $860 pesos, still way more than it should be, but since they were great photos and we had none, we agreed to purchase the combo. They delivered it to our condo the next morning. I was highly disappointed when I got to the end of the video and photo CDs, because they cut out many of the good pictures he had taken! They cut the video off on the last zip-line, which was the best one. It showed none of us doing the superman on that last zip-line, the best one of all. He also took some great shots of me doing the superman on the last zip-line.... (they show you the photos on a screen as they are trying to sell them to you, so you see what he took.) But we got to the end of the photo CD and again, the great close-up shots of me on the superman were not there!!! Instead there was about 8 pictures of flowers and bugs! WTF?? It was a huge disappointment after spending good money for the photos & video, and then to find that many of the great shots were kept off of there. (I luckily did get a few from the superman, just not the great close-up ones that I really wanted.) The video was nicely done and the photos were great, I just felt I didn't get what I paid for. The place is way too far to take a taxi to, so there was nothing we could really do.

We were very happy with the zip-ling here and the guys were really awesome. If you want a fabulous zip-line experience, this really is a great place to go. Just be prepared for the peddlers after you get done. We were hoping for just zip-lining, so were a bit turned off by that sales trap. And not getting all the photos we paid for was a huge disappointment.

4  Thank MTtravelers2