“Alice in Wonderland Meets The Night of the Iguana”

Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel
Camrose
“Alice in Wonderland Meets The Night of the Iguana”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This property has the charm of an authentic elegant mexican casa combined with visions from a fairy tale dream. The rooms are decorated with whimsical elegance like nothing I have seen before!! The claw footed tubs, colonial door locks and spiral staircases had me looking for a secret passageway to a far off place. I was fortunate to get a tour of most of the property and each suite and room is amazing with its own seperate design. The pool upstairs with a trendy bar is a great place to meet for a cocktail then take the last spiral staircase to the terrace where you will find a hottub with a breathtaking view of downtown PV. The creative and unique room designs and decor is not a replacement for high quality amenties. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the air conditioniong provided perfect sleeping conditions. The staff is prompt and courteus greating you with a delicious margarita and chips n guacomole. I would certainly recommend this unique property to anyone looking for something different. Thanks Alex you have a good thing going. All the best!!

Room Tip: Each of the 4 suites and 4 rooms are so unique and different that you will want to come back to expe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Corey K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
vancouver-eh!
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this beautiful and charming B&B and enjoyed every minute of it. Although very pretty from the outside, the interior made my jaw drop. From the decor, to the small pool in the living area, to the gorgeous views from the roof top terrace (with a heated jaccuzzi) our stay at Rivera del Rio was incredible. Each room was decorated differently, and the beds are very comfortable. It is a nice and quiet neighborhood, yet you can walk to Olas Altas in about 10-15 minutes. In the mornings we were treated to fresh orange juice, coffee and a delicious breakfast from the friendly staff. The owner Alex always made sure we were taken care of, and was a pleasure to be around. We highly recommend staying at Rivera del Rio, and we know we will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shantini
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This beautifully renovated B&B is stunning! We had the privilege of getting a grand tour and the entire structure has an incredible ambiance and each room is exquisitely decorated. Our room had an extremely comfortable bed with flat screen tv and air-conditioning. The spacious and ornate bathroom even "Wow"ed us. On the top level there is an awesome swimming pool and hot tub. And yes, there is a bar up there if you need a cocktail! It would also be a great place for larger gatherings or a "Murder Mystery Weekend".

Our host, Alex, was incredibly hospitable and had plenty of suggestions of things to do while in PV. The breakfast options were awesome, too! I recommend the Huevos Rancheros and Chilaquiles.

Do yourself a favor and stay here. It's very close to the beach and right in the heart of the festive Puerto Vallarta nightlife. We left our hotel when we found this hidden gem called the Rivera del Rio and even extended our stay in Puerto Vallarta an extra day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dominick D
Alexander A, Owner at Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
We are still working on our Murder Mystery event! You'll have to come back before we have it and inspire us with your amazing imagination!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a beautifully restored villa that has a 50's Hollywood chic feel. It really is a unique home. It has four substantial suites along with four substantial rooms, a pool deck and large jacuzzi on the top that are common areas. The main living room has a long, narrow pool called "healin waters". This also has the main kitchen and dining areas. All the rooms are beautifully decorated. What I love about this place is that you feel you are in a home and not a hotel. The staff help in that feeling. I tried all the breakfast choices over the week and was never disappointed. They were home cooked meals and not restaurant style. The owner, Alex Andriadis has created a unique vacation experience. I will definitely be back and stay here.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. Alejandro is on the top with the best views. You sleep under a palapa. Smal...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darryl M
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for a month while attending yoga teacher training in Puerto Vallarta. I could not be more pleased. I felt like I was in Venice, Italy. The decor and building is what you imagine in your dreams. The staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. It is right on a beautiful flowing river and minutes walking distance from the beach. It is in a wonderful location. I walked everywhere. The rooms in the hotel are unimaginable. Everything is magnificently done, from the detailed paintings on the walls, to the unique bathrooms and tubs. I will definitely go back to this hotel. I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Puerto Vallarta, in a heart beat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Chelsea W
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Rivera del Rio last April. I was in desperate need of a tropical getaway. I had the best 2 weeks of my life! The Rivera del Rio is breathtaking. The decor of the hotel is truly unique- unlike anything I had ever seen! I stayed in the penthouse suite. You will indulge in the breathtaking views of Puerto Vallarta! All of your stress will melt away. It is minutes from the beach and all the cool shops and bars downtown. I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Rivera Del Rio! If you are with another person or with a large group, you will have the time of your life. Don't forget to ask the owner Alex for ideas about where to go in the city. He is an expert on the attractions in the city. STAY HERE! Beautiful city, gorgeous hotel, fabulous service!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends