“Interesting”

Puerto Vallarta Day Tours
Ranked #86 of 187 Tours in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta Day Tours is there with you every step of the way. We have hand-picked the best tours and offer them at competitive prices. We are the only company that offers you a 100% Quality Assurance Policy! You can feel secure in knowing that with over 30 years of experience, we are able to guide our customers into making the right choices to create their dream vacation.
Big Spring, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was a tour of old puerta vallarta. It covered a walking tour of the boardwalk (Malacon) with sculptures facing the bay of banderas. Beautiful scenery. Tour guide gave history of sculptures, takes you past the short lighthouse. Then takes you to the old Catholic Church. It is an old very ornate church. A must see. Then you go to gringo gulch, have a short stop in a nice silver jewerly store. From there you go to the flea market. Time to haggle. Then on the bus for a long ride into mountains. You have lunch where zip line ends. Off to the tequila tasting. Then bus ride back to your hotel

Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
“boat trip was noisy, bad food and dishonest company”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

There are cheaper and better companies out there doing the same tours, Puerto vallarta tours, etc, go with any but this one. The owner Ventura is dishonest and we had a really bad experience.

You can see by the responses on the other reviewers that he's defensive and obviously has something to hide.

The boat trip was very very noisy, they speak in spanish most of the trip and through extremely loud speakers, so loud you cant hear the ocean, you might as well be at a club.
The food is really bad, stale bread sandwiches and very cheap for what you pay in mexico.
The music is like a club, very loud, very spring break like.

The bus service from this company is also not punctual. by not just a few minutes more like 30-45mins, even when they give you a time you must all be there by.
Very shady behaviour overall.

I'd advice to go elsewhere for any services from this company / wedidyourhomework

Visited February 2014
VenturaPV, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Day Tours, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Its so obvious this person is with the same group that complained down below... Hello New York New York. Look I have been in Tourism in Puerto Vallarta for almost a decade now and i will let my record speak for itself. In all the time that i have been here in Vallarta you are the only unsatisfied customers that Ive had to deal with in maybe 7 years!!! so travelers that see this post can see the common denominator, yep you guessed it its you. All she had to say is that she wanted a private boat!! She never did!!! so know its our fault:{ so sorry mind reading is not one of our Strong points! And yes it does bother me that hateful people like you exist because i strive in giving our visitors only the best!!! And then here comes along some people that try to ruin years of hard work with there HATE Mail! God Bless You.
Los Angeles, California
“Biggest scammer ever! Made me lose hope in humanity. Gives Mexico a even worse bad reputation.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My friend booked a private boat for her wedding weekend for all her guests. They charged her the price of a private boat and when we all arrived there. He said "sorry we ran out of private boat. Come back another day or just go and we will pay for it." Well we had the worst time ever. It was so crowded, so loud and the food was horrendous. It was so sad to see my friend blaming herself and we all tried to act like we were having a great time. The best part? My friend contacted them for the refund they promised, and conveniently the owner got "let go" there won't be a refund. Please don't support people like this!!!

Visited February 2014
VenturaPV, Manager at Puerto Vallarta Day Tours, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
This is what your email to us says!
how long does it take to go to marietas island? as I am not sure we have 8 hours to spare, maybe 7..
"can you describe a good tour that includes seeing marietas and maybe some other things along the way?" Here you ask us to pick a tour for you!! not one email did you ever ask for PRIVATE!

will there be a few kayaks also on boat so some people can do that when we get off around marietas?"

if we want to book, how does payment work?

thanks so much!
what is your name?

lislie

Then you asked for our advice on picking a tour for you... So we picked one for you at a very discounted Price The tour you went on gave you exactly what you asked for! Never was the word Private requested or used. We have video and picture's of your whole group smiling eating drinking and having a wonderful time on this tour. You were told before boarding boat that it was not Private and you still chose to board all 54 people on a 70USD tour that your group was only charged 45USD per person. We also have all your signatures before you got on the boat that Say's you agreed to everything and everything that was promised was given. Plus you saved hundreds of dollars on the free transportation we provided Your entry fee was also paid for!! so our legal offices have decided that you have no case and you are a very ungrateful person. After all its your fault for not being clear on what it is that you wanted.
New York City, New York
“scammed and lied to continuously on my wedding weekend!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

BEWARE everyone looking to book tours, DO NOT book with puerto vallarta day tours. Ventura, the owner, scammed me into thinking I was getting a private boat where I could plan my own itinerary when he decided the minute we had to board, to tell me that the boat is not private. He then apologized and said the whole trip is on him because he felt 'so bad'. He knew all along what I was looking for and made sure that I was lead to believe everything was good until the last second, when you cannot turn to other companies so you will be forced to just go.... RUINED my entire wedding weekend. When I returned and contacted the company, he pretended to be 'sonia' and told me ventura was let go (ventura is the founder of puerto vallarta day tours) all in all, he kept lying even after we returned, of course I never got a refund. I ended up, overpaying for a tour where we were stuffed onto a boat like sardines, fed disgusting food and 'open bar' was only half the trip. music was too loud, you could barely talk.. trust me people, they will scam who they can, go with many other reputable tours out there!!!

Visited February 2014
This is the customer's email not only asking us to pick there tour for them but never not once mentioned in all email that they wanted private! Thats why you get a wedding planned and not try to do everything yourself!! The scammer's are you guys for going on the trip and then trying to get your money back!!! you should have never boarded the boat! Here is the customersemail.
"how long does it take to go to marietas island?" as I am not sure we have 8 hours to spare, maybe 7..

if we want to book, how does payment work?

thanks so much!
what is your name?

lislie

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Puerto Vallarta City Tour, Superior Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was a good tour, to a beautiful place, only spoilt by squashing 14 of us plus the driver and guide into a small van.

We started in the hills at the botanical gardens - very interesting and peaceful. Be warned, only when we got there we were advised we should have full protection from mosquitos! Not to worry - they had creams and gels for sale to sort out that problem. After that, we visited the Tequila distillery for an explanation and major tasting. We could purchase supplies from their shop.

We went on to a wonderful restaurant called Chico's Paradise for lunch. The views across the valley and river were spectacular with 11 zip-lines around us providing much entertainment. Off to the old town next to explore the cobbled stone area, then a lovely walk on the Malecon, a modern clean promenade next to the sea, with bronze statues to see and restaurants/shops to visit along the way.

This was a beautiful place - just a shame the tour company did not provide a larger van/bus for our group.

Visited January 2014