“Amazing Wedding weekend”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cameron C
“Amazing Wedding weekend”
Reviewed December 19, 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

What an amazing place to be! We had 17 rooms between Villas 1 and 2 and 33 people stay for our wedding weekend two weeks ago. We arrived on Wednesday and right away our party were on their phones taking pictures of the amazing views from one of the pools or the terrace. I did not think the place is rundown at all as a previous reviewer said. Everything is in great condition and all rooms were great!

Before you go, you send a grocery list over with the food and alcohol you want. This could not have been an easier process and all the food we had made for us was wonderful. Each meal we had was extremely good and of course margaritas are amazing as well (ask them to make the best spicy margarita in Mexico!) as everything is made fresh and right in front of you by the amazing cook with help from the rest of the staff. And the staff! Roger, Aaron, Jorge, and the rest of the team are all 5 star! They are always right there to attend to anything you need and some of the friendliest people you will meet. I am sure Roger is still hearing me call his name in his dreams, but he was always right there to take care of us or make a fresh batch of margaritas. I seriously cannot thank the staff enough and our whole party felt like they were at a 5 star resort with the level of service.

We had our wedding on December 9th, 2017 and it was all we had hoped for and more. If you are thinking of having a wedding in Puerto Vallarta, this is the place to do it! On the website, they suggest Kelley Kahrhoff for a wedding coordinator. We went with her and are so thankful we did. She is absolutely amazing, but I will leave the review for her on the wedding websites if you want more information! Of course you cannot beat the views for the wedding backdrop, but Kelley transformed the rest of the areas to make our night the wedding of the year for all those who attended!

We were sad to have to leave but have a ton of memories to last a lifetime in the nights we were at Casa Azul Profundo. Thank you to Simon, Roger and the rest of the staff for an unforgettable weekend, and we cannot wait to come back!

Your age range 25-34
Dec 21, 2017
Cameron thank you so much for your nice comments. I am glad your wedding exceeded your expectations.
I knew you couldn’t go wrong with Kelley since she is so familiar with our place. I really lost count on how many wedding she has organized at the villa and it gets better every time.
Roger, Aroon and the rest of the staff dis also enjoy your stay and they told me you were extremely nice and generous with them as well so that is much appreciated.
We hope to see you back soon Cameron and happy holidays for you and your family.
dnneal1
Detroit, Michigan
“Beautiful location, fabulous staff, villa needs alot of work.”
Reviewed November 26, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

This villa is in a beautiful location, spectacular views, and the staff of Roger, Aaron, and Celina cannot be beat. However, the entire villa is desperate need of maintenance, updates, and a deep cleaning. At least three of the 11 bedrooms had no hot water even after reporting it 4 times. Many others have very little more than a trickle from the shower. At least one of the bedrooms' AC did not work, and for those with working AC, we had no idea how to control it. Many rooms had missing light bulbs, or lamps/sockets that did not work even after bulbs were changed. Chandeliers have missing bulbs and/or shades, or shades that are old cracked and dirty. The pool is in need of a thorough cleaning as well. Bedroom #9 has a shower right next to the toilet, there is no enclosure for the shower so everything gets soaked and the floor becomes perilously slippery necessitating putting towels on the floor for when you risk a cold shower. The towel bar in this room is also broken and falls off the wall.
The kitchen is filthy and desperately needs updating, painting and some way of being closed off from the open veranda to prevent the nightly raccoon visits. The powder room off of the main living space also needs work, the faucet/sink leaked all over the floor. It is apparent the owner is investing time, resources, and money into completing the other half of this property.

The only reason I gave this Three stars is because the staff is extremely friendly, attentive and they work very hard at looking after your every need.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Dec 19, 2017
Dear Dianne,

First of all thanks for your stay and for your detailed review. Reviews like these will always help us to improve so that we can provide a better service for our future guest.

Let me address some of your comments:

About the water: It is correct that we were having some water issues over that week. That has been already taken care of because it had to do with a broken pipe on the street that caused lots of dirt coming in to the showers because of clogged drains. However that just caused that the pressure in the upper rooms was lower than usual, not in the rest of the villa.

In terms of the a/c the issue was with the remote controls; apparently there were 2 missing remote controls and unfortunately I was not informed about that. I apologize for that and those remotes are now there. I also scheduled a maintenance on all the a/c last week.

About the Chandeliers, you are the only one that have mentioned that but I will certainly look into that. And about the kitchen, you probably know that you were one of the last groups using that kitchen since we have a new kitchen and livingroom that you saw in the new terrace space that was also open and available for your group. So the kitchen you are pointing out at won’t be there next year when some of your family members return to the villa.

And sorry about the raccoon you saw there, but in an open kitchen like that that happens from time to time. But that happened because some food was left outside, but on our new kitchen that won’t be an issue since the access will be totally different.

About your comment “It is apparent the owner is investing time, resources, and money into completing the other half of this property” I think it’s not fair. I think you are referring to the new villa I constructed, but that villa has been ready and finished a long time ago and has been rented several times already. As such, I am not sure what you meant with this. The only work I am doing right now is finishing the new villa and livingroom for the villa you stayed at.

Finally Dianne I am glad you pointed out these issues. But as you may have known, I also had some issues with your sister in law who booked the villa on behalf of your group. We had some unilaterally last minute cancelations of some members of your group due to “earthquake threats” and I had to assume the financial cost of that and that caused some friction among us. But I spoke with her this week, we discussed about these comments you made and we also made some agreements moving forward so that this doesn’t happen again with her next corporate trips to my villa moving forward. In this context it is also important to point out that most of the people of your group (and I hope you too) had a great time at the villa and I already know some of them will return so I hope this doesn’t deter you from coming in the future as well and check in person your comments were considered.

In any case, I appreciate again you took the time to write about this and we hope to see you back soon.

Simon
EK674
Raleigh, North Carolina
“10 Year Vow Renewal - PERFECT location”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I don't know where to start! Everything was perfect! From the initial contact with Simon who was very friendly and responsive to the gorgeous villa and AMAZING Staff. We did not want to leave. Roger and his team catered to our every need. If you moved, they were there asking what you needed. They anticipated our every need and the food! OMG, delicious, authentic Mexican every single night. The views from the villa are simply amazing. We all sat on the deck every night taking pictures of the sunset like we'd never seen it before...you just could not get enough. Our renewal ceremony, reception and dinner were perfect. Just as we planned. Everyone's already asking when are we going back! We'll visit again.

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Ellen. Thank you so much for your comments. As I mentioned, we enjoyed very much having you at the villa and we hope to see you back soon!.
Take care.
Simon Marin
blvalente...
New York City, New York
“THE MOST PERFECT SPRING BREAK EVER!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Our week-long trip for our college spring break was amazing...we were so sad to leave!! Every single bedroom was absolutely incredible, the views were stunning, the pool always heated just right, and it was incredibly relaxing but also so convenient when catering to our spring break celebrations. Casa Azul Profundo is an absolutely amazing place---for relaxation, rejuvenation and creating the best memories. I am so thankful that we were able to stay here and have an even better time than our friends on Xtreme Trips (trust me, we compared!!)

The staff was also incredible. Roger became like family during the week, we wish we could bring him back to school with us! Every meal prepared, every snack we wanted, every drink made, all clean towels, spotless rooms and cozy beds...anything we wanted was right there. The security outside the villa at night was also great...sometimes we even felt more safe here than back at school. Roger made us feel so safe, always monitoring our schedule, knowing what we wanted to do or eat before we even thought about it ourselves. He was the highlight of our trip, and we have made plans to reunite here with him in upcoming years!

Juan was also an amazing driver. He waited for us always whenever we left the villa, and made sure we were safe upon arrival back home. At night, he would stay until he was certain that we had unlocked the door and gotten inside. Talking with him as he drove us around was a treat, learning his story and realizing how much he cared that we were safe and secure.

I can only hope that every other group in the future, including spring break groups, have as amazing of an experience as we did. Roger, Juan and us girls became very close on this trip and we owe all of our enjoyment to them both! Thank you so much Simon!!!!

Gaille S
Sydney
“A 60th Birthday to remember”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in November 2016

2 years ago the planning began for our friends 60th. 26 people coming together from across the globe to spend one week under one roof.

Nightly themed dinners were planned and the day arrived.

From the minute we stepped foot on the property, Simon (owner) and Roger (head of staff) greeted us like long lost friends. It set the scene.

Daily Breakfast incredible, cleaned rooms daily spoilt us, and the best guac in the world by the pool whilst sipping on Margaritas... YUM

The boys went deep sea fishing and caught a 13 foot marlin (13 inches of record), guess what we had for dinner that night? Nom Nom Nom and the rest went to the homeless so pretty stoked with that outcome!

I cannot express enough my positive thoughts on this property. For a destination wedding, to meetings and incentives. The place is unique and individual and wonderful.

No matter where you are in the world (I am from Australia) the trip to PVR via LAX paled into comparison compared to the time spent at Casa Azul Profundo :)

Thanks team x

Tiffini W
“Amazing 50th Birthday! Amazing Villa!!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I & my guest had an AMAZING time at the AMAZING villa! I had a total of 13 guest with me to celebrate my 50th birthday! I stayed at the villa for 7 days, it was one of the best vacations to this date! It will be almost impossible to top it! The staff is awesome!!! Upon arriving on Friday Jorge met us at the door and quickly went into motion making us feel at home! He had us leave our bags at the front door and took us on a tour of the villa, it was like going through a museum! Every room kept getting better and better and all of them are amazing! All have gorgeous views of the ocean. After the tour Jorge made us the tastiest Margaritas, made sure we were ok then took all our bags to the designated room for each guest. I arrived a day before my guest to set things up for their arrival. Roger the house manager is sooooooooooooooooooo awesome! He is like your personal butler, assistant, concierge and so much more rolled into one person! Sylvia and Celina are amazing too. Celina cooked the most amazing meals for us for Breakfast and Dinner and it was delicious! The set up is like going to a restaurant but better! with a daily & evening view of the ocean right at your dinner table. Roger helped me arrange massages and pedicures for all my guest for Mother's day, he & Jorge made us Pina Coladas, Margaritas & Daiquiris in the afternoon as well as at dinner. The daiquiris were made with fresh strawberries. They always made a pitcher of non alcoholic as well as alcoholic to accommodate everyone. Celine made fresh homemade salsa & guacamole every afternoon and it was so good a lot of evenings we had request for her to make more before she left! Roger arranged for us to have a boat ride and go snorkeling, that was such a nice personal touch! The snorkeling was so much fun!!! Roger assisted me with ordering my birthday cake and picking it up from Costco ( it was delicious) & I surprised my guest with an 8 person Mariachi band at my birthday dinner that Roger arranged for me! My guest loved loved loved the trip and the VIP treatment they received from the staff!! I even had a large platter of fresh Lobster for my bday dinner. I had the best birthday celebration ever! I will definitely be back to stay here again! I can not leave out Rudy who took care of a lot of items for me before we arrived from Chicago. Simon has the best staff working for him at Casa Azul and undoubtedly the best villa in Puerto Vallarta! If you want an amazing experience stay here!!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything but the views are awesome and the staff are amazing!
Liked least: Having to leave the villa and staff and go home
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Victoria...
San Diego, California
“Absolute Perfection”
Reviewed April 6, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We came for the week with family and ended the week with a wedding onsite for my daughter. The Villa is beautiful, comfortable and the ocean waves lulled us to sleep every night. The wedding was amazing with guests sitting out overlooking the ocean, just perfect.
And now the best for last...the staff! You cannot ask for better service with Roger running the house and immediately learning your names and making sure you have any and everything you need all day long. We are still lost without Roger now that were home, the man is utterly amazing. Were already planning our trip back next year, don't miss it!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Apr 14, 2016
Victoria thanks for your wonderful review. We are proud that it all went well for your daughter's wedding. We are ready to have you guys back!
Best Regards,
Simon Marin
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing