$602
  • Breakfast included
$437
$178
  • Pool
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
$109
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$310
$213
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
$89
Priceline
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

3,254 results
All reviewssushi barfrench restaurantdiamond memberla catrinale deliceseafire restaurantlobby barspecialty restaurantsrooftop poolpartial ocean viewjunior suiteclose to the airportadult poolsmaller resortdinner reservationsthe general managerkids club
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is going to be a long one. I feel I owe it to the staff for the incredible Thanksgiving week we just had there. First off I am a professor of economics having taught the 'Dismal Science' for over thirty-five years, needless to say I am as critical of analytic as they come. If something is not right, well I don't overlook it and if done correctly I praise it. Money is important to me for the value I achieve from it...cutting to the chase our (wife and myself) stay at the Hilton was the most value for the dollar (peso) vacation--other than our honeymoon on the Big Island--that we have experienced.

Bullet points...

1) The king size bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

2) Our room in the main section on the 6th floor had a breathtaking panorama of the entire coast (I'd recommend you book from 6 - 8 floor)

3) The beach below was expansive and close to pristine with daily grooming.

4) The waves breaking could be clearly heard from the bed at night.

5) The hotel is brand new with few smudges and crystal clear glass, few knowing of it's existence.

6) Our room was spacious with marble floor, shower (rainfall) and vanity.

7) The maid service was excellent--I put them to the test daily with my beach walk unfortunately bringing in some sand which was cleaned up to the grain!

8) Never had a wait or an inconvience for anything--never had a glass or cup go empty.

9) Food at the morning buffett was varied day to day and quite good.

10) Dinner at the French and Mexican resturants was outstanding!

11) Room service was outstanding--one night I was torn between a club sandwich and chicken breast as my wife was ordering on the phone. I finally decided on the chicken, well guess what--they sent up both the club and the chicken--which were both excellent!

12) All the staff were more than helpful and friendly--we requested a late checkout since our flight out was a 5:00 pm and they gave us till 2:00.

13) The children (not many) were all exceptionally well behaved and fun to watch having in the beautiful pool.

14) If one child is one child too many, well I suggest you go up to the upper deck adult only lounge and pool--what I called San Simeon. If you have ever been to the Hearst Castle when the fog rolls in leaving you on Mount Olympus you know what heaven must feel like. Well this is the same feeling I had at the upper deck lounge. Thick white sofas, an infinity pool, salsa music, with flocks of pelicans and soaring friggates for amusement.

15) Drinks. What's the purpose of being at an all inclusive if you don't drink? Well we do and the drinks were incredible. Ben, the head bartender of the upper deck, made the best Long Isl, Ice Teas, and Margaritas I have had in my life! I can still remember the best whiskey sour which I had in 1975 in San Francisco so I'm not extending the truth. The excellent daily fresh sushi, served from noon till three was our lunch as we ate with the gods and were catered like royality.

16) Possible improvement...or rather me being very picky.

a) No bacon served for breakfast on any day we were there (sauages were, but I'm not a fan)
b) The breakfast burritos were excellent, but only served on one day of our stay.

c) It would be great if the theromostat in the room was both fahrenheit as well as centigrade--I finally figured out that 20C = 68F after a couple of days of being too cold or hot--lol. A conversion table above the theromostat would be very helpful.

d) Lobby internet access should always be logged on. It was a pain when someone logged out and the administrator flag then showed until a staff member could be found to re-accessed (the room / hotel wi-fi on the other hand worked great).

17) Suggestions for your stay...

a) Bring along $50 in one dollar bills and $50 in fives--incredible service if you tip given that most don't.

b) Take a bus ride downtown (it helps to have a couple of drinks in you before you do)! Visit the ocean front jungle gift shops and the Catholic Church. We were fortunately enough to have a wedding taking place at the church when were there so we attended the service--what a kick listening to the pipe organ blasting out the wedding march. The bride was beautiful and the groom sweated up a storm dressed in a suit.

c) Leave the chap-stik at home it's humid and hot even in the nice time of the year November - April. We wouldn't have wanted it any hotter or more humid than it was.

d) Noticed that some complained about the rains in April, but we never felt a drop having full sun in the afternoon with mist/fog each morning and then clouding up in the evening--never did see a sunset.

d) Finally, buy something--these people are poor (46% of hte pop. made do with $100 or less income per month) and appreciate any business you can give them and if a small child come up to you with something to sell that you don't want, either buy it and toss it or just give them a dollar.

Room Tip: Main section floors 6-8 for best view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank William P
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have been several times to PV; I have been at Fiesta Americana, Velas Vallarta, Canto del Sol, Melia and now at the Hilton.
I had great expectations after paying for only 2 nights $ 490 USD. For a king oceon view room
First of all, I arrived at 1:00 pm and the room was until 3:00 pm.
Front desk guys and bell boys very attentive and allways smiling.
Room with a very nice view; furniture at room very very average, the sank didi not work, two lights at bathroom did not work, ventilatioon at wc did not work; As well wc was not well cleaned.
As Hilton Honors I try to get some sleepers with front desk and the women who clean the room and I never got them.
Lunch at the restaurant was the worst I have ever taste at a Hilton, I could not eat the meat,, it was a rock.
Second day I try the burgers and the pizza at pool. Burger was just OK. but the pizza was also the worst I have ever taste.
Drinks at bar are also just ok, nothing extraordinary.
Last day when everybody was cheking out and the hotel was going empty; I try to get a late chek out only for two hours more.... they only gave me one.. because they told me that one hour more it was going to be charged to my credit card.
So, First of all after paying that amount of dollars I could really go to a much better hotel in Puerto Vallarta. and I do not know why Hiton is going all-inclusive..
Hilton has to work very hard to keep all the rooms in good conditions and well furniture, And pay more atention to the quality food they serve.

Room Tip: Do not take garden view rooms... the garden views are the buildings just beside the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank willmexicocity
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited this amazing hotel for lunch during my recent visit to Puerto Vallarta
It has a complete open plan lobby incorporating checkin counters, car rental desks ,bars and wonderfully comfortable lounge chairs of all different shapes and sizes
Staff is very welcoming from the moment you step out of your car or cab

The rooms/suites are incredible -many with their own jacuzzis or pools
Lovely spa and gym and many different restaurants

Celia Levy
Worldview Travel

Room Tip: Ocean facing where possible
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Celia L
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel from Oct 20th through the 30th. It was the staff that made this hotel excellent. Christian and Marianna at the front desk made sure everything was to our satisfaction. Restaurant staff were wonderful, especially, Martin, Tony and Juan in the Specialty restaurants. At the pool, Juan Carlo and Daniel will make sure you never run out of margaritas.
We stayed in an Ocean View room on the 7th floor and had amazing views of the grounds, beach and sunsets.The bed was quite comfortable (still a little firm)
Quiet resort, no nightlife but very relaxing. Exactly what we needed.
The decor is contemporary without appearing stark and cold. Loved it!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vacaciones42
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Hilton this past weekend. It was a "puente" in Mexico: a 3 day weekend. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite in Suite Building #2. We had a private rooftop Jacuzzi, and the king sized bedroom was beautiful: all white and shades of blue and grey. The bathroom was just as large! No problems in the suite in terms of comfort. It was very romantic. The only problem was that the hotel had an opening special with kids until 12 stay and eat free. There were little kids and babies everywhere! And people were gorging! The poor food service was a little overwhelmed. We ate the first night in the French restaurant. The food was excellent. There were still kids everywhere. The lighting was very bright: no candles. So, the mixed marketing message refers to a appeal to couples and at the same times towards families; it doesn't work.
One GREAT child-free spot was the rooftop pool and bar on top of Suite building 1. You could order drinks and sushi. And the one time someone brought their granddaughter to the pool and jumped in, security came and made him take her out.
My advice is do not go on a puente! The restaurants filled up and we ended up eating buffet all the time with little kids everywhere. When we went to eat at the buffet late at night to avoid the kids, there wasn't much food left.

Room Tip: My helpful tip is do not book room the suite in building 2 on the ground floor. It has a private pool but is next to an entrance. I could see their bathtub too! But I highly recommend the suites in Suite buildings 1 & 2.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple