Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
$299
$168
$127
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$250
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$375
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$432
$140
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$420
3,117 results
All reviewssushi barfrench restaurantdiamond memberla catrinale deliceseafire restaurantlobby barspecialty restaurantsrooftop poolpartial ocean viewjunior suiteadult only poolsmaller resortclose to the airportmain restaurantkids clubthe general manager
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am a seasoned traveler with high hotel expectations. I was not disappointed. The pool service with Jaciel, Sara and another young man ( I forgot his name) were unbelievable. You never had to get your own drink, they waited on you like a king and queen. I cannot say enough about them. The buffet staff was friendly, I purposely sat in Gabriel and Alfredo's section for breakfast and lunch. They were so friendly and took care of anything you needed. We had a great suite, 2 floors with the top floor being a terrace with jacuzzi. The maid did a fantastic job cleaning each day. Location is great, short drive from the airport and was a 5 dollars cab ride to the boardwalk downtown....beach was great dolphins in the morning frolicking in the water. My only complaints are minor but were a bit annoying....we had to wait for our room well after check-in. It was around 4:30 or 5 when our room was finally available....because I am a diamond Hilton member they offered me a swim up pool room but we didn't want to be on the first floor not being able to see the water and that upgrade was offered long after we had waited and waited for 2 hours. They never had any change, so bring change because the pool and restaurant staff deserve your tips...unfortunately we sometimes had to tell the waitstaff we would bring their tip back later...which we did but I'm sure some people just don't tip them. When they did have change it was not what we wanted, we wanted several 20 pesos and they gave us 50 -100 and wrapped coins like a role of qtrs making 10 pesos. Our favorite spot was at the west end of the pool on the deck area where we were steps away from the pool and could look at the ocean....we would get up very early to get those spots. While there was security, the day we sat right on the edge of the sand the peddlers on the beach walked right up to us all day long. The same people selling the same thing 10-15 times throughout the day. I wish they had to stay back further like in cancan. Other than that it was the best all inclusive, the French and Brazilian restaurant were great you couldn't ask for a better beach. The Skybar and pool,are awesome, especially for the sunsets. We were disappointed it was closed most of the week we were there. Totally recommend this place, they will work out their service issues they are just so new! AND the beds were fabulous!

2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our week at the resort was phenominal. Exquisite fine dining every night..........French, Mexican and Brazillian...............all amazing. And the beds and bedding were by far the most comfortable and of coziest of any place we have ever stayed at. Staff went "over and above" to please. Honorable mention to Sara, Manuella and Sergio for the FoGo restaurant. They never stopped running and always had a kind word and smile. The rooftop infinity pool with the sushi bar was just as amazing. Absolutely everyone went out of their was to make your stay best best it could be. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. The only thing I found it did not have that it did not have that most hotels now have was blow dryer in the bathrooms. So anyone going.....pack your own. Would go back in a heartbeat and we have stayed at many top rated resorts.

1  Thank sandju46
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband & I went to Hilton for 7 nights on our honeymoon. The staff is first rate and go out of their way make your stay relaxing. The food was totally fine, nothing exceptional but afterall it is an all inclusive hotel, not a fine dining restaurant. We were very pleased. We had a jr suite with a balcony and ocean view on the second floor and again -- very spacious, very clean. The beachfront is cleaned daily and all the chaises lounges are in good shape. Service poolside was outstanding, especially Jacier, he kept the cocktails coming!!! The hotel doesn't have a lot of change so be sure to bring small bills for tips for all the staff. Would absolutely recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: we like to hear the ocean at night -- second floor was just right. there is not a lot of nightlife at this resort so the crowd is pretty tame and shouldn't bother you if your doors are open
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived about noon on Saturday March 9, there was no welcome drink and we had to wait for 3 hours for our room to be cleaned. This was very disappointing especially after getting up at 2 30 am to travel. The food was average, we ate off the resort 5 out of 7 nights. There was not enough lounge chairs around the pool for the amount of people staying at the resort. The adult "pool" and lounge on the 4th floor was closed which was another disappointment. The staff were good, the general areas fairly clean, security was poor, beds were good. For what we paid from Calgary it was not a good value for our Canadian buck!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I will cut to the chase. The service and staff are/were exceptional! I have not a single complaint! Alba on the omelet station and Diana at concierge were especially great to work with and see. They are definite keepers!

Our first and second room both were good layout, space, and view. The most important factor for me when choosing an all inclusive resort was the bed, as I have had a few beds which were very hard/bad. In this case the bed was exceptional and we slept great when not affected by other factors.

The location we also thought was good, though in the center of the hotel district/action, it didn't have too many crazy spring breakers and such. That was good for us!

Now, the negatives were two things, which I feel could certainly be improved and I am sure they know about them and have things in place to do so...

First, the walls were super thin! The first day we got there the people next to us were having a fight and we heard every bit of it. This of course is not the fault of the hotel as they worked very hard to correct it. They addressed them each time! The next night they were super loud again and made noise starting at 1:05am. We finally had to move rooms in the middle of the night, which the staff were super helpful with and I expect they were particularly rough on those neighbors of ours as well. The new room had great neighbors who were not loud at all. I only now know how thin the walls were because we could still hear most things that went on in that room. In fact I was awakened twice in the middle of the night by the neighbor sneezing. I of course wasn't going to complain about that as I was happy he was sleeping instead of fighting or partying, and I promptly fell back to sleep. All I am saying is that the thin walls should be acknowledged as a slight negative. In general the people staying at the hotel all seemed super great, so I don't imagine this is a normal complaint, but in our case it was noticed.

Lastly, we went to the Hilton, because we expected excellent food, even though there were some reviews which suggested the food quality was not what others had expected. I hoped that they would have improved it by the time we got there. In short breakfast was great, and lunch ok. Dinners were also good, but nothing was excellent as we had expected coming to a Hilton. I am not complaining about it, just noting that if I had expected ok/good food, I would have been fine, but I was expecting exceptional food, so ended up let down. I hope that as time goes on they will improve this part of their resort and focus on it. For what it was worth the alcohol seemed mostly all top shelf, so that was nice.
My wife wants me to also note that she was a bit surprised that there was very little quiet space to lie out on the beach or by the pool as there were so many people around as well as music playing. She was also surprised that the shower door was clear glass and not even frosted, so there was little privacy when showering. Not huge issues, but surprising.

Over all it should be noted that we had a great time and came back very relaxed/refreshed. I hope that as time goes on they will keep getting better. Some things were so very great and others were a bit disappointing. Overall it was a good trip for us though.

Hope this review helps at least in giving a person accurate expectations, if not the management in improving.

1  Thank JoshRock1