“Good food. Service somewhat slow”

Los Arbolitos Restaurant
Ranked #341 of 1,036 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We open every day from 1:00m pm to 11:00 pm that the kitchen closes and after that you can stay and enjoy your evening with great music and drinks until 12:00 pm.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal. However felt the wait staff was very young and untrained. They did not really let us know the status of our meals when it seemed we were waiting a long time. Once the meals came, the food was very good.

There are newer reviews for Los Arbolitos Restaurant

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went in Dec and was disappointed. Food quality was not there. Had friends in town, so after reading the tripadvisor comments, thought I would give it one more try. This restaurant failed in the food quality. The staff were falling all over themselves being nice, and atmosphere is ok. The prices are average compared to other Mexican restaurants, although the portions are small, which includes the size of their margaritas. FYI to anyone ordering Fajitas. Don't expect grilled, I received some sort of stewed chicken in sauce with a few onions. Sorry, but bottom line, there are so many good Mexican restaurants to choose from, to return to an average at best one.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

we celebrated Valentines Day with friends at this restaurant, which had a Valentines special added to the regular menu. Great food and served well. A small trio was circulating the tables and added to the ambience. We love the setting of this place and I'm sure when everyone realizes it is open again it will be crowded . There were a couple of empty tables , but with the economy most restaurants seem to be feeling the pinch. We will return..

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have been eating here since our first trip to Vallarta over twenty years ago. It was family owned and run. We came to know them all and looked forward to our annual meal there, it became our place for Valentines Day dinner. We were happy to hear it had reopened and came with high hopes. First, we had called for reservations requesting seating by the rail. We did not get that and the smoke of other dinners became annoying.

They were playing American rock, ZZ Top who I have nothing against, when I asked if they has something more local, they happily changed it to Mexican music. It was a little dark and a candle or two would have been nice but we survived.

Every place I have eaten in PV sets down a bowl of chips and some salsa, not here. When the gaucamole came, it was with a tiny bowl of chips. My husband and I had re snapper fillets, very, very good.

Service had some rough moments but I hope they continue to work at it. It has been a wonderful place to come for a great meal in a warm and cozy atmosphere, I hope they can recapture some of that magic.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The restaurant is located near the intersection of Calle Lazaro Cardenas and Calle La Rivera. If you walk up Calle Lazara Cardenas, just turn to your right before you cross the river bridge. The Restaurant does have different management and they are apparently still working out some of the kinks in service, but the servers were very attentive. The food is great and reasonably priced. (I miss the assortment of peppers and salsa that used to come with the chips, and the fishbowl sized glasses for the limonada). But I was not disappointed by the chimichanga. Made me want to slap the cook at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Atlanta. It was excellent! The tortilla soup was also well above par for most of the restaurants I've tried in Puerto Vallarta. Definitely worth a walk up the street, and the walk back will do you some good after all that food.

1  Thank SouthernTrvlr