“A Magical Place & Extraordinary Property”

Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel
San Francisco, CA
“A Magical Place & Extraordinary Property”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This fairy tale come to life villa would be a gem in any city in the world. Its location in the romantic zone of PV just afront the Rio Cuale makes it all the more enchanting. Each cozy & meticulously appointed room is a veritable work of art with floor to ceiling mosaics, tile work, and exquisite paintings. The relaxing indoor dipping pool where raindrops cascade & form a waterfall above you is a must experience. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi terrace are a perfect spot to destress and take in the surrounding views of the verdant mountains and picturesque Bay of Banderas. No detail is overlooked, the lovely Chayo accommodates every whim, and Alex and Diego, make certain every need is met. Providing plenty to do or just letting you be, to relax and take in this poetic place. To miss the Rivera del Rio while visiting PV, would be like falling asleep and not having a beautiful dream.

Room Tip: Every room has its own particular charm. Happy to report there are no duplicates here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sfsolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Reviewed August 18, 2013

OK so... First of all, this marvelous villa is on the perfect location of Puerto Vallarta you honestly can walk anywhere you want; you have the beach, the market, the amazing pear (malecon) and all of the night clubs like 5 minutes away. The Villa is absolutely breathtaking beautiful, I think the first thing you see walking in are the amazing hand painted artistically walls. Every single bed suits perfectly for two. The bathrooms (OMG the bathrooms) I'm very picky when it comes to where I shower, but thees... (Its like your doing a music video in the bath tub perfect) every bed room has its own shower, bath tub, and toilet. every morning I remember seeing Chayo one of the staff making exquisite breakfast for everyone. After breakfast everyone would go get ready and head out. Walking out just to see the river with all the flora and fauna. The weather is great even when it rains, its all a show since its near to the mountains. On the after noon's we would make a reservation with Monica the angel healing hands masseuse, who would leave us floating in a deep dream of relaxation when she finished. Then we would jump in the pool & the Jacuzzi, maybe fix ourselves some cocktails so we could start the night. If your the chillax type of person who likes to stay in and take it easy while still relaxing and having the benefits that you would have at home... (This villa is for you). If you the adventure person who loves to party and have a good time... (This villa is also for you). Check out the pics of the place https://www.facebook.com/RiveradelRioPV/photos_albums its just unbelievable!! I'ts worth paying every single penny. You just have to live it to believe it!! I recommend this place 150% I will be going back very soon with Alex and all the friendly people there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mitchell G
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Prior to this trip I had never visited Mexico, nor had any desire to. I heard about this new place from a friend who said that I needed to check it out... I flew there on a Friday to spend the weekend, and ended up leaving on a Tuesday... it was MUCH too soon to leave!

The hotel was amazing, on a tour of it, each room proved to be unique and the variety suited many different needs. Each room was beautiful, and the setup of the property was unique and fun.

The location in Old Vallarta is short walking distance from gorgeous beaches, and many great restaurants and bars. You are able to escape the resort atmosphere and feel like you are tucked away in this little gem with the locals.

The staff were excellent, great breakfast EVERY morning by Chayo, which they will also deliver to your room if you desire. And Monica, the staff masseuse, is extremely talented and highly recommended.

In my opinion, this is the ONLY place to stay in Vallarta, I will be going back very soon!s

Room Tip: Each room is so different, make sure to view the different rooms on the website, and pick one that b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brian N
Calgary
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Located in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, Rivera Del Rio is a charming property within walking distance of everything. The rooms are fabulous and well equipped. The service the staff provided was excellent. The owner is extremely helpful and has created a work of art with Rivera Del Rio. The beds are very comfortable and the decor in each room is unlike anything you have ever seen. The pool and jacuzzi are fantastic and offer a stunning view of Puerto Vallarta. My stay at Rivera Del Rio was exceptional, I can't wait to go back ! If you are looking for a luxurious hideaway with all amenities at your fingertips Rivera Del Rio will not dissapoint.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank speedybubble
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This property is amazing. I first stayed over the Christmas holiday and could not believe my eyes. The decor is even better than the photos show. I stayed in the Green Room with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced in a hotel. The staff was incredible and attentive and Chayo cooked my made to order breakfast every morning. No time limit on breakfast like most B&B's.. I could have my breakfast whatever time I decided to awake. You must see the mother of perl jacuzzi.. it is a piece of art. The location is perfect, complete access to Old Town, Zona Romantica is just steps away. I have stayed in many hotels in Puerto Vallarta and none measure up to Rivera Del Rio. This is a hidden gem on the River Cuale.. not to be missed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Talbot R
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Rivera del Rio stay was definitely my most unique and intimate visit to P Vallarta ever. No place in the city can quite compare to this gem. The design of this boutique extraordinaire setting offers fantastic colour, priceless decoration and style. The service and staff were of equal finesse, and very personal and accommodating to all my needs. They could not do 'enough' to make my visit so special. Its location, slightly away from the typical noisy hotel district central to the town, gives you a 100% peaceful environment. Yet, you are close enough to easily access, in a few minutes, all your nightly desires and day time ventures and beach life. The pricing is outstanding for this new establishment. Enjoy it now while its still under priced for its fantastic value. Once this great place gets known, costs will undoubtedly rise and bookings will become less easy to make. Its destined to become a famous favourite of PV. Its a deal in every aspect! You will certainly adore it like me... and wish to come back again and again.!

Room Tip: I saw various rooms. Each was unique in decoration and design. Sizing was great in those I saw!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank westinmex
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a trip to PV to celebrate our anniversary. We began our trip with a stay at the Rivera del Rio. Upon arrival, the housekeeper/cook/jack (jill?)-of-all-trades Chayo prepared fresh guacamole and margaritas for us to enjoy in the gorgeous lobby. We were then greeted by Tal, who spent about 30 minutes talking with us and giving us a tour of the property. We had booked the Maria room, but upon hearing it was our anniversary, Tal was kind enough to upgrade us to the Candelaria suite. Candelaria was incredible, but having seen all of the rooms, I can honestly say there isn't a bad option in the bunch. Each is unique, beautiful, and comfortable.

It rained pretty much nonstop for the first 24 hours of our stay, but the room was so comfortable and the staff so welcoming that it wasn't a huge loss. If anything, it gave us an excuse to stay and enjoy the building, and the rain made the feel of the place even more romantic. I loved the neighborhood and felt very safe walking around--you are surrounded by small businesses and neighbors grilling out on the banks of the Rio Cuale. Some travelers who are accustomed to more 'traditional' luxury hotels might be concerned upon arrival at the property, since the outside is very modest and you would miss it if not looking for the sign (our taxi driver had no idea where we were headed and became confused when we turned onto the dirt road). But once inside all qualms disappear--the facilities are simply stunning.

We spent time at both the pool and rooftop hot tub. Both are fantastic! The hot tub is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was so relaxing to sit up there at night and look over the twinkling lights of the city. And the pool is very refreshing, with plenty of space to lounge and even a bar area for mixing drinks. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and I thoroughly enjoyed practicing my Spanish with Chayo (she even showed me pictures of all her beautiful kiddos on her phone). We also enjoyed visiting with other guests, and got lots of good ideas about things to do around town in the process. We had no trouble with water from the tap, and routinely filled our water bottles right from the bathroom sink. The air conditioning in our room worked great, which is very important in PV in the summer. It was so refreshing to come in from a long day out in the heat and humidity, take a shower, turn on the AC, and collapse into the comfy bed.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys an off-the-beaten-path travel experience, but does not want to sacrifice comfort. The Rivera del Rio is more like staying in a luxurious residence than a hotel, and the warm staff made this an unforgettable experience!

P.S. It would be an UNREAL wedding venue. We were joking with Tal that we want to get married again so we can have a wedding in this beautiful setting!

Room Tip: Each room is gorgeous and unique, so it depends on what you're looking for. We stayed in Candela...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple