“Lovely options; great location; BAD day!”
Review of Yogen Fruz

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yogen Fruz
Ranked #744 of 1,028 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
New England
“Lovely options; great location; BAD day!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I think we hit this location on a very bad day. Something was amiss with the machinery, and they kept making desserts and tossing them out. When I finally got mine, it was an insufficiently frozen mush. However, the choices on the menu looked fabulous, and on a day when the machinery is working, I bet this place is awesome. In retrospect, I wish they'd closed up and sent people away until they had their act in gear! I chose a pina colada frozen yogurt, with pineapple frozen yogurt, shaved coconut, and, somewhat oddly, cinnamon. It tasted very nice, although, as mentioned, the texture was way off. My husband had a strawberry banana smoothie and enjoyed it very much. It's not cheap; if you just want a cool quick cone you can get one at the McDonald's a block away for much, much less, but if you want something a bit more exotic, with fruits and spices, this is a very nice option! Right on the Malecon - get a yogurt and stroll with it. The wait staff were ok - clearly having a bad day of it. I think they undercharged us - or else they gave us the wrong sizes, but the portions - even small - were certainly adequate.

• Visited February 2013