“Pure luxury”
Review of Hacienda San Angel

Hacienda San Angel
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here for the last three nights of our honeymoon and it really was a treat! We were there in January 2005 and enjoyed the individual service in addition to the fact that the staff left you alone otherwise. We swam in the pools, had a lovely dinner there one evening and loved the afternoon band that played in the courtyard. I was glad we spent at least 3 nights there so that we had the time to enjoy the amenities.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Angel's Dome Suite with a private balcony where we had breakfast one morning. I...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hoosiers2001

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed in the San Miguel Suite as a birthday present surprise from my husband. The view is breathtaking and I felt like a movie star. All of the details were taken care of flawlessly, the staff was attentive and lovely. We had dinner at the restaurant below our room and were treated fantastically there as well with spot on food. This was our second visit to the restaurant and it does not disappoint. The front desk coordinated morning massages on our balcony and if anyone has had a massage in Mexico, they are simply the best! We will definitely be back. The love is in the details here.

Room Tip: We were able to view most of the rooms while there and none of them would disappoint me. However, i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deanna B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hacienda San Angel is far and away the best place I've EVER stayed!

I considered not reviewing HSA at all, because the next time I go I want it all to myself again! I'm worried my favorite room will be booked or families with obnoxious kids will be scurrying about... but this place deserves the props so here goes!

Every detail, from breakfasts with Carlos in the family-style eat-in kitchen, to the gorgeous grounds, phenomenal mariachi band in the evenings and 6-trillion thread-count sheets that felt like heaven when we melted into bed, was sheer perfection.

I went with my new girlfriend and we felt like we were on a "Bachelor" reality show date! After staying there, I have NO IDEA where we could possibly honeymoon one day and have it be any more romantic & special.

Speaking of getting married, they have a chapel there that will blow your mind... the sweetest, most authentic old-school little chapel you ever saw with one whole side open to Banderas Bay and an amazing view of the fabulous church next door! I'm not Catholic, nor am I a big fan of making a big show of getting married (I'd rather put the money towards a house or something longer lasting), but I would feel honored & very lucky to get married there!

This is not an inexpensive place, so don't go if you aren't ready to spend some serious coin... but I promise you, if you stay here, you will not regret your choice!

If you have kids, please do yourself and everyone else a favor and leave them at home. Go re-kindle your romance instead :)

I cannot say enough about this hidden treasure!

p.s. with all the horrible things going on in Mexico these days, we almost didn't go... but we felt much safer walking along the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta (local police were VERY visible) than we do walking around in Santa Monica on the 3rd Street Promenade!

Room Tip: We stayed in the San Miguel Suite which has the best views, a HUGE (like 600 SF) private patio and a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank DogBeach90265
Reviewed April 11, 2012

from the moment you step into the courtyard, you feel the magic... the lush vegetation and candlelit staircases, the fountains, the artwork, the peace and quiet... could this be heaven? each and every detail is breath taking. not to mention the four adorable dogs roaming around the property quietly, dogs which were adopted by the owner who is quite involved with the local Humane society. the rooms are impeccable. the views are magnificent. nothing to do with the all-inclusive, trying-too-hard hotels by the beach. we have seen nothing like this before, and have already booked our next stay. literally stupendous.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank the_giulia
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Fabulous stay! Wonderful room ! And a terrific dinner..

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Keeferers
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Staying at this resort surprised us with it's old world charm and impeccable service. Sitting on the hillside with three pools and stunning panoramic views of the Bay of Banderas make this an obvious choice for travelers and their families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views of the bay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tech-Guy73
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Husband and I had our anniversary supper there on Feb 6th, was concerned about prices, but paid about $140 US with appetizers, wine, meals and generous tip. Fantastic food and felt price was very good for what we had. Enjoyed the mariachi so much. Would highly recommend the place for special events or just because!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple