“New kid on the block”
Review of Embarcadero - CLOSED

Embarcadero
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Embarcadero restaurant is uniquely designed to create a casual, original and relaxed atmosphere, where our guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience at an affordable price. Our restaurant is situated on Francisca Rodriguez #137 B. Colonia Emiliano Zapata. In the hearth of the Old Town/Romantic zone and just a few steps to downtown Puerto Vallarta. Featuring the signature “Fresh Menu” highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to traditional Mexican dishes, steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. Embarcadero´s commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered. Embarcadero focuses on a true spirit of hospitality, where every guest is treated like family.
Niagara on the Lake
“New kid on the block”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The above restaurant just opened this season. We are always willing to try new restaurants on our annual visit to Puerto Vallarta. This place was very good indeed. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. The place also has a very pleasant ambience. The food was also extremely good. I had Mahi Mahi . A well known fish variety in this region. It was beautifully prepared with just the right amount of food. I dislike intensely restaurants that serve super size portions which to me are as bad as undersized ones.

We will likely return to this restaurant during our stay here.

Chatham
“Nice place in romantic zone”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice little place in the romantic zone of PV. Very small and in the season reservations are a must. The place is owned by an American experienced restauranteur and his Mexican wife.Good value and the service is very efficient.Because the place is so small they tend to rush you out. Bring ear plugs because the noise level is deafening.3 1/2 ***.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“The House of Blue Lights”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This new restaurant in Puerto Vallarta on the street to our new Pier was disappointing after hearing many friends rave about it. I found the menu unimaginative and the food expensive.
The service was fine. Not on my list to return to particularly. However, my partners dish was better than mine & I ended up sharing it with her. Still at this price I will not return.

world traveler
“Good food, servings getting smaller, but great service and value”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice, small quiet near the new Los Muertos Pier. Lenardo the waiter is Fantastic. Servings generous . Well cooked !!! You get your money's worth but the servings are not as large as they were when they opened but still good. Nice decore. NOW LOUD. Lovely soft guitar on CD. Can talk and eat. Fast friendly service. Good napkins, good wine choice. Reasonable value.

Visited March 2013
Embarcaderopv M, Owner at Embarcadero, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Regarding your review, I’m a little confused when you say the servings are not as large as when we opened but very generous? The prices on our menu are systematically compiled by weight and the market price. We have never changed the amount of food we plate since we opened. I will say that if a dish is served with 14 shrimp and the market price jumps considerably the same dish may consist of 12 shrimp. The qualities of ingredients we use regarding seafood, steak or pasta are superior to what you may get at most other restaurants in the same price range. I haven’t had anyone ever complain about the amount of food we serve.

Kenneth Tanasy C.E.C.
Chef / Proprietor Embarcadero
Puerto Vallarta
“Good food small space”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It is easy to miss the restaurant. It is small. There is limited seating and the space is cozy. If you are looking for an elegant setting, this is not your place. There were people waitng to be seated as we left. i would recommend making reservations. I had the Portuguez stuffed shrimp special and my wife had the shrimp assortment from the menu. The special came with a well made dinner salad and special sauce. The shrimp diable was a little to picante for my wife, but she loved the breaded and garlic shrimp. The stuffed shrimp was very good. The vegetable side was good and not just an afterthought. They served cheese cake for dessert.
The service was prompt and attentive. We plan to return.