“Fun for kids”

Marigalante - Mexico on Board Cruise
Reviewed September 12, 2011

On this Pirate ship I had mixed emotions, maybe because it was EMPTY! We went on a very LOW season and it was my family 2 kids 5 and 8 yrs. and another lonesome family, so we had to make it fun with the pirates, a little sad I might add. We also HAD to participate in the games. No choice we were the only ones. My 8 yrd old boy, needless to say had a blast. He was they ONLY center of attention, no other kids to participate with the pirates. so what child doesn't like to be the center of attention. This cruise is expensive by the end. I understand the tickets being pricey, but it is all you can drink and they give you a cheesy breakfast and lunch. Then the pirates want you to buy some kind of a raffle ticket to win a t-shirt, then they want you to donate money to an orphanage, then they want you to sign up the the DVD of the cruise, then they want you to buy the picture they took at the beging of the cruise. money, money, money! the pirate day cruise is fun for the kids, especially boys, but not very fun for us the adults...

1  Thank Angie P
"boat tour"
in 11 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was terrible and my husband and I wanted a refund. First of all we were had to meet at a random Riu hotel (where nobody was staying) to get picked up for the tour. We board a bus with a "Pirate" crew member and leave the resort, we are told by her to "just say you are staying at this hotel so we don't run into any problems" What? I wondered... then the taxi union stopped the bus by standing taxis and taxi drivers in front of our bus! We were breaking a tourism rule, clearly! The police were called! 45 minutes later the bus of us scared tourists finally started the 30 minute drive to the boat dock. Once we got on the boat the weirdness continued, we were asked what drinks we wanted I said margarita and was given 2 very strong drinks. As everyone was getting drunk a trashy audience "show" of terrible stage games was presented. Humiliating to watch. Then we had to climb down a small ladder backwards to sit at picnic tables in the bowels of the ship. No air in the dining room ad while the cooks made what tasted like microwave meals the heat got worse. It must have been 120 degrees, I felt faint and ill and the yoplait flan for "dessert" didn't help. Then it was back up the ladder for a ridiculous Pirate show with the worst dialogue and costumes ever. The only redeeming thing was the firework show which was nice despite the drunk passengers trying to talk to me and the continued dizziness from the hotbox dining experience. After docking we got to take a super long bus ride back to our condo with about 15 drop offs before we returned. At least the bus had air conditioning. Terrible way to spend a night! The La Caletas dinner cruise is 45 million times better, spend your money on that!!

3  Thank morgan1999
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I did the daytime Marigalante pirate ship tour in July 2010. We were staying at the Marriott CasaMagna and took a cab to the port area to meet the tour group. We arrived at the port when we thought it was supposed to open, but the person who manned the gate was running late (you have to pay a small fee to enter the port area). So, we waited. Another family arrived soon after us and we were chatting with them. The 10-year-old kid had been on this excursion once before and he said he was going to ask the pirates if he could participate in the show (and he was successful!).

The port person finally showed up after 20 minutes and we paid the small port fee and entered. We didn't see anyone who looked to be with the pirate tour, but we saw the pirate ship on the other side of the port. We walked all the way over there and it seemed that they were loading food onto the ship and cleaning it. We tried to ask a security guard where we were supposed to check in, but he didn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish. A mother and son had also walked over to the pirate ship and she spoke Spanish and found that we were supposed to check in at the pirate booth, which we had apparently walked right by when we entered the port area. So, we walked all the way back to find out that the pirate tour ticket people were also running late and so we were told just to wait. We were offered free juice and water while we waited. Eventually the ticket agent showed up and we signed in. We were assigned to our personal pirate Pepe. A mother, father and two young daughters from Ecuador were also assigned to Pepe. We were the first group to board, and along the way to the ship Pepe was teaching us Spanish phrases.

Upon boarding Pepe escorted us downstairs to the galley where the continental breakfast buffet awaited us. Breakfast consisted of cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs, pastries, juice, and milk. Everything was very good. After we ate, Pepe escorted us to the main deck and sat us in the front row of benches. He took our drink orders... you could get several kinds of mixed drinks as well as beer, water and soda. He did a fantastic job of keeping the drinks flowing all day! So much so that I had to make sure I alternated between alcohol and water so I wouldn't fall off the ship - lol.

Once everyone had eaten and was on the main deck, we were given lifevests as well as a safety briefing and were on our way. Throughout the trip, the pirates put on a really entertaining show.

Once we arrived at the beach, we made our way onto the boat that took us to shore. At the beach they offered banana boat rides (we did this twice), ocean kayaks and a scavenger hunt for the kids. Pepe still kept the drinks flowing! We were on the beach for about two hours and enjoyed ourselves.

Once back on the ship, we were taken down to the galley for lunch. The food was very good. They gave you a few choices - chicken, beef or vegetarian - all served with pasta and salad.

After lunch we went back to the main deck. On the journey back to the port we played an adults only game which was fun. The prizes for all the games were T-shirts and bandanas.

Upon arriving back at the port, we were sad to leave. We definitely got our money's worth as the tour was jam-packed with food, drink and entertainment! If I am ever in Puerto Vallarta again, I would definitely book this tour!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Definitely a recommended tour in Mexico. Only I was the man who persuaded my family to spend our evening with Marigalante board cruise. Pleasantly, there did not come any kind of remorse. A wonderful evening it was, full of entertainment and fun. A lot for the kids also but we did not have any in our family on the tour, all grownups. Pirates were superb and mingled well with the enthusiasm of the people on board. There was a lot to watch around, nice views in the lights and among the fireworks.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My daughter and I took this trip on March 17 - St. Paddy's Day. So of course we had to wear our Saskatchewan Roughrider Green! It was a most excellent evening. We were assigned our personal "pirate" - Bones, who kept up the drink service all night and was a wonderful pirate. As it was Canadian night, all things were geared to Canada. The cast on this cruise were absolutely great. They had everyone up dancing and singing. The meal was fabulous - we had the chicken cordon bleu, served with spicy pasta and salad. As well you had a choice of white or red wine. The pirate show was phenomenal. They put a lot of work into it and certainly made Canadian night fun! I would not recommend this for younger children as there were some risque comments made. As we disembarked both of us thought it was one of the most fun evenings we had ever had.