Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Breakfast included
$296
$249
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$263
$183
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$616
$314
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$95
$89
Priceline
  • Beachfront
3,244 results
All reviewssushi barfrench restaurantdiamond memberla catrinale deliceseafire restaurantlobby barspecialty restaurantsrooftop poolpartial ocean viewjunior suiteclose to the airportadult poolsmaller resortdinner reservationsthe general managerkids club
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thia new Hiton gem opened in October and is an undiscovered gem that is in the developmental phase. Parts of the hotel operate brilliantly and other parts are a bit disfunctional.

The property is as you would imagine - new and gleaming. It offers suites on the water and economical rooms with rear view.

The hotel is all-inclusive at the moment and I do hope it continues to be the same in the future. As an all-inclusive it offers the very best in food and hard beverages. 12 Year whiskey, cognac VSOP, excellent tequilla and 5 differnet rums. (probably 5 choices in every category plus or minus).

There are 3 a-la-carte restaurants (le Delice (French), La Catrina (ostensibly Mexican but really international with a Mexican flavour) and Fogo (Brazillian)) plus a bufffet restaurant Seafire.

I highly recommend La Catrina as the very best - meu is extensive and the food is exceptional. They seem to be able to find good wines as well. Do not miss the seafood Cappucino or their special salad. Le Delice has excellent escargot, a great lobster bisque and wonderful sea bass.
Fogo has the Brazillian meat BBQ where they parade around with swords of different meats for you to choose I highly recommend the Shrimp, the rib steak, the filet and the Brazillian steak.

When you go to any bar they have great beverages - my favorite was the Golden Marguerita, the Cadillac Marguerita and the double anjeiho pina collada. My wife loved the iced tea with sweetener.

When we first arrived, the bars and restaurants had only two wines that were marginal - a house Chardonnay and a house Cabirnet Sauvignon. After our first meal at an a-la-carte retaurant, where we tried to upgrade the house selection, we contacted the concierge. Our suggestion was that they could actually decrease the quality of the hard liquor to improve the quality or options on the wine available in the restaurants.

Their response was to immediately upgrade the house wines and those in some of the restaurants. When you plan to dine, first check with the lobby bar to see what wines are available and then insist that the wine you want is available at the lobby bar when you get the (no such luck) reeponse at the restaurant. On one occasion we insisted that a wine was available but the le Delice manager insisted that is was not. After leaving the restaurant we enjoyed a glass or two of the wine in the lobby bar. There is a big problem in consistency and communication between the wine supplier and the various venues. La Catrina had the best selection of wines when we were there.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to the x01 - x08 rooms on the north wing. Try to maximize your La Catrina experience. Golden or Cadillac Margueritas are brilliant.
5  Thank no_to_rain
Rolando M, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear guest,

It was a real pleasure to have you with us at the resort. Thank you for the compliments for La Catrina, I’m sure in your next visit you will visit it a lot and will pair your diner with some nice Mexican wines.

Every comment is revised and shared with our associates and be sure we will work on those comments which need to be improved.

See you in your next visit to Vallarta.

Regards,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was a guest at the Hilton Puerto Vallarta along with my husband and 2 children ages 10 and 13. We came to Puerto Vallarta from Los Angeles, California aboard the Disney Wonder cruise. After leaving the cruise port we came upon the Hilton and decided to try it out for the day. We purchased the all-inclusive day passes. I must say how pleased we were with the incredible service we received while visiting! What an amazing facility and staff!!

We were met at the front desk by a polite gentleman who was friendly and knowledgeable. I believe his name was Mark.

After entering the incredibly beautiful pool area we were greeted by Sarah who took our drink orders and informed us about the restaurants. I have a celiac disease and cannot eat gluten and my husband asked her if the chef might be able to accommodate for me. She promised to check for us and before we knew it, she AND the chef were making their way to the pool area where we were sitting! We were so impressed that Sarah had gone out of her way to help out! I am certainly not accustomed to such wonderful customer service!

The Chef that came out with Sarah was named Oscar. He was knowledgeable and understanding of my food sensitivity. I am still shocked that he came out to speak with me by the pool! He even took the time out of his day to escort me around the buffet and list the options that were safe for me to eat. I have been dealing with restaurants for years and this is absolutely among the best service I have ever received! The food was absolutely delicious! All four of us enjoyed the wonderful meal!!

While enjoying our time at the PV Hilton we also met Eduardo, the activities director. Let me just say what a fun guy he is! My entire family enjoyed a game of poolside jumbo Jenga and an incredibly fun game of pool volleyball. Eduardo was fun and entertaining and made sure the kids and the other guests were having a great time. He is certainly fabulous at his job!

The grounds were spotless. The beach was beautiful. There were very few people on the beach or in the pool. It was wonderful for relaxing in the cabanas or on a beach chair. We enjoyed beautiful views of the beach and the mountains off in the distance.

As I mentioned before, we came from the Disney boat. Disney is a tough act to follow, but I must say the staff at this Hilton facility and the beautiful and clean grounds made our entire vacation that much more special and memorable. We cannot wait to come back and stay as overnight guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Stacie_RN

Dear Ms. Stacey,

Thank you so much for your great comments, I'm sure will be very helpful for people traveling by cruise to Vallarta and for those planning some vacations.

Food is always an special issue but when you have some allergie or disease it becomes something really important. Our staff is always trying to take good care of all our guests, specially the ones with special needs.

It will be a pleasure to receive you as a guest in your next vacations.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were looking for a place to relax and recharge and boy did we find it here! Prettier in person than even the professional photos of this place. The room, especially the bathroom was fantastic, green, modern and loved the complimentary robes, slippers and stocked mini-fridge. Service was amazing, never saw a staff work so hard to please, surprised how many spoke English. Food was ok to good, knocks would be consistency, lack of seafood and lack of variety. Loved how compact this place was. Not the place for crazy nightlife, but we met several nice couples from all over and had great times with them since we saw each other so often. Went into Puerto Vallarta for a day of sightseeing and shopping by ourselves and never felt unsafe. There is a safe in each room and should be used as one of the guest's Passport came up missing. There is a Walmart within walking distance from hotel. Public beach with many vendors which got real annoying real fast. Sand is rough as is the surf. Don't plan on swimming in ocean. Booked with Grand Opening special, $99/day, so for us value was exceptional.

4  Thank ToledoWanderlust

Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments of your recent visit to the resort and most of all we appreciate the comment regarding the safety you felt in Vallarta and in the resort. It's our desire that people feel like that during their vacations and enjoy the beaty of the destination.

It will be a pleasure to have you back again!!

Best regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a new hotel that is still working out the kinks, however they went out of their way to make our 2 night stay near perfect. The food was actually really good. If you go to the buffett, know what might have been cooking for a couple hours before you get it. There are so many high quality items, it's your fault if you get a below average meal. The french restaurant was a gourmet experience that totally caught us off guard. We went there for both dinners, because of their diverse menu. We thought All-Inclusive would mean average-to-above average food. The Hilton showed much higher quality. The pool is awesome, though the servers could be a bit more proactive with approaching those that arrive down to the pool area. Approaching people to take drink orders will be a nice improvement. Also some more frequently available sushi would be nice. The hotel is nice and small, so you can get from your room to the pool in two minutes. That is a big bonus that many people over-look when staying at a mega-resort. Service was 10 out of 10. Maybe we got lucky with our stay, but honestly I have to give this new hotel some props. Great work guys!!!!

Room Tip: Junior Suite with roof top hot tub. How can you beat that?
4  Thank Chad P
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have been to Puerto Vallarta many times but the last time was 8 years ago and I know we will be going back to the Hilton soon because this was the best stay in Puerto Vallarta ever. When I planned this vacation I figured I would give Hilton a few months after they opened and I guess they have worked out all of the kinks because we really had no problems. When we got to the hotel around 2PM we asked for a room on a high floor and asked if they could upgrade us (we had booked a full oceanview room). They upgraded us to a junior suite with a rooftop jacuzzi but told us our room was not ready which I now find funny since the hotel was only 25% full and the rooms around the one we got were never occupied during our whole stay. Anyway, we went to the buffet to have lunch and when we finished our room was ready. Throughout our stay the service was exceptional and all the staff bent over backwards to be of service. The room was large, airy and bright. The only issue we did have was a bad odor in the bathroom a day before we were leaving. We called for service and got the night manager who was willing to move our room but we chose to stay put and they did get the problem taken care of. The pool was beautiful and at times we had the whole area to ourselves. They have several choices of chairs and cabanas and they are all great. The two gals providing drinks and snacks were always there and very attentive. We found all the food to be exceptional. Of course there will always be things that are not to your liking but overall the presentation and selections were fabulous. As for Ely at the buffet, as he was the best waiter in the whole place. We ate at the french, mexican and brazilian restaurants and enjoyed all of them immensely. The last night of our stay we ate at the mexican restaurant and were the only ones there. My suggestion to them was to offer a special on the menu each night since we were eating at the same restaurants more than one time and we would have liked to see something different on the menu to choose from. We visited the rooftop pool and bar most nights and had the sushi which was not consistent - some nights better than others but it was beautiful to see the sunset from them and not have any kids although I have to say there were not to many kids at the time we were there. The day before we left they started giving out a daily newsletter with what was happening since so many guests has asked about it. We did try to mail some postcards to our grandkids but no where in the hotel did they have stamps to purchase. The front desk sent us to the concierge, the concierge sent us to the shops and after not being able to buy any the concierge offered to take them to the post office on her way home and mail them for us - just another example of the above and beyond service they offered. Can't say enough good things about the whole vacation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple