This is going to be a long one. I feel I owe it to the staff for the incredible Thanksgiving week we just had there. First off I am a professor of economics having taught the 'Dismal Science' for over thirty-five years, needless to say I am as critical of analytic as they come. If something is not right, well I don't overlook it and if done correctly I praise it. Money is important to me for the value I achieve from it...cutting to the chase our (wife and myself) stay at the Hilton was the most value for the dollar (peso) vacation--other than our honeymoon on the Big Island--that we have experienced.
1) The king size bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
2) Our room in the main section on the 6th floor had a breathtaking panorama of the entire coast (I'd recommend you book from 6 - 8 floor)
3) The beach below was expansive and close to pristine with daily grooming.
4) The waves breaking could be clearly heard from the bed at night.
5) The hotel is brand new with few smudges and crystal clear glass, few knowing of it's existence.
6) Our room was spacious with marble floor, shower (rainfall) and vanity.
7) The maid service was excellent--I put them to the test daily with my beach walk unfortunately bringing in some sand which was cleaned up to the grain!
8) Never had a wait or an inconvience for anything--never had a glass or cup go empty.
9) Food at the morning buffett was varied day to day and quite good.
10) Dinner at the French and Mexican resturants was outstanding!
11) Room service was outstanding--one night I was torn between a club sandwich and chicken breast as my wife was ordering on the phone. I finally decided on the chicken, well guess what--they sent up both the club and the chicken--which were both excellent!
12) All the staff were more than helpful and friendly--we requested a late checkout since our flight out was a 5:00 pm and they gave us till 2:00.
13) The children (not many) were all exceptionally well behaved and fun to watch having in the beautiful pool.
14) If one child is one child too many, well I suggest you go up to the upper deck adult only lounge and pool--what I called San Simeon. If you have ever been to the Hearst Castle when the fog rolls in leaving you on Mount Olympus you know what heaven must feel like. Well this is the same feeling I had at the upper deck lounge. Thick white sofas, an infinity pool, salsa music, with flocks of pelicans and soaring friggates for amusement.
15) Drinks. What's the purpose of being at an all inclusive if you don't drink? Well we do and the drinks were incredible. Ben, the head bartender of the upper deck, made the best Long Isl, Ice Teas, and Margaritas I have had in my life! I can still remember the best whiskey sour which I had in 1975 in San Francisco so I'm not extending the truth. The excellent daily fresh sushi, served from noon till three was our lunch as we ate with the gods and were catered like royality.
16) Possible improvement...or rather me being very picky.
a) No bacon served for breakfast on any day we were there (sauages were, but I'm not a fan)
b) The breakfast burritos were excellent, but only served on one day of our stay.
c) It would be great if the theromostat in the room was both fahrenheit as well as centigrade--I finally figured out that 20C = 68F after a couple of days of being too cold or hot--lol. A conversion table above the theromostat would be very helpful.
d) Lobby internet access should always be logged on. It was a pain when someone logged out and the administrator flag then showed until a staff member could be found to re-accessed (the room / hotel wi-fi on the other hand worked great).
17) Suggestions for your stay...
a) Bring along $50 in one dollar bills and $50 in fives--incredible service if you tip given that most don't.
b) Take a bus ride downtown (it helps to have a couple of drinks in you before you do)! Visit the ocean front jungle gift shops and the Catholic Church. We were fortunately enough to have a wedding taking place at the church when were there so we attended the service--what a kick listening to the pipe organ blasting out the wedding march. The bride was beautiful and the groom sweated up a storm dressed in a suit.
c) Leave the chap-stik at home it's humid and hot even in the nice time of the year November - April. We wouldn't have wanted it any hotter or more humid than it was.
d) Noticed that some complained about the rains in April, but we never felt a drop having full sun in the afternoon with mist/fog each morning and then clouding up in the evening--never did see a sunset.
d) Finally, buy something--these people are poor (46% of hte pop. made do with $100 or less income per month) and appreciate any business you can give them and if a small child come up to you with something to sell that you don't want, either buy it and toss it or just give them a dollar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Puerto Vallarta Hilton Resort, awarded the AAA Four Diamond award, offers an All-Inclusive beachside experience, which includes with your stay: breakfast, lunch and dinner daily – buffet and a la carte – snacks at the pool area, 24-hour room service, limitless domestic and international beverages including house wine (by the glass), in-room mini bar restocked daily, daytime activities, fabulous recreational amenities such as kayak rentals, live nightly entertainment, and more, all set in a magnificent beachfront location. Lounge on cabanas, directly adjacent to our courtyard-style glamourous infiniti pool. Enjoy panoramic views of Banderas Bay with cruise ships embarking nearby and guestrooms with mountain views of the magnificent Sierra Madres and ocean views. With two towers, we have a variety of guestrooms available, including fantastic suites with private balcony whirpools. Enjoy multiple onsite dining options while choosing to dine indoors or al-fresco on our various veranda levels overlooking our beautiful Pacific ocean sunsets. Kids and parents alike will enjoy the Kids Club, featuring entertainment and activities to truly inspire and allow parents some free time to explore. Be sure to find some time to indulge in our onsite spa Ki as well. We're just minutes from the airport and the cobblestone streets of downtown. Experience a truly magnificent vacation at the Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.