“great pizza”

Encuentros pizza pasta bar lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Encuentros is a space created and designed especially for you to enjoy and relax in a very cozy, casual, warm and friendly atmosphere with true hospitality.
Winnipeg, Canada
“great pizza”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you like a thin crust pizza with a crispy crust, this is the place. Personal size pizza 4 x 12 inches with lots of toppings. Low live background music. Just the place for a quiet outing. Cozy couch areas for a quiet talking gathering.
Best thin crust pizza in PV.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brian L
Ari T, Propietario at Encuentros pizza pasta bar lounge, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you very much Brian for expressing your comments and opinión of Encuentros regarding your recent visit, which are very important to us. We will continue to make our utmost effort to continue to provide a good and positive experience for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming and serving you once again when in Puerto Vallarta, "Mi Casa es Tu Casa". With many many thanks, best regards.

Tualatin, OR
“"Gourmet Pizza"? Encuentros Pizza Pasta Bar Lounge Has It!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

When someone says. "Let's have pizza!", I don't usually get too excited. Pizza isn't something I get huge cravings for very often. But that was before I had deliciously addicting pizza at Encuentros Pizza Pasta Bar Lounge in Puerto Vallarta.

I was recently invited to Encuentros for a friends birthday party. On arrival I was met by Ari, the hands-on owner and creator of Encuentros. Ari and his capable staff made me feel that I was being invited into their home to spend an evening with friends. Our party was seated on cushy couches and over-sized chairs arranged around low tables to create one of several comfy nooks. What a pleasant way to enjoy the cuisine and still visit easily with everyone. There are regular tables for more "traditional" dining and additional seating at the well-stocked bar.

I, and most people in our group, ordered "personal size" pizzas which measure about 4" by 12". Perfect size for one hungry person. Extra hungry? Order another. They aren't expensive. Or go for a full sized pizza to share. The extensive pizza/pasta selections on the menu are happily adjusted to suit your specific tastes using only the very freshest local ingredients Ari shops for daily. The crust is thin, crispy and so satisfyingly crunchy. The mouth-watering toppings are a fusion of traditional and exotic flavors that are nothing short of spectacular. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh! Gourmet Pizza! And any combination of these delicious ingredients can also be tossed with yummy pasta if you prefer.

My friend and I had been cautioned that once we tried Encuentros pizzas we would have cravings for them. It's so true! We tried (unsuccessfully!!!) to pace ourselves... and "only" ate there 5 or 6 times in about a month. Our cravings, hers for The Venetian and mine for La Chueca, continue now that we are back in the US. Luckily, I'm going back to PV with my 18 year old granddaughter and her friend in about 4 weeks. One of our first stops will definitely be Encuentros.

Give it a try. Please. Experience GREAT pizza! In my opinion Encuentros makes the BEST PIZZA EVER...including any I've had in Italy!

Other pluses at Encuentros include affordability, Happy Hour (6 to 8 PM), daily specials on foods and drinks, varied wine and beer selections, full bar service, A/C, WiFi, etc. Cash Only.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank KatSTualatin_OR
Absolutely not enough words "KatSTualatin" to sincerely THANK YOU so so very much for your comments, opinión and expressions regarding Encuentros and your recent dining experiences, where my "please make yourself at home" greeting is always genuine and heart-felt. Nothing in life tastes the same without passion and it is our passion for what we do at Encuentros, and comments like yours, that motivate and encourage us to continue working in innovating and in maintaining our highest standards of food and beverage quality, service, personal attention and attention to detail. A truly very heart-felt thank you for your feelings for what we do and really very much looking forward to welcoming you again to this your home, "Mi Casa es Tu Casa", and having once again the opportunity to serving you as you so well deserve. Please receive my best and most kindest regards, with many many thanks.
Vancouver
“Tasty food with decent pricing”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love Italian food so I was happy to go here with some friends one night. I think we all enjoyed our meals. Seating is a little uncomfortable but that seems to be the case all over. I would definitely return here for pizza or pasta.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank screweduproyal
Many thanks for your comments and kind opinión regarding your recent visit to Encuentros and we look forward to welcoming you again when in Puerto Vallarta, please do rest assured that we will do our utmost effort to provide you with a much more comfortable sitting arrangement in order for you to have a 100% good dining experience. Thank you kindly for taking the time to express your comments and please receive our best regards with many thanks.
Apple Valley
“Good atmosp[here and food”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I really enjoyed the pizza..I can't eat red sauce so they made it with garlic and olive oil as the base..very good..my husband had 4 cheese pasta that he enjoyed..They had piano music that made the atmosphere very enjoyable. The prices were also very reasonable

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank traveler881
Thank you very much "traveler8" for taking the time to write and for expressing your kind opinion regarding your dinining experience at Encuentros. "Mi Casa es Tu Casa" and when in Puerto Vallarta again we very much look forward to once again welcome you at Encuentros and accommodate to your needs. With many thanks and best regards.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Best pizza and pasta in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Encuentros serves up the most delicious pasta and pizzas in a more elegant (yet relaxed) setting. Choose from comfortable sofas and sitting areas for friends to gather, or at the bar where you might have the joy of conversing with Nazarius who is articulate, pleasant and very welcoming. From 6:00 - 8:00 PM nightly, Encuentros features 2 for 1 drink specials. Ask your server about the nightly bar specials. If you are up late (or until the early morning hours), Encuentros is open until 2:00 AM. My friend Henry and I visited Encuentro several times during our three week visit. We shared bountiful fresh salads, an array of perfectly prepared pizzas and pastas during our stay. We were continually delighted by the warm welcome, attentive service, our conversations with Nararius, and the fresh (and flavorful) food.
Susan from Massachusetts

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank SusanMc2014
Not enough words Susan to THANK YOU for your comments and opinión regarding your dining experiences at Encuentros during your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta. The satisfaction of our guests in all áreas is truly our utmost concern and interest and we shall continue working in maintaining our high standards of food and beverage quality, service and personal attention with sincere passion. Thank you for having taken the time to write and we look forward to once again welcome you during your next visit to Puerto Vallarta. Nazario has read your kind comments, sending you his best and warmest regards. With many thanks, "Mi Casa es Tu Casa", also with best and kindest regards.