“Fabulous Grilled Filets”

Asador La Vaca Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asador La Vaca Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 1,028 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Asador La Vaca Argentina you will enjoy a gastronomic trip through the pampas region of Argentina, guided by an authentic gaucho, our master griller Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. The meats that you will consume at Asador Vaca Argentina are Angus certified of 420 Kg. in weight. Our extensive wine list offers wines from five continents and they are maintained at a temperature of 18 degrees.
Ottawa, Canada
“Fabulous Grilled Filets”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last year about this time, I wrote a review on La Vaca de Argentina and expected that this establishment would easily be rated in the top 100 one year later. To my surprise, this steakhouse was rated only mid way of the 650 restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. There was no response or explanation to the 3 emails sent to Alberto, the General Manager of La Vaca Argentina regarding the recent negative reviews and poor ratings. There was also no response from the parent company in Guadalajara.
This restaurant has a prime location, modern decor, fabulous menu, great wine list, reasonable prices and all the features to easily be rated one of the top steakhouses in Puerto Vallarta!
After speaking with Martel, our waiter last year, I was convinced it was important to return to La Vaca to repeat our pleasant experience of 2013. We reserved for 3 couples and requested to be seated in Martel's section.Within minutes following our arrival, we were presented with a mini loaf of freshly baked hot bread and three salsas on the side. Martel greeted us with a broad smile and tall glasses of ice water was promptly provided to all. Each couple was focussed on the 400gr. filet mignon (each) listed on the menu along with a generous side of crispy fries sufficient for 2 persons. Each individual requested a different steak preparation in the range from rare to medium. The steaks were cooked to perfection as requested, tender and moist along with a generous servings of freshly prepared salad. Everyone enjoyed their respective meals thoroughly! Martel was always attentive and nearby to respond to our every need.
Once again, our experience at La Vaca was a resounding success!!
Until such time as management addresses some the negative comments that have been submitted in the past 6 months, the restaurant ratings may unfortunately continue to be affected. To ensure a comparable experience to ours, it may be highly advisable to request being seated in Martel's section when making reservations at this location. He will ensure your total satisfaction.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Only great steak I have ever had in Mexico”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went there with another couple and had an outstanding steak experience. Portions are huge, but that is how I like my steak. My friend and I had the cowboy style rib eye steaks and they were fantastic! My wife's lasagna was not very good. Very salty and no cheese. Was the only downfall of the evening. The artichoke appetizer was very good and the sauce with it was as well. The pesto type sauce they bring with the bread is wonderful. Would like to take a couple of bottles home. Definitely can share a steak if you both like it the same way. As mentioned before, the sides are big enough to share among two or three people. Some very reasonably priced choices for wine by the glass. Will definitely come back on the next visit to PV!

“Incredible”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in many fine steakhouses in the US and I can honestly say that this was the best I've ever had. We were 4 people and ordered the "special cut". I don't know what cut of meat it was but it couldn't have been any softer or tastier. We even had some left over. We had an incredible cheese appetizer, proveleto, that was fabulous. The bread and the dipping sauces were also great. Oh, let's not forget the flan. In other words, this restaurant is a keeper. It will be on my permanent list

The decor and service were also superb. You won't be sorry.

Visited February 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Cava Steak is the one to enjoy!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is probably one of the best steak houses in Puerta Vallrta. I like the atmosphere. I ordered Beef Rib eye cowboy "La Cava Style" which was 275.00 Mexican currency almost equal to USD 25, based on our waiter's suggestion. It was amazingly delicious. though it is not a good picture I provided here, but it was quiet bit appealing and very large. My friend was happy with his bottom sirloin as he wanted low fat steak- if such a thing exists.

• Visited February 2014
CBA88, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Asador La Vaca Argentina, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your comment, hope to see you soon and good that you enjoyed our courts.
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent steak and service”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This isn't our typical dining fare in Mexico but we were all craving a steak so decided to give it a try. Their service was spectacular from the moment we arrived until we walked out the door. The empanada and chorizo appetizers were good if not thoroughly authentic Argentine. Our steaks were all delicious and perfectly cooked as ordered. All three of us ordered from the "mini portions" section of the steak menu so we didn't get their typical gargantuan steaks. The crosscut potatoes and asparagus sides were delicious. If you're craving some red meat in Vallarta this is definitely the place to go.

1 Thank Bruce C