$291
  • Breakfast included
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$341
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$183
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$220
  • Beachfront
$437
$186
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Beachfront
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$179
3,247 results
All reviewssushi barfrench restaurantdiamond memberla catrinale deliceseafire restaurantlobby barspecialty restaurantsrooftop poolpartial ocean viewjunior suiteclose to the airportadult poolsmaller resortdinner reservationsthe general managerkids club
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My only request would be that the music playing in the hallways should be turned off around 10pm. Most nights my kids were in bed at 9 and my wife and I around 10(after long days on the beach). The music from the hallways is easily heard in your room(junior suite) and thy have it on until 11pm, sometimes shortly after. I do t think it serves any purpose to have it on after 10pm. Other than that it was a nice stay. If the music was shut off at 10pm I would be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank bigdaddy1111
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Attn. Bigdaddy1111
First of all thank you for staying with us during yopur recent trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Also we thank you for takin the time to share with us your opinion on our service.

Please rest assure that your comments are very important to us and we'll be turning off the music in the Resort rooms and Suites section before 11 p.m. to provide a better resting time to all our guest.

We invite you to consider to stay with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially

Jorge Villarejo.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

While enjoying our codo at the
Penninsula I was able to watch
The transformation that is the
Hilton. We often rent out our condo and like to mix a two week vacation with a stay at a hotel. We have never stayed at an all inclusive and were not sure because we know where to eat in town and we like high end food. When we dropped our bags in our private pool room which was very cool, we went directly over to the French restaurant to check the current menu, that where we met Chef
Tomasini, the magic man. I am not a fish eater just
don't like it, it was outstanding I had fish almost every night. It really sealed the deal for us. We will
return. The adult pool is fantastic! The drinks, the
Sushi the QUIET! We loved it. All in all it is a winner
The sea fire is pretty bad, I don't know what to tell you there, but the chocolate muffin is killer, that's all I would mess with there. JUST GO FOR CHEF FERNANDO TOMASINI!!! He is amongst the finest.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed April 17, 2014

To frame my review: My wife and I are couple in our early 30s with two small children (that we did not take with us). We've previously only stayed at the Riu all-inclusives and I stay in Hilton all throughout the year on business (Hilton Diamond Member).

I love Hilton in general and all of the locations I've stayed at have always been clean and great repair and this was no exception. My review score comes mostly from the perspective of value for what we paid and in comparison to other all-inclusives (mainly the Riu brand).

I consider a score of a 3 average or "as expected". So my 2 means it was slightly below expectations.

SUMMARY:
Great hotel and rooms. Average food. Not very lively. Somewhat difficult to get an adult beverage on demand. Views from the premium rooms were slightly obscured. Great Service. But everywhere the Hilton had an advantage (cabanas, volleyball, lobster dinner), they charged extra.

LOCATION:
Not bad- a 10 minute drive from the International Airport (PVR). A taxi ride FROM PVR cost us $21 USD and back TO PVR was $6 USD (not sure what the discrepancy was - price-gauging or fees???). So, the good news is you're right by the airport. The bad news (maybe not that bad) is you're down a ways from the downtown (Old Vallarta, Zona Romantica). This is also a $6-8 USD taxi ride- 10-15 minutes. We walked on the beach all the way there one day. It took us around 1:15 to get there. It was good exercise... and there's a part where you'd need to jump down off of a sidewalk about 4-5 feet. If you're okay with it and are looking to break a minimal sweat (mainly from the heat), I'd recommend it.

ROOMS:
Beautiful. We had the suite with the jacuzzi on the roof, but we never used it. Why? the tub took fa while to fill and there was no shade up on the roof and it got really hot. So, you either had to go out before breakfast or late at night (which I suppose would have been okay). However, by mid-trip, I was beginning to get jealous of the "cheaper" rooms that had a jacuzzi out on their balcony (with shade). We never saw anyone else using their rooftop jacuzzi either. Other than that, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were brand new and clean. I had 3 issues with the room, though. The first problem I had with them per se was that the "mini-bar" was a just a small refrigerator that was stocked with 6 beers and the refrigerator never got cold. There was no liquor as part of the mini-bar either. The second issue I had was that the premium rooms were facing southwest so we had a view of the bay and mountains (amazing in itself), but could never look directly out into the ocean and see the horizon line of the ocean or see the sunset :( - you would think that the premium rooms would have a premium view...but the standard kings had a better, straight-on view than us... and last problem-ish ;) is that the staff begins to push around the bussing cart at the buffet around 5am with all of the silverware and plates on it - so if you have the doors open to hear the ocean and are looking to keep sleeping, you'll have to get up and shut the doors as there is a very loud rattling sound as the plates move every time they start rolling the cart again. Quick Tip: all faucets (shower, jacuzzi, sinks, etc.) need to have the bottom of the handle pointed left for hot and right for cold (obvious, I know)- but when you turn on the actual cold, it is initially cool and then gets colder... but when you turn towards the hot, it initially comes out freezing and then takes a minute to turn to steaming hot (it happened like this at different times of the day and with all water sources)... so FYI.

FOOD:
Interesting fact- the hotel restaurants are open to the public, so there are prices on the menu even though as a guest you don't have to pay. So.... The Buffet was average with a slightly-smaller-than-expected selection, but adequate. The sushi lounge on the 5th floor was excellent (Israel makes some great rolls) and the view was amazing. The Mexican restaurant I will guess was good - I say that because my wife thought it was very good and the shrimp I had there was great, but the sauces and other things in the dish was mismatched and off-putting. The french restaurant was good, but going along with the theme that anything extra-ordinary here comes out of pocket ($$$), I was convinced that there were different food and portions depending on if you were paying out-of-pocket or they already "had you" as a quest. My wife and I each got a crab-puff-pastry appetizer at the French restaurant that was listed as $220 MXN on the menu (so at the time of our trip this was roughly $20 USD each). The appetizers came out and were excellent... but they had roughly a teaspoon of crab in each and the total size was about that of a golf ball. Needless to say, If I was asked to pay $40 for appetizers and that's what I got, I would have complained. But it was enough food, so there was no need. However, I can't imagine a local coming in and paying $40 out-of-pocket for that and being okay with it, so I'm guessing they would get a few of those or bigger (?). The same thing happened with the entree (and not just at the French restaurant) - $290 MXN on the menu for sea bass (reasonable price), but when it came out, the whole entree could have fit inside a small coffee cup - it was great, but I wouldn't have paid $25 USD for it. So, I guess the theme was - the food was good, but I just felt cheated and nickel-and-dimed in a way. The other restaurant "Fogo" seems to change theme most nights On Saturday, it's lobster night (additional $25/person, of course). The lobster was excellent, but I could have gotten live lobster in the northern U.S. for less than that, so to me, the $25 wasn't just covering their cost (I understand why you can't have an all-you-can-eat lobster dinner), but I felt that they saw an opportunity to not only cover their costs, but make more profit, so they did it. Sunday night was "Brazil night". Having spent some time in Brazil myself, I loved the cuisine (rice, vegetables, amazing cheesy-bread, beans, fish, etc.). However, the food was actually all Brazilian Churrascaria style (all red meat). We mostly avoid red meat, so we ended up heading back to the buffet. I understand that Brazil is known for their Churrascaria style steak-houses, but this sin't the only food that exists there... just like their Mexican restaurant didn't just serve chips and salsa. Oh well... I don't mean to sound bitter ;) but communication could have been improved. In general, food is available 24/7 like most all-inclusives, but (you guessed it) there is a $7 charge for food after dinner and before breakfast. There was also an option for a private beach dinner, but I'm sure that was extra.

BEVERAGES:
The good news: there are in fact beverages. The bad news: the coffee is weak and flavorless. However, you can get a strong cup or a cappuccino on the second floor made by a barista for free (just kidding - you have to pay for good coffee too). The wine is actually better than some other all-inclusives, but it's all chilled very cold (which can be off-putting when you're ordering a dry red). Adult beverages... the margaritas are weak (we actually had to ask a few times if they were virgin and we had to specifically ask for tequila), the beer is as expected. The cocktails are weak as well. I usually order a scotch and tonic (weird, I know - don't let that discredit this review) and I had to hold the cocktail up to the light at dinner just to discern whether I was picking up my water glass or my cocktail (i.e.: there was barely any alcohol in it). There is no swim-up bar at all and no bar (other than the one on the 5th floor) opens up until afternoon (ugh- I know). There are cocktail servers who are doing as great a job as they can serving so many people, but it takes a while to flag them down and then even longer to actually get your drink. So, if you're more concerned about getting a drink ASAP, you'll need to walk up to the 5th floor. But if you're more concerned about laying on the beach or sitting by the pool and reading, then you'll have to be patient.

ACTIVITIES:
The resort overall was pretty slow (which could be a good thing). We straddled an off-weak as well as spring break (all of the staff warned us of the impending rush that was going to happen the next week... and there were maybe noticeably more people... nothing bad). Nighttime entertainment not really existent (but again, that could be a good thing). They did have a nice sand volleyball court that is kept damp in the hot sun, but (I can't believe I'm doing this again)... it... costs... extra. It seemed like they had a nice "kids club" with activities throughout they day.

POOL/BEACH:
The beach was nice and had some... (are you sitting down? - because you should be) FREE lounge chairs and canopies. There was no barricade or boundary for the beach vendors, so if you want to have your feet in the sand, you'll be bombarded by merchants. The only way to avoid this (maybe) is to sleep or have a book so close to your face that they can't get your attention. But it's a great view. There are also some really lovely cabanas that are also available for (*cringe*) a price.

VALUE:
The cost of the trip was around $4,000+ for 7 nights including airfare (from Milwaukee). We could have booked 2 weeks at a Riu for that price. I wish we had done that (or some other resort... I'm not affiliated with the Riu brand, but that's the only other place we've stayed). If you've read my entire review, you can probably figure out that I wouldn't recommend this resort as being 'valuable'. However (no sarcasm here) this is a great resort for you if: you're not too concerned about price, don't want a lot of college kids fist-pounding to club music in the pool, aren't a heavy drinker (especially before the afternoon), retire early to bed so there's no need for high-quality entertainment, and aren't a liquor or food connoisseur. Eeash- that sounds bad, but basically if you're looking to relax in peace-and-quiet and really couldn't care less about what's around you, this would be a fine option. I really had a higher expectation for Hilton. And if Riu's are average (from what I've heard), then this is definitely below average. I absolutely love all of Hilton's other non-all-inclusive properties I've stayed at though. Best of luck!

Room Tip: If you decide to book, don't spend the extra for the rooftop jacuzzi option.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PosterChilde
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Attn. Poster Childe
I want to thank you for posting your opinion and for the detailed feed back provided.
At Hilton Puerto Vallarta our comminment is to provide the best possible service to all our guests, please rest assure that I'm working with all my executive team and service staff, base on you comments to improve every step as mentioned.
We are taking inmmediate action on your opinion for rooms, food, beverage and kid's club.
also we want to inform you that the daily activities program has no extra cost.
Looking to offer more options for our guests we have included in our weekly program some options with a surcharge base on those items not included in the all inclusive package.

We are very concern to learn that we didn't achieve with your expectations and wish to consider to stay with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta, to have the opportunity to change for better your opinion and show you the improvements done.

We look forward to be your host hotel in the near future.

cordially

Jorge Villarejo
General manager

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great food, service, location, clean, near mall, Wal-Mart, local grocery store, port and airport. Excellent security. Plenty of poolside and beach seating. Highly recommend! If you can get special rates for this hotel you should "jump in it!" Cab ride into downtown is only about $5 USD. Kick back and relax! =)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This Hilton is one of the the few with the full All Inclusive option so it makes it a desirable choice especially for those with HH. This is a modern designed property with beautiful ocean view of the Banderas Bay. You can see horse back riding, ATVs, para-sailing, wave runners, and many more fun activities done daily (additional charge). This hotel is in the "hotel zone" so it's only about 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to downtown.

The property is very clean and all of the staff members were very friendly. There is free wifi offered in the public areas (lobby and most restaurants) but it's about $10 per day if you want access from your room. Room service is available but there is a surcharge of $7 which is per delivery. The property is very easy to get around and it doesn't take long to get anywhere. Don't forget to exchange your towel back for your towel card or you may get charged $30 for a towel. The maid ended up taking mine from my room, but they made an exception not to charge me.

My favorite spot was the Roof Bar top called O West..... gorgeous views from above! It offers a full bar as well as sushi snacks. Carlos was a great bartender and all of their staff members up there were great. The sweet server girl brought us drinks even when we were in the pool! It's acceptable to tip here so bring a few $ since they work so hard and they'll take great care of you!

The Sea Fire Buffet had lots of options. The Guacamole was AMAZING here! Some of the food was a hit or a miss so be open to trying different things. The Brazilian restaurant had smoked flavored meats that they brought around and served to your table. The French restaurant had a nice ambiance and the servers were very attentive. I really enjoyed the French Onion soup.

I had a Deluxe Ocean View Room that offered a balcony for my 3 night stay. The decor is simple, modern, clean. The maid cleaned up my room the first day and even organized my belongings so it was almost like a butler style service... pretty sweet. It was very quiet at night and easy to sleep in their beds. We had some singers, dancers, and a mariachi band as our entertainment that gave us a feel of the old Mexican culture.

I would definitely recommend checking out the downtown area. Puerto Vallarta is super safe and it's easy to get around. About $7 for a cab from the hotel. You'll see their famous Cathedral, the statues on the boardwalk, flea market, and more. This really lets you have a feel for this great city.

Overall, this is a very nice property with wonderful staff. It's helpful to brush up on your Spanish since some of the side staff I ran into didn't speak much English. Puerto Vallarta is a great destination and is worth checking out!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms will be in quieter areas away from the service elevator so splurge for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Attn. Lukelisa_Norwood
We want to thank you for taking your time for sharing your opinion on our service and the effort that our service staff is doing to provide the best possible service to all our guests.

Our main purpose is make your stay a very memorable experience and we are very happy to learn that we did this for you while you was our guest during your recent trip to Puerto Vallarta.

We look forward to continue being your host hotel

Jorge Villarejo