“Excellent”

Asador La Vaca Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asador La Vaca Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 1,070 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Asador La Vaca Argentina you will enjoy a gastronomic trip through the pampas region of Argentina, guided by an authentic gaucho, our master griller Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. The meats that you will consume at Asador Vaca Argentina are Angus certified of 420 Kg. in weight. Our extensive wine list offers wines from five continents and they are maintained at a temperature of 18 degrees.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am a frequent customer of the Vaca Argentina's in Guadalajara. The PV operation is equal in food. The Proveletta, Chorizo appetizers are outstanding. The steaks are always good.

I do have some issues with the service, and I believe Vaca Argentina would do well to replace the front of house supervisor. Our waiter was a nice enough guy but when I ordered a bottle off the wine list (L.A. Cetto Nebiolo), he came back and said they were out, offering a different bottle of Nebiolo. I asked if it was the same price. He said he had to check and came back, and said not it was not. He returned the menu to me and the bottle he had selected was double the price. I then selected another bottle from the menu, the waiter returned with two bottles and told me the second bottle was better than the first. I again asked if it was priced similarly, of course it was not. The double upsell attempt did not sit well with me. Diner beware!

The meal itself was perfect. Vacio, Befe de Chorizo (NY Strip), and Asada were cooked as order and were amazing steaks. There was a new frozen ice cream dessert that was delicious. We finished with Carajillo's, which were served properly and mixed at the table.

We had another minor issue with the check. The cashier could not get the Amex terminal to connect. So one of our dining partners (she works at a hotel in PV) and I went up and got the machine to work. Seems the cashier should have known how to do this.

Anyway, I will still return, and I still gave the restaurant a five. Just expect some of the above and you will definitely enjoy your meal.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at La Vaca Argentina more than a few times in Guadalajara - it is always consistently excellent. Here in PV, it is pretty damn good as well. The 'Vacio' is one of the best steaks we have ever eaten, and we almost always have this.

I would give them 5 stars if the waiter had even tried to give us good service, and if they hadn't allowed another patron to smoke in the closed room we were in. I mentioned to the waiter that I wasn't happy to be eating with the smell of smoke, and he merely shrugged. Really??? I have lived in Mexico for many years, and this is not even close to normal behaviour. The management needs to address this.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We are regular patrons of La Vaca Argentina in Guadalajara. We were pleasantly surprised to find one here in PV. We went the first night we got here and were happy that the service and quality was 100% of what we expected; excellent! If you are a steak lover you must dine here. We had our favourite cut, the vacio, and ate (2 of us) all 1kg of it. The Guadalajara restaurant told us their beef is imported from Alberta, Canada, which explains everything; the best beef in the world.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I have enjoyed La Vaca on many occasions since their first opening a little more that a year ago. We have it posted on our personal web page as a go to restaurant and have heard from many friends of their good experiences, but something must have changed!!!
My husband and I were enjoying a quiet evening with a fine bottle of wine and a beef tenderloin steak dinner with multiple sides when a party of 4 males arrived to the table across from us. They seemed determined to engage us in conversation and when we resisted the language at the table was to say the least extremely blue!!! When my husband objected our waiter, who had already received his 20% tip told us that this is Mexico and you need to leave. My husband asked for his tip back and the waiter & the Manager of the night Alberto Lorell Contreras (cell phone number 3311490306) arrived to our table. Alberto, the manager kept telling us that this is Mexico and that if we did not leave the dining room he would have us arrested. All the time the table that had started the incident continued with very bad language and telling us this is Mexico and you need to go home!! Their comments jeering in the back ground.were to say the least the most ugly I have personally ever endured. My husband and I have traveled the world and tonight was the first time ever I have felt personally threatened. Perhaps, we have chosen the wrong place to retire or maybe just a restaurant that should not be in Vallarta. I did return to the restaurant 1 hour after the incident for owner information, and should you wish to contact the owner,the manager, Alberto, who was not apologetic for his actions,did give me what he said was the name and phone number for the owner, Jose Antonio Perez 3311490306. I have tried the number over and over and get a message that the number does not exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do Not Go Here If You Are Not A Mexican National !!!!!!! My complaint is not about the food which is OK but rather who is a Mexican and who is not. My husband and I have spent 25 years here in Vallarta and sadly, this year is the first time we have ever felt unwelcome. LA VACA SEEMS TO SPEAK VOLUMES!!!!! by the actions of their staff! Truly, a sad statement when the people of Vallarta are so warm and welcoming! Perhaps it is that a restaurant from Guadalajara has no business in a city with such a diverse cultural perspective!! I am so saddened by this entire experience!! Please do not eat at this restaurant!!!!!!!!! North American, European, or Mexican National, there are far better restaurants to enjoy in Vallarta!

9  Thank Arlene G
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was my 4th visit to La Vaca. As always the atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming. The service was fast, friendly and efficient. The food was some of the very best I have ever eaten. The wine list presents an excellent and varied selection (our Chilean Merlot was excellent). My friend and I spent a memorable evening enjoying superb salads, an enormous steak and a mouth watering lasagna...no room for dessert tonight, but past experience has shown the dessert menu to be superb. I will be back, soon!

1  Thank Chicomalo2014