“Should just be for kids.”

Marigalante - Mexico on Board Cruise
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Should just be for kids.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know why they advertise it like single people would love to do this. The whole thing was geared towards kids with singing and dancing to new age dance music. Might as well be at Disney land.

The breakfast was a disgusting choice off cereal or a warm rolled up piece of lunchmeat ham with scrambled eggs. And don't forget the orange drink passed off as juice. Very cheap. Lunch wasn't as bad but there was only a choice of ranch dressing for the salad. What about people like me who hate ranch or are on diets?

I wish I could have enjoyed the beach, but it was shared with a "private" resort which seemed odd. I was also looking forward to snorkeling, but there were hundreds of jellyfish in the water which was noones fault.

It was not all bad. I really liked having my personal pirate who brought me whatever drink I wanted whenever I wanted one. I also enjoyed the swordfighting and plank walking and I got to be on a pirate ship.

Overall overpriced and mediocre entertainment.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank snowboardingmonkey

Austin, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Save your money. Perhaps they should do some better background checks.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went as a group, from my elderly mother down to my son in his twenties. We joined a couple of girls from our hotel also. They have you arrive one hour before the boat leaves. You are planted firmly in a market place and asked if you want drinks. These are not included in the price of your ticket, but they do not mention this until you are asked to pay. There are cheesy souvenir stores that are obviously only open when they have trapped tourists waiting to board ships.

Once on board they offer plenty of drinks, mostly sweet umbrella drinks. You are seated on a bench seat and this is where you are to be thru-out unless they release you to dance or dinner.

Dinner. WARNING: if you have any difficulty climbing ladders you will have a difficult time going down to the galley for dinner. There are two sets of ladders that have a sharp incline. My Mom had a difficult time going up and down. The food was meh. But you allow a certain amount of leeway when you know it is a tourist show.

The show itself was overly long. Like an hour too long. Even some of the pirates looked bored. It didn't help that they did it mostly in Spanish with only a few sentences thrown in here and there in English.

As the night went on, and drinking increased, we noticed a few of the pirates acting more lecherous than pirate-y. At one point, one of them leaned into one of the girls, as if mounting her, and said something completely rude to her in Spanish. My son and I both heard him and I called him on it. He stayed away from our area after that.

In summary, I have been on better tours, with better food, and not had to worry about perverted actors. Save your money.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sara G
Edmonton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Warning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Since my first review was removed without notice lets try this again. Parents keep a close eye on your kids. Went with my family when I was 13. Oneof the pirates tried to convince me while I was away from my parents to participate in ADULT ACTIVITIES NOT APPROPRIATE for a 26 yr old man to have with a CHILD.

also when we went snorkeling we all got stung by jellyfish.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Sara R
Guadalajara, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hard working and funny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The crew we had tried their very best from start to finish. From the moment we walked through the door to the moment we left they were in character and humorous. Our server, and other knew when was the time to be "in character" and when not to. especially as this is a kids show some times you need to know the difference.

Food was was basic, tasty and plentiful, drink free flowing., the ship an historic wonder, and in general the crew are accommodating, helpful, friendly and very attentive.

Well recommended, just go with it.

Visited February 2013
British Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“Cruise Vallarta's Vallarta Sol Booze Cruise to snorkel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My daughter and I went on the Vallarta Sol snorkeling tour (Los Arcos) that also went to Los Animos Bay and Quimixto. They advertise all you can eat Continental so we didn't have breakfast. There were no pastries left and were given a minimal amt of fruit. We did enjoy ourselves as far as the activities went, and the meal at the Quimixto restaurant was excellent. The crew were not very entertaining I found. Last year my husband and I went on the Bahai Alegre snorkeling tour and totally enjoyed ourselves, good food (all on board), good drink, good activities, the crew was very engaging and trying to get everyone to have fun! So on this one Vallarta Sol as my daughter and I had an ok time, (hers more for the people she met) and the activities themselves were good we gave this a average rating instead of poor!

Visited December 2012