Tripadvisor
Puerto Vallarta
4,226 results
All reviews sushi bar french restaurant diamond member la catrina le delice seafire restaurant hacienda pool lobby bar specialty restaurants rooftop pool partial ocean view junior suite adult only pool close to the airport dinner reservations smaller resort the wait staff
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I went with my husband and 2 adult children. We had a great time. Very friendly and attentive staff. Food was good. The Mediterranean one was very good. Loved the roof bar for view, drinks and sushi. I would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Kunibert_Lengger, Director General at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Curious763588,

We are delighted that our perfect location with beachfront access and stunning views helped to make your stay exemplary. We appreciate your kind words about your recent experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

The great experience that I've had at this hotel is with the bar and restaurant staff. They are very friendly and make your drinks just the way you like them. The bar waiters - especially the woman at the Sky Bar - are terrific! I'd hire them any day.

This "resort" isn't really a resort. It's definitely a hotel. We stayed in the adults-only area, and it was really underwhelming. I had expected so much more, especially from a Hilton . I have stayed in other brands of resorts that have had lower ratings than this place, and still have had better experiences. First off, the food at this resort is awful. I'm never complained about food at resorts or hotels before (since I don't really have high expectations for that), but this food at the Hilton was some of the worst. The breakfast was really bad, and it was slightly better at dinner time. One night I got the worst upset stomach from some of the food I had for dinner. The room service food was also very unimpressive - especially since there's a charge to it.

The concierge/front desk staff also weren't very helpful. The bellboy/concierge guy working in the Hacienda area told me there's a charge for internet no matter what. I told him we are Hilton Honors Gold and he rolled his eyes and sent me to some other girl. The front desk staff also didn't answer any of our questions, they just kind of beat around the bush and were busy with other tasks while talking to us.

Overall, I would definitely not recommend staying here. The food is some of the worst I've ever had, and the service from the front desk/concierge is not what you'd expect from a Hilton. I'm honestly surprised this place has such good reviews. Other people we talked to have said the same things I've mentioned in this review. For an all-inclusive in PV, I would look elsewhere.

1  Thank Dominic R

Dear Dominic R,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion regarding your recent visit to our resort.
First of all I want to thank you for letting us receive this feedback directly from you. Secondly I apologize for such inconveniences with the front desk/concierge agent, since it does not reflect our service that identifies us or our brand promise.

I am very sorry that you were not able to enjoy the hotel the way you deserve, It is very important to us and rest assure I will make the necesary changes in all the areas mentioned in order to prevent this from happening again.

I sincerely hope despite this incidents, you will visit us againg in a very near future. It will be an honor for me to receive you personally and welcome you one more time to your home away from home.

My warmest regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We are on the last day of our two week holiday here, thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff is very friendly and I would like to especially single out Nelly at the Breakfast restaurant on the Hacienda (Adults only) side where we stayed.
She is delightful

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank jimcD285LZ

Dear jimcD285LZ,

We appreciate your kind words about your recent experience. I am delighted to know your stay was pleasant. I will share your comments with Nelly, that for shure will be very happy she has left a good impression on you.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

This was an all inclusive but not all inclusive. We enjoyed the Sky Bar and pool area and the adults only section. We did not drink a lot and the drinks are not premium but were okay for us. It is not a five star but it is comfortable. I did not like to have to make reservations for dinner which was a pain and you could never get what you wanted. We landed up waiting in the reception area of the restaurant we wanted to eat at and eventually got in. The adult breakfast buffet was okay but the family one was horrible. We ate there once and never went back. thank goodness we had the adult section option. The room was comfortable we spent a whole day in the room on Jan 1st at it poured buckets. TV was good and room was comfortable, Staff were pleasant. It was close to the town we walked there and buses are easy to use as well. Definitely not a 5 star but a comfortable hotel close to many things. I travel south a minimum of 2 -3 times per year and have been doing so for for over 4 decades. I am a seasoned traveler. The hotel is comfortable but definitely not a 5 star as my husband put it. It is a hotel trying to be a resort....as a resort 3.5 star as a hotel 4 to 4.5 I felt the price we paid was very expensive compared other places we have traveled south..

Date of stay: January 2020
Kunibert_Lengger, Director General at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Dear patricialG5865YY
Thank you very much for taking the time and share your opinion regarding your recent visit to our Hotel. I am very pleased to know you have enjoyed the sky bar as well as the adult section.
Regarding the quality of our drinks, I apologize they were not to your liking, we have a very large variety of drinks as well as a selection of drinks with extra cost that you can also enjoy.
Your comments regarding restaurant reservations are very important to us and I am very sorry that you have not been able to enjoy all of them. On you future visit please contac us before your arrival and make your reservations in advance. It will be our pleasure to assist you.

It will be an honor to welcome you back.
My warmest regards
Hotel Director.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I just arrived from the Hilton resort PVR. Very nice trip. I receive a very good help from Daniel at the concierge desk. He give me some advices and was always happy to serve me. Also, the barmans were always happy. I would return anytime..

Dear Passenger306097,

We appreciate your kind words about your recent experience. I am delighted to know your stay was pleasant. I will share your comments with Daniel, that for shure will be very happy he has left a good impression on you.