“Another Great Meal”
Review of Embarcadero - CLOSED

Embarcadero
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Embarcadero restaurant is uniquely designed to create a casual, original and relaxed atmosphere, where our guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience at an affordable price. Our restaurant is situated on Francisca Rodriguez #137 B. Colonia Emiliano Zapata. In the hearth of the Old Town/Romantic zone and just a few steps to downtown Puerto Vallarta. Featuring the signature “Fresh Menu” highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to traditional Mexican dishes, steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. Embarcadero´s commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered. Embarcadero focuses on a true spirit of hospitality, where every guest is treated like family.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for dinner again last night and it is still a great experience! She had the fettuccine with shrimp and my small taste was great and she agreed. I mixed several appetizers including tortilla soup, crispy beef tacos and a salad and they were all superb. The service from David was as good and friendly as our last visit, the bloody mary was excellent as was my wife's margarita. This place rocks!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great restaurant but a little spicy. The atmosphere was perfect. It is indeed a "hole in the wall" restaurant. There are very few tables. When we were there only three were occupied. The wait-staff is just great. They are very attentive, but not too much so. Food was delivered within a short time, and was presented very nicely. For us Americans it was just a little spicy overall, but very enjoyable. We recommend it for a very leisurely and un-rushed dinner. You will enjoy it. The owner is a great guy and told us they are planning to open up another restaurant very soon in the immediate area.

Embarcaderopv M, Owner at Embarcadero, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review, however I am a little confused regarding your comment about spicy food. The only item on our menu that’s considered spicy is the diabla sauce, if this is what you had. In order for anything else on the menu to be spicy it would have to be accompanied with a condiment or other sauce on the side. More than 50% of our clients are Americans and this is a first. Please allow me to assist you the next time you visit us so I can recommend something that may be more pleasurable.

Ken Tanasy
Chef/Owner Embarcadero

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant a couple of days ago on the basis of the reviews on trip advisor as one of the best fish restaurants in PV. Whilst there was only one fish option on the menu we decided to give it a go.

My fiancé's fish came out as tough as old boots,very dry so sent it back and asked for a replacement. The second version seemed to be as tough and took an age to cut through,only to realise that it was in fact raw throughout. The wine was also very expensive and very average, but on the plus side the service was friendly.

Embarcaderopv M, Owner at Embarcadero, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I was very sorry to hear about your experience. In the year we’ve been open Embarcadero has never had something like this happen. Although there’s no excuse we did come to the conclusion that faulty equipment had something to do with this dish. Complementing your dinners and providing dessert on the house seemed to be the least we could do to account for one inadequate meal. We hope you give us another try and the opportunity to prove that this was an isolated incident.

Kenneth Tanasy
Chef/Owner Embarcadero

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have traveled to Vallarta off and on for over 22 years, most often staying for a month or two. My last trip this past June, I tried this restaurant with my partner and two friends. I will say that before this, my #1 restaurant was a very popular place on Basilio Badillo that often gets mixed reviews and is very popular with tourists. It was my #1 only because the waitstaff has always been like family and I spent many happy hours there over the years. Well...don't tell the guys at the popular tourist restaurant on Basilio Badillo, but this is my new favorite restaurant. The seafood was delicious, the margarita was wonderful, and the service was classy and sublime. The waiter Leonardo mentioned before was very attentive and funny and took a couple of great photos of our group. The lights in the entrance give the place a feeling of enchantment. I wish them all the success the world. This really was the best restaurant on my too short trip this past June!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We "discovered" this gem about a year ago. Have returned many times. The food and service are always superb. Met the owner this time. Great guy. Everything on the menu is incredible. Put this on the top of your restaurant list. You will not be disappointed.