“Good food clunky service”
Review of Embarcadero - CLOSED

Embarcadero
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Embarcadero restaurant is uniquely designed to create a casual, original and relaxed atmosphere, where our guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience at an affordable price. Our restaurant is situated on Francisca Rodriguez #137 B. Colonia Emiliano Zapata. In the hearth of the Old Town/Romantic zone and just a few steps to downtown Puerto Vallarta. Featuring the signature “Fresh Menu” highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to traditional Mexican dishes, steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. Embarcadero´s commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered. Embarcadero focuses on a true spirit of hospitality, where every guest is treated like family.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very stiff greeting by maître d, sat us in the very back, which at first I wasn't happy about, but later when the mariachis with their very loud singing and trumpets came by, I was glad to be a little further back.
Good menu, my steak was cooked perfectly and was tender, and the shrimp were large and very flavorful.
Service wasn't terrible, it was just not as good as the food. About $60.00 American (no alcohol) for two people.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My partner and I (year round residence) had seen an advert for this place advertising a 3 course meal for 12 USD in the Gay PV magazine sometime back and had asked to see if they would honor it again as we had success the first time when I took my Aunt and Uncle to this place back in December. At first the server (who was very nice and constantly smiled, "which we did like") said that it was a coupon that you had to have, but he would check with his manager. I assured him that there was no coupon the last time we were at the restaurant (for dinner), but yes, please ask his manager. After the manager conversed with two others in the back of the restaurant regarding the situation, he came over and told us that the special that was advertised previously was no longer available, and that it was actually a lunch menu item. I had told him that I had it in December for dinner (which was not a bad experience) and he honored it then, but he reconfirmed that it was NOT available anymore (probably because of the price increases that we noticed on the menu recently). We proceeded to order our full "overpriced" meals, and eat them silently, while observing the manager bypass our table and did not ask our how our meal was (not once) during or after when we were finished. I thought it peculiar on a previous reviewers "manager's response" that he responded like this,

From Manager....."We always ask everyone how their dinner is to avoid any disappointments or bad reviews. By bringing it to the attention of the manager or server, at least they could have corrected any error that may have occurred and provided you with something else."

even though I did not observe this in my families experience (my partner and I had brought both of our parents there for their last dinner experience in Puerto Vallarta). When we rose up to leave the restaurant, not a word was said by the manager, or any of his staff for myself or my family to have a nice evening, or thank you for coming (even though we just spent over $1000 pesos in this place). Needless to say, I don't think we will be back.

3  Thank John R
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The shrimp tacos are super good as well as the shrimp cocktail. Lots of locals eat here and they are not wrong!

1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Actually I had BBQ ribs there one night and they were perfect. You can eat right on the sandy beach or inside on the deck. Great sot to atch the sun set too. We have eaten there several times and have not been disappointed.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

A group of 14 friends ate here to celebrate a birthday birthday. Separate bills by couple were required....no problemo to our Jonathan Winters look-alike server, who provided prompt, accurate service to this rambunctious group, smiling through it all!! Food was delicious - fresh , and in large portions! Margueritas were great and served promptly.
A wonderful evening!!